The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Help Me Out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Me Out
Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 11:24 AM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
looking for more than just Google Earth somthing like Terra Earth but free with images.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 11:43 AM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Heck, I didn't think I was ah cussing that loud!
"Install Google Chrome" etc etc. I have Google Chrome! Buy this , buy that, install this. Yeah I was pissed. I have used Terra Server in the past, but not lately.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 12:09 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Mike that's funny I was cussing just now. I have uesd it in the past and like the photos and how you can get in real tight. Plus I thought it was free.There must be somthing out there free and easy to use.

--------------------

Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 12:15 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The iPad & iPhone platform come with Google Maps. I know it isn't Google Earth, but I don't get hounded to add or upgrade for a fee every time I use it.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 03:16 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
Look up the USGS topos and Aerials.
Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
trapper2
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 05:28 PM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
I look at flash earth, its free but I don't know if it what you are looking for

--------------------
nothing is politically correct if its morally wrong

Posts: 248 | From: okla | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 05:36 PM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
I use Mapquest.com alot. Its free and works ok. Dont know if you can print it...never tried, but I use it alot. TB

\\\\\\\

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Duckdog
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 05:37 PM      Profile for Duckdog           Edit/Delete Post 
Prune, my iPhone has google earth. I don't remember paying for it, but if I did...it weren't much I can guarantee ya!

It's pretty handy.

Posts: 205 | From: Ks | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 06:11 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Trapper 2 I like that one. C. Smith I must not be smart enough to use that one. just did'nt have any luck with it. The old terra server or what ever used to be so clear and I thought it was free. A pain to use but clear.
I'm willing to check out others but Google Earth and Flash Earth are not bad.

--------------------

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 06:50 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I use google earth on my I phone, it was free.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 07:10 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Flash Earth
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2013 07:30 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
I was on Flash Earth about an hour ago and it was easy for me to use.And I redown loaded Google earth and its seams to be clearer to be now.

--------------------

the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2013 12:16 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
flash earth is the best so far.
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2013 06:13 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Goodle Earth user. One thing some of you might do is to search for the website for the county in which you are hunting. On their website, look for "GIS" or "Property data" which, in my county and several others I hunt, is a link to the county's mapping and appraisal section.

Where I live, you can pull up a map of the entire county. Hit "Pan" and move the target area to be enlarged over the area where you hunt. Zoom in and, at a point, it goes from a straight line drawing map to an aerial image view, complete with roads and labels. Then, click on "select parcel" and you click over the spot where you hunt, or want to hunt, and the system will automatically highlight that tract of ground while, at the top of the screen, it lists the name and address of the property owner and all of their other ground. If you want to 1go deeper, you can actually find all the appraisal data on what they paid in property taxes, etc..

We have used this program extensively when we get permission from a guy for one piece of ground, as a way to discover tracts he owns elsewhere. There's a field in whcih you can enter just the name and the program will highlight every tract in his name in the county.

Maybe we have a place we hunt, but there's an ever better place nearby. Two or three minutes on the lap top and we know who owns it and where they live. A quick look at the phone book and we have a number to call right there from the driveway.

I don't know how much information you'll get in counties with a lot of federal ground, but in areas where private ownership is the norm, it would be worth looking into, and yes, a lot of these will allow you to print them off. I use this a lot when I get a call from someone needing help with coyotes in an area unfamilar to me to help me in seeing how their ground where the problem lies relates to the countryside around them, such as drainages, corridors of cover, and the like.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2013 06:32 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
good info Cdog. will check into that
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters