The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » STORMY DANIELS NAKED! OMG LOOK... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: STORMY DANIELS NAKED! OMG LOOK...
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2018 11:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Salton Sea is a strange critter. Now, figure, I have been known to leave the pool water valve open to where it overflows. But, imagine, some sort of careless valve opening of the Colorado River and before anybody notices, you have a lake in a depression of the desert that must be (what?) 20 miles long?

There is no infeed and it doesn't drain anywhere, and apparently, it doesn't even seep into the groundwater? And, this happened (WAG) in the 19teens, about a hundred years ago, or so. Where the Corvina and the Mollies came from, I don't know? And, from what I hear, at no point is it over six foot deep. Also, nobody knows what to do with it or about it? It does make a halfway decent waterfowl hunt destination. Fishing (so I'm told) is halfway decent?

It is really ignored by most everybody. You can drive both sides and there is not much happening, since everybody keeps driving to the river.

Having said all that, I don't really know much about it? The salt content increases with every rain bringing runoff from the hills and coupled with evaporation, it's a dead sea probably worse, but in the category of the Great Salt Lake. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Anybody else?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ May 11, 2018, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31472 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2018 12:08 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I stayed generic in using "tuna", as they're all hellacious fighters. Bonitos, skipjack, albies, yellows, bluefins, blackfins, bigeyes...they all pull like a freight train, and to the death...

Some just get bigger than others, and the bluefin is the only one that'll clear 400lbs, as the norm. And they get 2-3x bigger than that!

As for Wicked Tuna gear, those guys are using 'unlimited' class tackle that can dish out 50-60 lbs of drag. And you see how a big bluefin can still dump the spool!

Incredible animals...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2018 06:50 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 

[ May 11, 2018, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Az-Hunter ]

Posts: 1630 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2018 06:49 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Ling Cod is my favorite fish here in the Northwest. They're aggressive as hell and fight hard. Lock into a 30+ pounder and hang on. Excellent table fare, too. In Alaska I fished for Sockeye with a fly rod. They go beserk when hooked and they're fun to catch.

Hardest fighting fish around here is an Albacore Tuna. It's a serious struggle to get a 30-40 pounder to the boat. A day of tuna fishing is a real workout.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters