The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Gullible people, half the friggin' world is crazy (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Gullible people, half the friggin' world is crazy
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2019 05:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't work when the dog ate my homework. [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7602 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2019 06:16 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
It ain't just the kids plugged into the machines, look around when at a restaurant, or worse yet on the road or Walmart.....EVERYBODY has some kind of gawd damned electronic device clutched in their mitts.
I loathe the machines, yes, I have one, but seldom is it with me or turned on for that matter, I simply refuse to submit to a need to have one. Christ sakes, how did we ever get along without them until the last 10 years? I was doing just fine as well as everyone else I knew that wasn't connected.
Went to lunch the other day, across from us sat a much older couple, the wife looking around like a lost pup, her old man spent the entire time on his machine, totally engrossed, they never uttered one word to each other until the check came.
If only they had a device I could buy, that when a car pulled up next to me and the individual was on a machine, I could, with just the touch of a button, smoke it right in their little hands, I'd pay any price.
Im obviously not a fan of the electronic machines, Ive seen what they are doing to the folks around me, grand kids etc, they crawl into them and hardly come up for air to experience some reality around them. If I was King, there would be no cell phones or other electronic devices period.

Posts: 1634 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2019 06:28 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Vic. Totally..

If y'all remember, I purchased my first cell phone three years ago. Mostly because our land line sucked. I turned that service off & sure enough they dug a new fiber optic line on our road.

Anyway my wife is a teachers aid @ a local middle school. She gathers phones from students on a situational basis.

However it should be noted, she & about everyone I know is hooked on these devices ?

I bought the most badass flip phone money could buy. Now everyone is pressuring me to get a "dumb phone" I've learned to say never say never.

But...??? I doubt it.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted December 16, 2019 06:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a guy on a flip phone yesterday. I couldn't believe it!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31511 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2019 07:21 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Was he wearing an Elmer Fudd hat ?
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2019 08:27 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate them they have stolen my children and grandchildren, I own one and am constantly scolded for not charging it or for leaving it home. out side of the phone its a paperweight ! edit to say GPS is useful !

[ December 17, 2019, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2019 09:37 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah the wife would scold me also. I would go to town & leave it home.

So, I had it with me last summer shopping over the border, you can't drive & be on the phone in Oregon. Minimum $250 fine. I didn't answer it so I pulled over & called her only to get chewed out for not answering. I almost most chucked that bastard into the snake river, had the window down & everything.

I pussed out.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2019 09:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have had so much trouble with my iphone. It stopped responding while I was texting my daughter about stuff to buy for Thanksgiving, and this was 3 days before. It took me about 3 hours but eventually, I found out that TMobile had locked my damned phone! I never stopped to think about what that meant, but this was a complete clusterfuck!

When they had signed me up a year before, for some reason, they put me in a plan that was prepaid and for people that had terrible credit! I wondered why they would send me a notice to make sure there was funds in my account? Then a couple days later, they would send me another text congratulating me telling me I had another month of service? There is a type of "Credit Card" that looks like a Visa, but you have to pay like a hundred dollars in to it, then you could use that $100 credit until it was gone, requiring you to send them another hundred bucks, or 500, I didn't understand why bother, but like some places, such as renting a car, it's virtually impossible, unless you have a "credit card". So, it does look like a credit card, but you are using your own money.

Well, this was one year later, and I never have got to the bottom of it but maybe it was because of the contract ending, but I actually have no idea? Anyway, they first told me it would be turned on in 24-48 hours but that didn't happen and when I bitched about it, they said no, it was actually 5 to 7 business days!

In the meantime, I went to Verizon and they couldn't help because TMobile had to release it first: if I wanted to keep my number? So after more than 7 days I called again and the person told me that there had never been a request to turn my number back on! You cannot imagine my feeling towards TMobile, at this point! She said it would be unlocked in (same old, same old) 24 to 48 hours.

This was partially true. Exactly 48 hours later, I got an email telling me that in another 48 hours, I could walk through the steps to activate my phone! By now it was more like 3 fucking weeks, but I wasn't done because Verizon still had a problem, but I was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The next day, I got my first bill from Verizon, and of course, had not made a single call or text, but with "activation fee and first month it was a hundred bucks!

And, unbelievably, TMobile sent me a survey 1 or 2 days later, all about how pleased I was with their service, on a scale of 1 to 10!

I forgot to mention that I still couldn't use the fucking phone until I did a upgrade and I couldn't do that because I didn't know the TMobile passcode! If I ever had set up a TMobile account, I didn't remember doing it?

What pisses me off is that those cocksuckers were able to lock my number, (a number I have had for like 20 years) and do it instantaneously.... but it takes 3 fucking weeks to unlock it!

Well, TMobile is shit under my shoes, as far as I am concerned! They had better not ever ask me for a recommendation!

Now, could we have a conversation about what are the best credit cards? I do not know? I fly so infrequently that "MILES" are meaningless to me so what I go by is, one: no fee and 2, low interest rate. So, since I'm not interested in free upgrades to first class, AND I don't carry a balance, why am I concerned about a low interest rate?

However, I think it's crazy to make payments at 23% interest! And criminal to charge that much! The lowest rate I have is 7.9% but so what because I pay it off every month? What is the criteria for determining the best credit card? Personally, I use a Discover Card quite a bit so I can't answer the question: why do I have, 15 cards in my wallet? Security? I don't know? I'm not exaggerating either, I pack 15 cards for some reason, mostly to save 10% by opening an account, like BassProShops.

Somebody tell me what to look for in a credit cards? You know, there are a number of cards that charge $500 annually! Well, what am I missing?

[ December 18, 2019, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2019 11:02 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Trac Phone. It's a flip phone & I buy a year's worth of minutes that roll over when I don't use them.

Cabela's Visa. Pay it off every month. Accumulate points and every couple of years drop in for a free shopping trip.

[Smile]

Edit; Actually, now my Cabela's Visa is now MasterCard. Same program. No fees as long as it's paid up.

[Smile] [Smile]

[ December 18, 2019, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7602 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2019 11:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, thanks! But I sorta got the same thing with a BassProShops Visa. And, since that store is only about 5 miles away, I can check it out frequently. You, on the other hand? I assume you have to go to Glendale? Maybe there's one in Tucson but it's still a drive.

Okay, but getting back to the EVIL CELLPHONE!
Read this article and take your kid out of the loop!

[URL=https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/parents-your-kid-should-not-have-a-smartphone/]https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/parents-your-kid-should-not-have-a-smartphone/[/UR L]

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: you are also correct. This BassProShops is a MasterCard. And, I'm old enough to remember when it was called MASTER CHARGE
LB

[ December 18, 2019, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2019 05:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
KoKo a vintage Indian sounds perfect my reaction time would have me dead on a Ducati at this time in my life . Truth be known after a lifetime of riding an racing motorcycles I would not if I could due to people texting it scares the shit outta me !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2019 07:07 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hard to believe that during the 70s we drove around with a beer in one hand and a C.B. mike in the other ................ and there was never a problem !!!!
Now, people can't get their faces out of their phones long enough to know what direction they're going on the freeway. [Eek!]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2019 07:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent some time looking at Indians on their website a few months ago. For the record, I have always thought that the Harley Davidson cult was for "wannabees". But, to each his own.

When I was a kid, Mrs Ramsey lived across the street and she was older than dirt, at least 60? But she had a son, never did figure out his schtick but he had a maroon Indian, whatever they call them, "full dress" or something with faring and leather saddlebags, and lots of reflectors. I always thought that was the coolest motorcycle I ever saw and still do. But those retro Indians are gorgeous! One I saw was turquoise and of course, the maroon and cream is a knockout!

If I ever got on a bike again, I have absolutely no use for Aspencades and Harley's, but those Victory's are attractive. However, if I showed up on a maroon Indian, those Harley wannabees would eat their heart's out. Messy, loud rattletraps and with chain drive? The shaft drive BMW's might look "square" but that technology shits all over a Harley Davidson, in my book.

Paul must be the HM designated motorcycle expert around these parts? I hear all the cool guys, soccer stars and movie stars, they all ride Ducati's, that blond kid, Canadian, (possibly swings both ways), I don't know? Anyway, would your old posse laugh at you on an Indian? That's an elegant ride, if you ask me!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ December 19, 2019, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2019 04:19 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My posse is my posse and they would only ask how to have fun if I showed up on a big wheel from Mattel. I was one of the fast guys and I'm still alive ! Never was a cruiser guy but these Indians are beautiful. The Victory is a technically sound bike with superior fit and finish . Harley is a pig and always has been. Operative word has been ! Harley actually makes more money selling apparel than they do bikes , can you say posers ! The Chrome and leather crowd never appealed to me . I like the leather and duct tape around the knee pucks crowd.!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2019 08:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! Then we all agree that motorcycles fulfill a death wish! I'm just lucky to be here and I bailed out early.

My old girlfriend Judy has a son in law, big asshole, must be 6'5" at least? And he is definitely a Harley Poser. Just gags me! And he's such an arrogant SOB. I just about decked him right in front of the Golden Nugget when he got married to Judy's daughter. Nothing but a big fucking baby, always intimidating people with his size and naturally, never has to back it up. He's a walking billboard for Harley Davidson, it's just perfect. His other fan club thing is the Pittsburgh Steelers. I bet it was a hard choice between Steelers and the Raiders? Honest to God, we stayed with them once in San Antonio and he took us downtown, the River Walk & The Hard Rock Cafe and a sport's apparel shop. He's only been with Nordstrom a couple years with no experience at all and they have made him head of the maintenance department because...6'5", of course!

I guess this is about posers, in general, etc. Whatever?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters