The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Shut down HM (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Shut down HM
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2018 04:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a given.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31509 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2018 01:45 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Welp, Ive been officially banned over at PM. What a bunch of pussies. Oh well...life goes on.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2018 02:09 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the club. The crimson toad banned me years ago. They do not like the truth over there nor a disparaging word against certain sponsors.

I could not care less.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2018 03:02 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welp, Ive been officially banned over at PM. What a bunch of pussies.
Well that sucks. They give you any reason?

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2018 03:03 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
The only place I was ever banned was coyote gods. Not even for anything I posted, or said about them anywhere. JH just said "red mist assholes aren't welcome here", lol!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2018 03:27 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Callmaker drama. If certain crybabies from Washington state get upset, they shed tears and complain. That way, theres less competition.
Mark

[ September 27, 2018, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2018 03:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, does that ever sound like JohnHenry!

But, you got a little bit further than I did. Bruce Kennedy, (who actually built the Coyote Gods website) wrote me the very night they opened the board and invited me to apply/register. The next day, he sheepishly wrote back and said when JH saw my application, he blew his stack and said; NO WAY! And, he was embarrassed and apologized, but I never got a password.

I've been mentally scarred ever since!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS besides, I've never owned a 17, but like you and Tim, I did use Pat's 17 for most of two seasons. We mutually decided it didn't fit our style. Never looked back.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2018 04:31 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Is JH still alive?
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2018 05:13 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty sue he is alive and working for George Soros !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2018 08:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The cat's out of the bag! JohnHenry has always been a Liberal. Boo!

Just think about it. He hunts. Okay, some Democrats hunt. Besides that, he is not a gun guy, in any sense of the word. Seems like I remember that he left one of his rifles outside all winter in a wheelbarrow. I don't know how damaged it was, but it's not the way a true gun nut would treat a firearm. What else can we draw from this story? He's a bit of a phony about guns and animals and hunting, in general. The Coyote Gods was just a phase and now he's interested in something else. Who cares?

Seems like I heard that the man has been thrown out of some of the finest institutions of higher learning in the country. He was proud of it, true or not. Well, if he is self educated or however he acquired his expertise, he seems intelligent, a fair assessment, I think?

Anyway, we all wish him well in whatever he has pursued subsequent to his interest in predators and 17 caliber rifles. Maybe he will show up as a congressman from Pennsylvania? Stranger things have happened; look at Al Franken!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2018 03:31 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Ole John-Henry caused a lot of good people to either leave or be banned over at CoyoteGods. Damn shame, 'cause there were some good guys over there.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2018 04:58 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I figured him at pushing 60 when cg was going and that was close to 15-18 years ago. Thought he might be dead now?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2018 06:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I don't think that's right. He was never as old as you might suspect. Of course, I don't know, it was never my day to watch him? But my guess is that he's probably about qualified to apply for social security, maybe 62-65? YES. That's old, to you whippersnappers! But, I'd guess he's still ambulatory, although could be crazy as a loon? Who knows?

Oh, his best buddy would know! What's he up to, Victor?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2018 07:19 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I think he is under 60, maybe a couple years older than me

[ September 29, 2018, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2018 08:09 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I had him pegged at maybe mid-70's or pushing 80 currently. That why I thought he might be dead now.
RayG
Knows what it's all about
Member # 9

Icon 14 posted October 24, 2018 09:16 AM      Profile for RayG   Email RayG         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard (HMFIC, you certainly have been [Wink] )
You have invested how many years into this board? As I recall it was shortly after Jim Struble left the field in 2000 that I acquired control and passed it on to you. I haven't been involved in years, but often check out the topics and comments without logging in. I've seen changes over time, mostly in the early years. Most current posters on the board don't have a clue who RayG might be.
You've done will and I don't think there is another medium that can replace what can be done on a board. Facebook won't hack it.
Since leaving CA I haven't done a lot of predator hunting. First in ND and now in western MT. However, I have drawn up plans and started assembling parts to install a hatch on my truck and start night calling this winter (just as soon as Elk season is closed)
I say Keep New Huntmasters open.

--------------------
RG

If you don't vote, don't offer your opinions about the outcome.

Posts: 34 | From: Corvallis, MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2018 08:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Great hearing from you, Ray! I knew about North Dakota but not Montana. Which is colder?

Ray is an old CSVCA member, from a different club, Riverside, I think?

I'll try to keep it going as long as there is value and it's appreciated. It's my "giving back" a gift to the sport, such as it is. Boy, they wouldn't believe the good old days, would they? No money involved, it was more important than that.

Down Memory Lane, one more time!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2018 09:59 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Start a new thread. tell us stories from the good old days. I suppose writing it down will give you cause to write another story down. Bits and pieces is all we really need. Stories are part of what makes this a great site. the banter is phenomenal too. let's hear some of those old hunting club stories!

Ever shot two coyotes with one shot?
Step on a snake at night time?
Ever have to spend the night because the truck broke?
I would be intrested in knowing more about how the club's work. I have always heard talk about them but I really don't understand how they worked I do know there was competition between clubs and such...

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2018 03:05 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
It's very much appreciated.
Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2018 09:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the comments.

Danny, the original CVCA could really use a historian. I have stacked in the corner of my garage, two cardboard filing cabinets that contain all that is left of the documents and odds and ends correspondence going back to at least the 50's. I have the original large format checkbook, some of you may have seen before, looks more like a desk calendar. It's a piece of "memorabilia" all by itself. I also have some of the original animal figures that adorned the top of the various trophies, all in bubblewrap. It's a sad ending, that nobody cared enough to keep it going because of petty attitudes. Poor Gary Clevenger couldn't win anything, so he destroyed the club while everybody else stood around stroking their dick. I'm not upset, it's just sad.

edit: Yes to the two coyotes with one shot. That would be Steve Sundeen did it after a long time and a lot of patience.

edit: step on a snake, we all have probably come close, but I always had a fear for my son who would walk out to retrieve an animal in shorts. There are times that they are more active at night than in daytime, when it's not cold.

edit: Broke down? Seriously. I have stories that require chapters

[ October 25, 2018, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2018 04:26 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I do remember when I and only one other guy that lived in Lompoc were the only callers in town that I knew of anyways. Now it seems every town has a contest. At least in Nevada anyways.
Broke down out in the middle of nowhere was always a long walk and if you were lucky some buckaroo doing fenceline would give you a lift.
And other hunters puzzled about why in the Hell would you want to waste time calling coyotes?
Could go on and on but things were a lot differant when I started calling back in 1962, a lot differant.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 645 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted October 26, 2018 08:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You got me walt! I had just been discharged in 1963. I bought a Circe jackrabbit call at The Archery Headquarters in North El Monte. On a weekend shortly thereafter, me and Richard drove up on the old Ridge Route above Castaic, in a place that has been underwater for probably 40 years now. The first thing we saw was a coyote skull in one of those deep canyons, then we had a bobcat cross the road on us. On the second or third stand, stood up and spooked a coyote. All done with 22's, BTW.
And, by the way, I was hooked. Never got over the sense of awe, to see an animal come to distress.

Of course, now they won't, since electronic machines have fucked everything up. But, for a while, coyotes came in on a string. I've killed my share and then some.

Down Memory Lane

Good hunting. El Bee

[ October 26, 2018, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

RayG
Knows what it's all about
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2018 01:16 PM      Profile for RayG   Email RayG         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup Leonard, I was with the Rebels. I suppose they earned that title before I joined up, but it certainly didn't end there.
I don't have a lot of that wonderful history you had with CSVCA as I joined after I retired from The Air Force in 88. Sure was fun though.
CSVCA seemed to start falling apart in the mid 90's and then it only took a couple years and it was closed up. However, all of the chapters remained active for a while after that. Riverside finally closed in 2011 when my company transferred me to North Dakota. In the club there were only a few left that were doing all the work for the benefit of the rest. When I left some drifted into other clubs like PCOC and National. I believe PCOC is still going but any of the others, ????
Back then everyone had a hunting rig with a hatch and night hunting was the primary calling method. The rigs had tape decks with speakers mounted under the truck, we used amber or red lights with flip levers to BURN-UM with white light, and ..... could go on and on I suppose.
Getting stuck for some was a frequent event. Flat tires was probably my worst enemy. At least once each season I cut a tire on rocks out in no mans land. Hmmm, wife wasn't happy when she saw the tire bills. One trip I cut two sidewalls, but was fortunate enough that I replaced the first before I went out to cut down the second.
I occasionally hear about the Memorial Hunt that sort of brought the clubs back together It got stated after Jim Struble passed on. I guess it is still going to happen in Dec or Jan, not sure.

--------------------
RG

If you don't vote, don't offer your opinions about the outcome.

Posts: 34 | From: Corvallis, MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2018 05:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Back in the early days, the purists in the club decided that tape decks should be banned, or at least vehicles checked to ensure no cheating. They didn't want to corrupt the sport. Using hand calls was not just preferred, it was the ONLY way. I remember when McKovich and Brookover wanted to join San Gabriel, coming from Orange County chapter. I first saw their names in Gun World Magazine about the California/Arizona hunt. Arizona never won that hunt, by the way. See why we need a Historian? So, the word on the street was that they used a tape deck! The horror! The horror! It was also known that they were killing a lot of animals. We allowed them to join. I hunted with both and learned a lot, killed my first animal with Rick, a kit fox, but it was kind of a big deal at the time. There have been many firsts.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: looking back, to tell the damned truth, banning electronics would have been far better than the way it is, with the whole country saturated with the sound of fucking Foxpros!

[ October 27, 2018, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2018 09:06 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Great posts....more stories please...
Just getting good.... I feel like a young brave sitting around a campfire at the feet of old wise chiefs....LOL (I'm no whipper snapper)..more stories please..
.I'm lighting a fresh pipe now

[ November 02, 2018, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters