The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Liter Maid product plug

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Liter Maid product plug
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2017 09:46 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
First of all...........if someone in your household, thru no fault of your own, has an indoor cat ......you need to have one of the automatic litter boxes.
They're spendy but well worth it.
Trust me on this one.
My wife has had one for years & it finally failed.
Naturally, she wanted to go buy another one......right now !!
I suggested that she contact Liter Maid and inquire about sending the unit back for repair.
Their customer service asked her to email a photo of the unit as proof of ownership.
The photo was sent and a reply received that a NEW UNIT WOULD SHIPPED THE NEXT DAY........FREE OF CHARGE !!!!
Gotta love service like that and a company that stands behind their product.
[Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2017 12:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that the one that recycles the litter? Or reprocesses it? Or flushes it?

I guess, what you are saying, with a strictly indoor cat, there are about two possibilities.

Either you own a high dollar Abyssinian or another designer cat that could be stolen, or...

You live where a cat won't survive outdoors for very long because of the coyote population.

Which are you?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2017 01:01 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It rakes clumping litter into a storage tray which is then emptied.

Wife's indoor cat. No breeding bloodlines. I tolerate it because cats kill scorpions.

Outdoor cats, strays, come & go. The go is mostly due to Great Horned Owls. Evil creatures. Wiped out an entire litter of kittens, one a night & the mother.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2017 01:55 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Dogs understand on average 500 words, can be trained to hunt, retrieve ,do service work as seeing eyes or other disabilities sniff drugs. bombs ect. not bad

Cat craps in a box !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2017 01:59 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry couldn't resist not a cat fan have had some along the way that were tolerable usually came with a girlfriend !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2017 03:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd normally agree. Never was a cat person.

But, then I got an exceptional cat, raised him like a dog 'cause I didn't know any better. What can I say, he was a great cat and I got quite emotional when I had to put him down at 16.

Then, there are the "cat" cats. Some people like 'em? I'm not a big fan.

All I know is my cat was my buddy. He would hear me pull in the driveway and come out of the garage, talking to me the whole way. I would open the door and he would jump up in my lap and we would visit for a while before going in the house. And, he didn't run and hide from strangers, yet wasn't a pest, either.

He was a very ordinary gray striped tabby, so there are cats out there that could appeal to a non cat person, if you give them a chance.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2017 08:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul,
All true............but if you save / freeze a few of the 'Tootsie Rolls' from the box and use them on the trapline............. [Wink]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2017 04:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have saved and used every bobcat turd I ever had , found , or collected. Along with urine glands and foot pads.
Like I said there were a few along the way that were special. Just trying to add some laughs.
Sounds like a solid company Litter made.

--------------------

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2017 05:31 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Eagles can also very hard on cat populations...

When I was trapping beaver on the farm I ended up duck hunting on, I pulled in one day and instead of the Ol' Man coming out to greet me, the wife came out with a bit of a distressed look to her.
"How do you feel about eagles?" she asked.
About that time I noticed that the one cat that would keep my truck seat warm while I worked was nowhere in sight, nor were any others.

She pointed up to the big cedar tree and said an eagle taken all her cats, and asked if I'd have a problem killing it. I told her I wasn't sure.

I related this story on another hunting board and was promptly banned, which I'm not too worried about here.

All I said was "eagles.... they taste like chicken and fish!" [Big Grin]

For those wondering, I never did see that eagle. [Wink]

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2017 05:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't you get some type of "Lifetime" dispensation at Huntmasters? We usually give that out after three bans and reinstatements?

Besides, I think "native Americans" can kill eagles. Weren't you born here?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2017 08:14 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know that there is still a company out there like that.

Was looking for a new mattress google search came up with a company called tuftandneedle. Looked at them and what type of frame you could use. Just ordered one for $600 free shipping and will fit a slat type foundation. Casper was $950 and didn't look like it would work on a slat. Also the company is USA made.

Only bad thing tuftandneedle prices go up tomorrow.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2017 11:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Orvis is a good company. I never have a problem returning stuff.

One time, the plastic picture holder in my wallet got worn so I called them and they looked it up. I bought that wallet nine years before. Anyway, I asked if I could get a replacement picture/card holder and she said sure get one out to you right away. They sent me a new $98 wallet, the whole thing. I only wanted the little plastic thing? By the way, these wallets do have a lifetime warranty, but I thought it meant they would sew it up if it got ripped or something?

Anyway, I'm still using the original, the new one is still in the box. I'm going to look for, and buy a $5 wallet just so I can swipe the card holder for my license.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2017 08:17 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I had the coolest cat once. It was a big, beautiful gray Persian and was more like a dog than a cat. It loved going for rides in my truck and would lay across the back of the seat when we were riding around.

I was working out in Ridgecrest during the week and coming home on weekends. One time Dusty stowed away in the truck hiding under the seat until I got to Palmdale. Too late to turn back so he spent the week with me. I was a cable splicer back then and Dusty rode around with me in the ladder truck. When I was working in the bucket he'd sit on the hood of the truck until I was done. At night he stayed in the motel with me. Damndest cat I've ever owned and I'm not a cat person.

My Labrador Retriever used to go to work with me and do the same thing. If that cat would've retrieved ducks and geese I never would've gotten the dog.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2017 08:29 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah. Orvis. When I lived in Juneau I fly fished for Cohos in the salt water. I bought a graphite rod from Orvis called the Shooting Star. It was actually designed for Bonefish but could cast a line an incredible distance. The tip was too soft for setting a 3/0 hook in a salmon so when I flew from Juneau to Cancun I stopped in San Francisco to the Orvis store and traded the rod for the new Boron Shooting Star. No questions asked. The next summer I was in my 16' skiff out fly fishing for salmon and I hit a wave that lifted a gas can and dropped it on the new rod. It was crushed. At the end of the summer I found myself working in Vermont so I stopped in at the Orvis store in Manchester. Even tho the rod was crushed they took it and repaired it at no charge.

Lots of nice stuff at Orvis but they don't carry tall sizes. I believe I still have a few Orvis fly rods although these days I fish a Sage rod. I could tell stories about the fish I caught in Alaska and the Yukon with those Orvis rods but people would think I'm lying.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2017 10:38 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I like cats. I like em cause they like to hunt and kill stuff, and they are sort of independent.

When I was a kid, I slaughtered everything around town with air rifles. Racked up high numbers on every bird imaginable along with other critters. We had a white short hair cat that caught on to what I was doing, and when he saw me grab a pellet rifle, he was on my heels all around the neighborhood. That cat would see birds up in tree that I couldnt and would actually move around the tree to get the best position on em and be "on point", letting me know to get my butt around to where he was. He loved to see birds tumble out of the tree, and if one didnt make it all the way down, he would go up and get it, over and over, all day. True story.
Crazy fucking cat for sure.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2017 02:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No doubt, we/some of us are talking about a "one in a million" cat, but they do exist. When you find one, they are special.

The main thing is, when you get a special cat, it does alter your whole perspective. I still have little regard for a cat that does those things I dislike, but at least I know a few of them are good people.

One thing P2 did was talk to me, carry on a conversation not much different from my cockatoo; and much of what he says is just jabbering followed by a few intelligible words. It's not so much that I understood every "word" but an audible response conveyed the "essence" of what he was telling me; very earnestly, I might add.

I'm not kidding.
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2017 06:29 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
We took in a young female cat last summer. All she does is talk !! She has specific meows all kinda' stuff.. Purrs & different tones of purrs ?

We go back & forth, including my wife. I think we talk to her ? She gets on top of the fridge, all over the place.

We had a male cat, for years he was nothin' like this little girl !!

He was a good dude though. Just different than her. We still miss him..It's amazing how attached we get to pets.. [Smile]

[ June 01, 2017, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters