The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Comments (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Comments
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 06:17 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
When you come into someone else's house, don't act like you own the place.

Always abide by the house rules.

Don't act like a hotshot and spout off at the mouth.

Don't throw shots at the members of the house hold.

Earn your place. It takes time to become accepted as one of the guys.

Be humble, like the other members of the house (like the Cal's, Geordie's, and Al's mentioned, I do not know the others).

If you are truly good at what you do, you don't have to talk about it. People will recognize it without bragging. In other words, if you are good then you have nothing to prove to anyone.

Be honest with people. Don't mistreat their animals.

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 08:22 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
4949shooter
Member # 3530
Posted March 30, 2013 06:17 AM
quote:
Be humble, like the other members of the house
Not all are humble. [Smile]

As to your other statements, I concur, to a point. I'd rather have ppl speak their minds than act like fake SOB's.

[ March 30, 2013, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 09:05 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Making yourself look good, by making others look bad, is poor form... but cheering that person on is even worse.

"This above all: to thine own self be true." WS

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 09:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Then, there is this yuck yuck stuff; and no, I can't muster the energy to hate a jerk like this.

-----Original Message-----
To: nbosin <nbosin@aol.com>
Sent: Fri, Mar 29, 2013 7:30 pm
Subject: Re: Hope You Don't Hate Me Too Much

To be honest, it seems as if your message board is for swinging dicks around at others. That's pretty much all that goes on there and that's why I never joined until after the camp out. Sure, there are some guys on there that know their stuff and can kill someone critters but for the most part it's full of the I know all and my way is THE way types. Again, I apologize if I crossed a line in your eyes but it seems you can really dish it out but can't take it. Other than my initial post after signing up and today I've pretty much steered clear of poking anybody. It is what it is though LB. Take care.

nbosin@aol.com wrote:

You know what? I can't understand people like you. The purpose of my message board is to promote fellowship, exchange ideas, stuff like that. You picked the wrong person to have a little fun with at my expense. I really don't get it? Poking, just to poke. I put a lot of effort into this board, twelve years now and I get no help with expenses. I do it to pay back to the sport and not to be poked and disrespected. Like I said, I don't understand your attitude, at all. And, don't worry. I have let three people back in, two of them didn't learn a damned thing, but one is still hanging in there. So, my policy, for better or for worse is once you push me that far, there is no going back, so kissing up won't work. And, I understand, you aren't doing that.

But, to EXPECT to get banned because of poking and having fun, I guess I don't know what makes a guy like you tick? Forget about the rest of the, obviously they are not worse than you or they would be gone, a long time ago. As you should have been, by your own admission. Fucked up attitude, Amigo.

Take care. LB

-----Original Message-----
To: webmaster <webmaster@huntmastersbbs.com>
Sent: Fri, Mar 29, 2013 3:23 pm
Subject: Hope You Don't Hate Me Too Much

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 09:18 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, all of us, it seems, hate the high five, back slapping dipshittery that goes along with predator videos or deer hunting videos. So, it would certainly cross over to this platform...

It is bad form to bash others, but it goes on constantly, here and other places; just ask TA and TT and Glenn Guess and Byron South and any other dipshit with a "name". I'm guilty of it, so, I don't complain if someone wants to take a shot at me.

Everyone: It's a bit of a double standard to expect that YOU or anyone else isn't fair game. If you've been around the Internet boards a LONG TIME, you know the game.

[ March 30, 2013, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 30, 2013 09:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Chris, we were just talking 'bout you!

edit:
quote:
I have let three people back in, two of them didn't learn a damned thing, but one is still hanging in there.

[ March 30, 2013, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 09:23 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

posted March 30, 2013 09:21 AM
Ah, Chris, we were just talking 'bout

I'm flattered?
I hang in there because I'm an obstinate asshole and like to hear myself type. [Smile]

And! I thought my ban was a "computer glitch."

I may be 'special' but I know when to throttle it back... But, I may be more perceptive than some others. [Smile]

I will sometimes argue for arguments sake, it's no different than Red yucking it up just for yucks.

[ March 30, 2013, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 09:37 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The wonderful thing about this place is that it's unlike many other forums in that we are allowed and encouraged to speak so freely. Leonard runs this forum as if its his own living room.
So, take your boots and lid off at the door, be appreciative of the room and mindful of your host.
I remember KJ inviting me here and his sage advice of how to conduct myself and recognize my place amongst everyone else. Admittedly, I've been a little heated in that last thread, and I apologize for getting a little over abrasive with possumal.

Sorry dude!

I get a little carried away when I see some foul shit going down and get a bit creative to make an unmistakeable point. No harm intended, other than trying to convey some passion across an otherwise lifeless medium...

Back to the point I think Nick is touching upon. If a post pisses Leonard off, you are out of line. Trying to justify your actions after being made aware of that fact is just plain disrespectful. Even a Yankee can figger dat shit out...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 09:42 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Was typing that as you guys were. Taking some extra time to type without having to go back & edit all my silly syntax and spelling, after the fact!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 09:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good, Fred. Just to be clear, I certainly do not need any back slapping or sucking up just because it's my board.

As far as pissing me off, the most offensive shit from yuck yuck (above) is the put down about our membership. I will put our membership up against any other, anywhere. These guys are the best at what they do and if this dipshit can't figure it out, it says a hell of a lot, (volumes) about HIM.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 10:04 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Smithers,

I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.

And yeah, that shot has been fired over my bow enough times that it hardly phases me anymore.

Maybe it's the caliber of the person, this time, I expected so much more from Jason (*considering all the testimonials and my personal opinion of him). I hate being wrong.

Tim on the other hand did exactly what I'd expect of someone of his "needle gun" character. He showed, once again, that he's not really part of this community "an island unto himself" someone recently said.
In that case I hate being right.

Either way, right or wrong, I need a break for a while.

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 10:13 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Gotcha, Leonard. Hard to convey respect with a friggin' keyboard, seems to always get taken as a suck up no matter how ya type it. A risk worth taking, when its deserved...
Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 10:23 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
This is what you get when you put strong headed people with conviction in a room, no holds barred, no ref, and hand them a keyboard. Some people don't have the sack for it, so, they never post out of fear of not being accepted by their peers. It's all psychological.

Survival of the fittest, sink or swim. Fend for yourself or call for backup and hope they have what it takes to yank you out and resuscitate you.

Krusty:I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.

I know, I was playing devils advocate.

[ March 30, 2013, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 30, 2013 10:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
A SPECIAL ACCOUNT, for "special" people. Use it wisely.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Bomba
Knows what it's all about
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 11:15 AM      Profile for Bomba           Edit/Delete Post 
Bomba very interested in what going on here and do not fully understand motive of some people so Bamba ask chief Why people blow own horn?
Chief say:
quote:

Some people blow own horn because they have big lips and like to hear self accomplishment. Drawback is when wind blows their face get many bruises. It more wise to listen and not blow.

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 11:33 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
lol

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 01:25 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
I can remember one time we had a guy in the Riverside club who was the posterboy for a desert rat redneck, leather faced mule skinner type. Rough, unshaven, plaid shirt, jeans...you get the idea.

He worked as a security guard at some giant storage warehouse in LA. Well, he got shot in the arm with a .357 one night. Caused him to loose use of his arm and it started withering.

His getting shot must have caused something to go wrong with his brain because he decided he was going to become a woman.....yea, you got that right...... Redneck muleskinner type, leather faced, wrinkled, hair stubble, roughneck.....a man's man kind of dude (you couldn't get more non-woman than this guy), decides he's going to become a woman with sex change operation and all.

Well, if you're going to do that the doctoras won't perform the surgery until you play the part of a woman for something like a year. You have to dress like a woman, hang out with women and, pretty much, be a woman.

So this guy, a club member with Riversdie chapter, starts coming to the monthly meeting dressed as a woman.

You should have seen the looks. I don't think you could re-create the looks from the membership when this guy walks in dressed as a woman.

He sits down at the table like nothing is wrong and starts chatting just like he did when he was a dude. I think most people must have thought it was a joke or something and were waiting for the punch line.

Well, he makes the announcement that he is going to have a sex change operation and he has to dress like a woman before the doctors will do the surgery. By this time people began to realize this wasn't some kind of joke.

My first thought was the .357 round to his arm did more than just damage his arm.

Now you got to keep in mind this is a hunting club full of varmint hunters who can out-hunt, out-spit, out-piss, out-climb, out-fish, out-fight, out-swim, and out-shoot any man west of the Pecos.

His membership after that didn't last long as it was made known, in no uncertain terms, that he wasn't welcome anymore.

Well, it must have pissed him off sumptin' fierce because he exacted his revenge in a most unexpected way.

Fast forward to a hunt check-in that occurred (regularly) at Kenwood road in the Cajon pass. I was the first to arrive so I'm looking for the other hunters. I see all kinds of vehicles I didn't recognize parked in isolated spots here and there. I'm wondering what the hell is going on because this ain't usual.

As I passed along side some of the vehicles I could see the pro-gay bumper stickers, I see some guys head bobbing up and down, others were scrambling to conceal what they were doing, etc.

It finally dawned on me this was a meeting spot for gays who wanted to do their thing. I got the creeps and got the hell out of there.

Driving out of the area (a dead end road) I pass a truck parked going the wrong way on the other side of the road. Tailgate was open and the rear camper shell window was up. You could see everything in the back of the truck.

Well, it was impossible not to notice there was some big fat guy (at least 400lbs) laying down on a mattress, legs spread wide wackin' his thing with enthusiasm.

You can't make this kind of thing up, I'm telling you!

Seems to me it was after this the clubs stopped using Kenwood road as the check-in spot for the hunts.

I found out later that the guy who wanted to become a woman got on some pro-gay blog and started talking about how good Kenwood road was as a meeting place for gays. He even specified certain dates that he knew would coincide with club check-ins.

Why did I relate this story? Well, when your dealing with hunters your dealing with some hard ass men most of whom don't broker any bullshit.

For example, I can out-piss, out-shoot and out-fight any one of you pansy ass momma's boys [Smile]

So there!

[ March 30, 2013, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 01:51 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Even a Yankee can figger dat shit out...
Amen!

(YuckYuck)

Hey, Bomba's back!

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Frank
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 02:11 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 

[ June 28, 2013, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 02:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you can call it Clegghorn or Kenwood or old timers always said "the scales" which have long since been abandoned, but it is the old Route 66 going over Cajon Pass. The detour is only those two exits, but it is amazing, since the faggots found the place, day or night, always single guys, pulled over and they take a walk into the trees. It's degenerate, depraved homo encounter stuff, this being Southern California, and all.

One of the things I noticed. I have spent many hours parked on the other side of the street waiting for check in and what I noticed is how NORMAL most of them look. No "fairy" types, they look completely normal heterosexual. I can't believe the cops haven't shut it down a long time ago?

What does this have to do with anything, I don't know?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 03:10 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
There exists a special breed of varmint/predator hunter that takes great pride and personal satisfaction from the knowledge and application of those precision instruments we call varmint rifles.
For the winter Rifleman there also exists an intangible aura wrapped in a windswept landscape covered in ice and snow. There is a solitude so loud that it has to be experienced to be appreciated. For each person the winter hunting experience is different, but it still has a spell that can not be felt at any other time of the year

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
CCP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 913

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 03:14 PM      Profile for CCP   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Always late......

I find PossumAl and Tim are still in denial.

I find people thinking someone is a nice guy from their interactions at trade shows, talking on the phone and the occasional hunt.

I am sure people meeting with or talking to TT through Predator hunting are met with enthusiasm and a will to help any way he can. Anyone you meet working a trade show, selling calls, guns etc.etc. are going to be nice and seem to be great." It's a freaking business" and the same goes for people wanting to be famous or be elevated by their peers.

If you didn't know Jeff Mock you might walk into his dealership and by a car from that nice fellow helping you get a car. Bet he even gave you a steal of a deal and he lost money just to help you. WOW what a nice guy.

My advice to chest pumpers on the predator boards has been to install Google Earth on your home computer. Then punch in your home address and it will zoom down to your location. Then slowly zoom out and after about 3 turns of the wheel you may realize just how fucking small you are to the rest of the world.

I try to look over here every day but just flat out missed it.

Posts: 117 | From: SouthEastern united states | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 03:39 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
Frank, you along with Krusty have a great writing style and your posts are very readable, I always enjoy them. I don't always agree with your views but can appreciate the time and thought you put into them. Observation...

CCP, I'm sorry you missed out. You could have contributed greatly to the conversation. It's always fun to see what you have picture wise or thought wise.

Never take anyone else's word that so-and-so is a good guy. And! Never vouch for anyone either, if the person turns out to be a fucking turd, you get shit smeared on your chest too.

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 04:37 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
At least don't vouch until you're secure in your feelings and don't care about the stain.
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Frank
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 06:47 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 

[ June 28, 2013, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters