The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Stiff Water

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stiff Water
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2020 07:47 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a big fan of stiff water and standing over an ice hole, but when that is the only option...

First fish through the ice-hole this year.
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 07, 2020 08:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I see that at least, you are not an equipment snob!
Those are very loud colors. Sort of rivals marine tropicals, you know?

El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31485 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2020 08:50 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Borrowed rod/reel. Like I said I'm not a huge fan of ice fishing. So when a buddy asks if you want to go and he's got all the gear...well then you go. [Big Grin]
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2020 08:45 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, there are damn few people in this world, living or dead, that I envy. Could probably count them on one hand and have a finger or two left over.
But this Troy feller, handsome big guy, artist, and poster boy for the phrase 'Git Er Done', could very well make the top half of the first page of the list.

[Cool]

Keep the pictures coming !!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7585 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2020 04:38 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Nailed it Ko Ko ! I have coyotes and Mtn. Lion bobcat and fox on my land daily but would love to pull up a trout any day not a fan of eating them just catching them rather have some beef !we have been experiencing a long drought I put up a kidde pool down on the north end and I keep a bowl out at the front porch for the bunnies its fun to watch come up for a drink I have to dump the ice each morning and refill. Rabbits are pretty cool !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2020 04:45 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
One summer while filling in on another lookout there was a big rabbit I think it was a White Tail Jackrabbit and he'd come to the bottom door each night looking for a handout. Don't know if it was right or wrong but had some table grapes that I placed out for him. He'd pick one up and start eating it and the look of sublime peace would come over his face. This it was the moisture more than anything. It was a nice experience.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2020 07:14 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko you should be my promotional publicist and manager. [Big Grin] Thank you for the kind words.
Paul and Earthwalker, I appreciate those stories about the rabbits. I find it a little odd that as I get older, that things like rabbits, I have a hard time wanting to kill as much as I used to. They don't all get a pass, but most of them do. I can foresee a day when they all do unless they are messing with my garden.

[ December 08, 2020, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: ursus21 ]

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2020 07:28 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Troy my garden is raised and covered everything up here eats ! I love to watch the critters more now as I am older and more feeble don't think I could butcher an elk without help ! lol Used to skin all day now my hands don't help me they just hurt !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2020 08:53 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, ain't getting older a ton of fun. I'm actually at the point where there is a lot I don't do anymore as I figure I no longer have to prove anything. I've had a good life and done a lot of things that were important to me. These days I'm content to fish and call in a coyote every now and then.
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2020 09:27 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We got 2 elk last week. First one other half got and skinned out by himself. Deboned it and he packed out one hindquarter then I walked back with him and packed out the backstraps and he got the other hindquarter. Then back in next morning for the front shoulders.
Got mine 3 days later and did the same thing only a 600 yard pack up the ridge. Hands and back and legs sure aren't working like they use too. We try to keep the deer and elk out of our place. The deer have almost ruined one of our new apple trees. The hologram tape tied all over the fruit trees and a heavy hog panel made into a big cage is around their favorite apple tree so far it seems to be working to keep them away.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2020 10:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
EW, don't you have any dogs?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31485 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters