The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Stand Your Ground

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stand Your Ground
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2020 10:18 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
With the national shit show on television, combined with LB's frequent frustrations with living in California, I was reminded that I needed to go back and review our Kansas laws pertaining to Stand Your Ground, the Castle Doctrine, and No Duty to Retreat. Thought I'd post a link to those in one neat and tidy, handy, dandy location for anyone interested in seeing how us mouth-breathing, ignorant, hillbilly, fly-over reprobates do things, which is a shitload better than what things are like on either coast.

Sidebar, I recently had the discussion with a former LEO and, in Kansas at least, there is little distinction between when a civilian and an LEO can and cannot use lethal force. If the situation allows for a cop to shoot you, so can I.

If you enter my house, my yard or my car and I perceive you as a threat to me or any one else, I can kill you.

If a cop asks for my help and you present a dangerous threat with risk of great bodily harm or death, you're going down.

Even if I have a clear route of escape, as long as you are coming at me, I'm completely within my rights to drop you.

We may not be as enlightened as those in the big cities, but we also don't have the bullshit, and for good reason.

Anyway, for anyone interested...

http://lawofselfdefense.web.unc.edu/files/2015/05/Kansas.docx

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2020 04:00 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
...as it should be everywhere!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters