The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Open Water Fun Is Over, But...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Open Water Fun Is Over, But...
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2020 09:37 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I got in a couple quick trips before the lake capped over and ended my open water fun. Man, it was FUN while it lasted though. These were some pretty sizey rainbows.

Jigged up this tanker.
 -

A friend and I doubled up on our fly rods to land these two brutes. Mine was the smaller one and it measured 23 1/2"!
 -

Super pretty male duped by the marabou jig.
 -

Sometimes it gets pretty tricky switching back and fourth between a jigging rod and my fly rod, but some how I manage. Truth be told a few get away, but I sure have fun trying to keep up.
 -

Two big old ugly males. My last open water fish as it capped over later that night. Great fish to end the evening with though!!!
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2020 10:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn! That last one is beyond impressive! The first photo, I spent some time trying to figure out the background? Then in the second I realized it was a plastic net. You don't mess around with the smallfry, do you? All of them are bigger than anything I ever caught! And, I was proud of them at the time.

Thanks, Troy! Those are some splendid photos.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2020 11:12 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Leonard. I do try to target trout 20" and up. It doesn't always work out in my favor, but it does enough that I keep after them. [Smile]
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2020 01:11 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
a few pretty good pics. as usual there Troy.
Glad to see someone out enjoying the great out of doors. Didn't take you long to figure out the new waters, now expect to see you figure out the new coyote country.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters