The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » if you have been putting off that Dillon....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: if you have been putting off that Dillon....
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 20, 2016 07:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e29_1352371125

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2016 01:46 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a long time friend from my Alaska days that lives in Washington state now. He has a collection of machine guns including a 50 caliber WWII gun and a German machine gun like Audie Murphy used to kill the Germans in the machine gun nests in the movie To Hell and Back. He also has a fully auto M16 and a number of other fully auto weapons. He is federally licensed to own them. He is also licensed to repair fully auto weapons for any law enforcement agency that requires his services. Along with a lot of other things he's a gunsmith.

Occasionally I get an invite to go out shooting with him but I find it kinda boring.

I also have a few friends who are into cannons. Back when I lived in Alaska a group of them took their cannons to public events to fire them. No cannon balls, of course, but they also took their cannons out to the end of the road on North Douglas Island and knock down trees with them. No license needed. Yeah, I have some crazy friends.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2016 06:19 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck getting one of those contemporary HKs. Besides the ATF, Germany has gone politically correct and has outlawed all exportation of firearms made in Germany whether civilian or military. Today, HK's presence in Germany is very small.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2016 06:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I could be wrong but I think the Browning 50 has kinda proved itself? Going to be around for a long time. For that matter, they are still making, and people are still buying 1911's.

My uncle carried a BAR on Iwo Jima, among others. That was a hell of a squad automatic rifle. Of course, he was a big guy and they always picked big guys to carry the BAR. Face it, John Browning was a firearms genius.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rifleshooter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3983

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2016 08:54 AM      Profile for Rifleshooter           Edit/Delete Post 
Once upon a time Colt limited its AR-15's to law enforcement sales only and it bit them in the ass. They found out the civilian market was bigger than the law enforcement and government m 16 contract combined. Which they lost to Bushmaster and then to FN anyway.

HK is much like the AK in its a stamped steel process firearm that has a great following of would-be experts, but didn't sell in great numbers when it was on the market.
The countries that used the G3 understood that it was a throw away rifle when it broke, it is welded and pinned together. The frames cracked and the barrel trunnion became loose where it is pinned to the stamped steel frame elongating the holes. They could not repair the cracked frames without a jig to keep the frames from warping. So much for just replacing a part and its working again. Military firearms are used hard, not like the guy that has a semi-auto version that seldom gets used and then it doesn't have heavy use when it is.

[ February 21, 2016, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Rifleshooter ]

--------------------
The pen is mighter than the sword, but is no match for a Colt.

Posts: 29 | From: CA-AZ-MT | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters