The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » sitting by the phone, waiting (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: sitting by the phone, waiting
Duckdog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2014 11:01 AM      Profile for Duckdog           Edit/Delete Post 
Not meant to be funny...
Truely, an honest question. I really have no idea how old you are.
And, I'm finding it harder and harder to guess people's ages too. My neighbor is 88 years old and is so unbelievably fit it's unreal! He did have a "small" heart attack a few months ago, but he was out waxing the mini van yesterday!
Yard always spotless and well kept. Our last snow was the first time I've ever seen anyone but him clean his drive!
It was his son that lives next to him, but apparently,...he hadn't done a "good enough" job, because Paul was out there after he'd went home,...finishing the job. [Wink]
The guy truely amazes me when I think my Grandpa is roughly the same age. Living in a nursing home with a completely failing body.
So, I was thinking, ...you must be like my neighbor, but apparently I missed the "80" joke. Sorry.

Posts: 205 | From: Ks | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2014 11:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it was a "joke", like "nose hair" jokes.

It's no secret, I'm 71, (I think) and smugly believe that I am doing fairly well for that stage of life.

Ah shit, I just missed a great shot of that B24! Right over the house, this time!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: not directed at you, duck dog.

[ January 12, 2014, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2014 12:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

don't ask, I have no idea how to turn those photos. This friggin' iPhone drives me nuts!

[ January 12, 2014, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2014 01:08 PM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
So Vic, did you secretly hunt coyotes in Tucson when the family was distracted?

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2014 01:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Vic, you don't have to answer that question!

He was (I think) born and raised in a log cabin, in Tucson. I think he might know a spot or two, but did he hunt? We might never know the answer.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2014 02:40 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
LB,
Don't feel too bad, heck mt brothers sorta stepson asked my dad if he knew Abe Lincoln. He was about maybe 10 years old at the time and was serious. [Smile]

You need to get one of them Batman spotlights for the sky, except put a big V in it, then whenever you want Vic to contact you, just shine the spotlight.

[ January 12, 2014, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2014 03:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The most reliable method is starting a topic on the Board, in CAPS, with his name on it. Yeah, works just like the Batman Spotlight. Not guaranteed, but when you have nothing to lose, might as well try it.

Vic told me he reads the Board every day, but his provider charges him per keystroke, so he is very frugal and to the point. That's why he doesn't even use periods at the end of a sentence; he'd rather spend the money on guns.

That bomber has flown directly over the house three times while I have been typing this. I still don't have a really good pic?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2014 06:07 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
ah shit Leonard. did'nt mean for you to take it hard.
Damn, you don't look 71 or even close too it.
actually, you're quite a good lookin handsome fellow. i know for a fact, i ai'nt looking that good at 71.
hell, not sure if i look that good at 48 [Confused]
as for getting laid at 71...... thats cool as hell [Wink]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2014 06:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting my share, Amigo.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2014 06:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have a boss that always said:

"I'm not as good as I once was."

"But, I'm as good once, as I ever was."

I have come to appreciate that sentiment.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2014 08:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Long conversation with our Senior Guru, Victor Carlson, last night.

Talked about a lot of things, and gossiped about a few of the HM personalities we all know and love. Talked about Tim, the Okie boys, Paul and Fred, and guns and hunting, Florida fishing, tortoises, plumaria, health issues, well problems, commodes, revolvers, chores and family, grandkids, wives and girl friends.

Bottom line, he has much to do before heading for home on Friday. [Frown]

So.....I guess I will go visit my main squeeze for a few days. Don't get excited, it's just for the home cooking and the companionship. Got to be careful with the old ticker, you know?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters