The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hey! You old Fuddy Duddies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey! You old Fuddy Duddies
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2020 01:28 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Hope all of you will be warm and safe.
Have a great day and best wishes to all

Merry Christmas.

Anything has to be better next year than this crazy year.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted December 24, 2020 02:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thank you, and a Merry Christmas to the rest of the Peanut Gallery!

from the Great LB
El Bee,
(who does it all and knows it all)

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2020 05:14 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Xmas to all ............. even HWSNBN.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2020 05:50 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
A Very Merry CHRISTmas to all.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2020 04:59 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to all
Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2020 05:16 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to all the Fuddy Duddies young and old.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
JP
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2020 06:30 AM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
A Very Merry CHRISTmas to all.
Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2020 08:57 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope Everybody has a very Merry Christmas
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2020 09:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!

How time flies!

I remember getting my first 22, one Christmas morning, rather late for a boy at 15 but I had a shotgun since I was 10. I've made up for it.

This morning, nothing under the tree, no tree. There are a couple packages I'm going to open when I feel like it. Bah Humbug, as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks CONTROL FREAK LIBERALS!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2020 01:06 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
No Christmas tree here either. Have several living ones out front and a whole national forest out my back door.

I'm the same way bah humbug on most holidays anymore.

Buy what we want when we need it.

Sold a very nice 249 mile Skandic Skidoo snow machine and bought tracks for the UTV cam am defender. Just one problem we need snow. [Mad] [Razz]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2020 01:06 PM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to everyone!
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2020 08:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess it's over and everybody got what they wanted. I'm kidding. I don't think this group is lacking for much. Anyway, another year past the boards. They are starting to add up!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2020 11:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of, did everybody get what they wanted, I had a jolt of inspiration about Christmases past, like when I was a little kid. The girls got little storybook dolls in a box with cellophane on the front so you could stack them on a shelf and admire them....I guess?

But what I got, maybe some would remember "Paint by numbers"? No? Well, I got a few.

I also got "ERECTOR SET" which had beams and windmill flags and nuts and little screws to bolt them together in shapes and if you got a big enough set, you could actually rig up a motor and a flex shaft and make the thing spin, Whoopi!

Anybody ever get the "Chemistry Set"? All sorts of jars with harmless potents, some stinky like sulfur and some would fizz up or maybe change color miraculously. You probably don't see them anymore because some future Liberal kid tried drinking some of his concoctions and his limp dick dad sued the seller and the manufacturer for everything including the shirt on his back!

Another one in vogue for a while was called a "Wood Burning Set" that included squares of thin plywood with faint outlines of things, maybe a wolf or a tree, I don't know? But you had this soldering gun with a wedge tip and you could trace the faint ink outlines and create the head of a Noble Red Man with feathers, of perhaps a Labrador Retriever, an Eagle and then you could nail them on the wall in your room. Of course, those things aren't sold any more because some future Liberal weenie stuck that hot soldering iron up their ass and his limp dicked father sued everybody involved for everything they owned just for making such a dangerous device!

These days, instead of twenty dollar craft toys, I bet every kid get's electronic stuff that costs at least $500 each.

A few years later, somebody invented LAWN DARTS, and Liberal kids tried to catch them with their eyes and made his Limp Dicked lawyer father very rich.

But, where I lived, kids got mittens and galoshes and new skates from the Skate Exchange, which weren't new, but they were in serviceable condition because kids feet grew so fast, only rich people bought new skates every year.

By New Years, everybody was throwing the tree in the alley and we would collect at least twenty and stack them and make a fort if we could snag an old rug and make it weather tite and then we would sneak candles and cigarettes and huddle inside our very private fort. If there was enough snow we could reinforce the walls sort of like an igloo. Some times we would use the wall of the garage as one fort wall, but it still smelled good, ya know, pine and sticky sap.

You know, Minnesota kids had local parks that the fields were dug out about a foot deep and the fire department would open a hydrant and fill it for use as a skating rink since it would freeze overnight. Then they could even build a wall to make a hockey rink, not every one but that's another status symbol, just skating with a hockey stick, or really hot shit, with skating with the rubber edge protectors of your speed skates swinging in the breeze, an ultimate status symbol. But I always got the hockey skates with the brown toes. Still a status symbol, but different, and since I was too uncoordinated for speed skates anyway.

Minnesota, or the alternate spelling, "Little Sweden" a real Winter Wonderland! Until spring and the snow melted and showed you where the frozen dog shit from all winter was in the yard.

And, For obvious reasons, I never went back. Unaccountably, some people still claim that they love the changing seasons. For what, I'll never know? In those days, we still burned leaves in the street, at the curb, pretty big bonfires, too! Mostly oak and maple.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2020 08:51 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I got exactly what I wanted two twins six years old stuck to my legs like magnets for two days and telling me that they loved me every ten minutes and dad says you have nice rifles and kill everything ! LOL does not get better than that!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2020 08:54 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a shumak enjoying Gods
gifts !

[ December 27, 2020, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2020 09:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a pistol sort of thing. A Bug-A-Salt spring powered gun that shoots a pinch of salt about three feet at creepy crawlys. Gonna put a u/v light on it to go after scorpions at night.
Just don't like spraying poison for bugs...... Would rather hunt 'em down.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2020 12:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Not me, Amigo! I consume Any and Roach spray by the case! Works on Black and Brown Widows, too! In fact, I doubt you can kill the larger brown scorpion with a salt gun, but you are welcome to try it. Maybe the little white ones, they seem fragile enough. Try Kosher salt, it's the "Magnum" of the salt world, Popcorn salt being mainly for chumps.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2020 01:06 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Belated Merry Christmas to all.

An air pistol works well on most crawly things, with just several pumps of air and nothing else, at very close range of course.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2020 02:56 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't run across any brown scorpions yet. All we seem to have here are the smaller bark scorpions that I'm told have a really nasty sting.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2020 03:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The ones I was referring to are about 4 inches long, but was told somewhere that they don't hurt much. I don't want to chance it, I've never been stung by one and don't want to find out. All I know is they are pretty scary looking and I'd just as soon kill every damned one I see.

By the way, if you put two scorpions in the same jar. Next day, there will only be one, so the other one must have escaped by standing on the shoulders of the bigger one. Doesn't even help to screw a lid on, I think they can even open it and put it back? They are that resourceful. Also, I hate 'em!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS there is a "beaded" centipede in parts of Arizona and you do not want to pick it up and stick it down your pants. It's about 10-12" long and has pretty large segments that are about the size of an almond. I think they have a pincher on both ends, if I remember correctly? Just don't mess with it, call ko if you are surrounded and tell him to bring his salt gun! There is another one I have seen from time to time and when you do see them, they are numerous. A dark brown cigar shape, in fact, they look just like a cigar with a million legs. I've only seen them in southern AZ.

PPS, one time I was by myself and this was kinda close to the canal, the one they air patrol. Anyway, I was looking up at a light plane that was following the canal and something landed on my face. I swung at it, and it and my glasses went flying. This was a huge grasshopper about 5 inches long and it took me quite a while to find my wire rimmed glasses hanging in a creosote bush. But it got away. You tend to get a little rattled when a monster grasshopper smacks you between the eyes!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters