The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Posting Photos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Posting Photos
Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2013 03:00 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
How to get any photos into the right size for adding to any post I might make on this site.
I use Photo Bucket.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2013 04:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As last resort, send yourself an email. They are usually sized automatically. Other than that, it is an option on your camera.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2013 05:00 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
PB automaticly sizes them to 480x640 I think when you download them there.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2013 05:22 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
i use photo bucket. the new format seems to resize them automatically.
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2013 10:04 AM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the input. I also have trouble getting the photo from Photo Bucket to this site.
Say I'm replying to some ones post or starting a new topic. I'm not to hip on being logged into Huntmasters and then getting Photo Bucket open so I can get the photo to copy and paste here.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2013 10:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, koko is our Internet/computer Guru, so talk to him about "copy and paste".

Good hunting. Lima Brav 0

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cayotaytalker
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2013 10:55 AM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
LB, surely you just I mean does KOKO even post photos? I'll get a handle on it.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2013 11:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I jest. But there is somebody on here that can walk you through it. There is nothing specific to HM though?

But, it seems to me that photobucket or Tiny Pic and probably several others, have a tutorial that explains how to upload photos to their site. That's the first step. Then, all you do is copy and paste....and even koko, (at his advanced age) knows how to do that.

Good luck, and don't let it scare you. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2013 11:29 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
CT, I use photobucket too.
You post pics here two ways.
First way, is to 'right click' COPY the "DIRECT LINK" of the desired photobucket image.
Then open up HM in a separate window and make a post.
Click on the IMAGE key below the message box you type your text in. IMAGE key is the bottom right key.
When you hit that IMAGE key, a pop up window will appear. PASTE that DIRECT LINK into that window. (Be sure you don't have "http://" doubled up at the beginning.

Second way to do it is to just type the code"[img] ___ [/img]". Just PASTE the DIRECT LINK from photobucket where the blank space is between the brackets. Be sure to not leave any blank spaces though.
Good luck!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2013 11:43 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

Coytalker....... I used this yearbook picture of TA as a sample to make sure I tell you this correctly.

Here goes..... Open a seperate page for Photobucket when you're on your Photobucket page click on the image in your library that you wish to share, then when that image comes up on the screen look to the right hand side and there is a box in the column that says "links to share this photo" go to the link that says "IMG" it's the bottom link, now just simply LEFT click the link inside the little box and it will automatically copy the image link for you.

Then go back to your Huntmasters page and hit reply and look in the list of options directly below the text box and select the lower right link that says "IMAGE" when the little box appears on your screen simply RIGHT click on it and then select copy and follow thru with your post as normal..... hope that helps.

To answer your question about sizing.... it's done automatically. about getting between the two sites you can just open 2 separate windows and go back and forth between them.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2013 02:16 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
I got it now. Thanks

--------------------

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2013 04:09 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
New window - Hit Ctrl key and the letter N key at the same time (*depending on the browser you use and the version, this window may or may not be identical to the one you started with).

Paste - Hit the Ctrl key and the letter V key at the same time.

Me, I'm a typer, I write in images and smilies and the like using the keyboard rather than grabbing clicking and dropping the mouse all the time. [Wink]

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters