The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » RECALL THE THREAD ABOUT CONFISCATION? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: RECALL THE THREAD ABOUT CONFISCATION?
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2013 07:35 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Those who want to take our guns are anti-constitution of the US. They ARE domestic enemies I have sworn an oath to fight. So, in that light.......

The end game for Senator Feinstein, and others, is not "assualt rifles." Numerous times over the years Feinstein has stated that her real goal is to take ALL guns off the street. Her real goal is to overturn/repeal the 2nd Amendment...... pointing out the differences between semi and full automatic rifles will not dissuade her crusade....she knows that there is a difference, and is using the media/propaganda to convince people that all guns are "evil."

Feinstein wants a country where only the Government has weapons..... she wants, what has been seen before in the world with disastrous results, a "police state." The 2nd Amendment was written with people like Feinstein in mind. It is our protection from their excesses. Someone needs to destroy people like her, with prejudicial force if necessary........

She would do it to us...seems only fair we do it in return, don't ya think?

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2013 07:49 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
As to Shaw's post: At least the spelling and sentence structure was spot on. I hope that was a spoof, but that's the type of people who got us into this mess.

Al: Better watch the post Katrina video again. You obviously missed all of it.

Del: Well said. No room for misinterpretation.

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2013 07:52 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
DEL GUE

I'm with ya.

But keep in mind what happened to me. Back when California required the registration of all so called Assault Weapons, I registered only one that I owned. The rest went into storage in another state for the expected confiscation...which never came.

Now, all those other guns I owned are illegal and if I try to bring them back to California and use them in any way a police officer will be there to take them from me and call me a felon. Of course the one that is legally registered is very limited in how I can use it. I can use it only at a gun range. It must be transported only in a locked container along with many other restrictions. My mini-14's suffered no such restrictions.

The point I'm making is it is unlikely guns will be confiscated outright. These motherfuckers know there will be a fight if you do that.

So, like in many other kinds of legislation, they make the law to effect only future generations.

This is how the California government will (has) gotten rid of semi-automatic firearms that look like military assault rifles.

I get to keep mine (so I won't kill anybody that tries to take it) yet it is illegal for anyone else to purchase one. In a generation, all semi-automatic firearms that look like military weapons will be illegal. I can't even will the gun to my sons or daughters on my death!

Fiensquatnatzibitch will have succeeded in banning a certain class of guns. Of course California hasn't stopped there. For example, all long guns must be registered by 2014 or you will be a felon. This is "tightening the noose".

I say it's time all freedom loving Americans join in a gigantic march (armed) and force a return to our constitutional freedoms.

Like an old tiger, sensing his end, he is at his most fierce ...

Time to demand a backing off or a killing.... their choice.

[ March 06, 2013, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2013 10:00 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Del & 49 are good guys.

Al needs to quit watching CNN.. [Smile]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2013 08:39 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
How does a local police action in New Orleans after Katrina, when President Bush was president, have anything to do with the national discussion going on here now? They were supposedly confiscating guns to prevent looting at a time of a natural disaster. The rightfully owned guns were to be returned later when their house was back in order.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2013 10:05 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Al,

Take law abiding citizens guns at a time when they need them most to protect themselves and there property? And treat them like criminals? That might be the United States you want but it sure is hell ain't the Country I want...They(the "They" are liberal politians) just keep chipping away at our right to keep and bear arms until it will be to late. You probably won't see it in your lifetime but if we don't stop it,it will happen..

Posts: 1650 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2013 10:33 AM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Who was President at the time is of no consequence. What happened was law abiding citizens who had the right under the law to own firearms had them taken away from them. Thus denying them the right to protect their loved ones, their property and themself. Moreover if I remember correctly it took some time for the guns to be returned and only after court action was threatned by the NRA. Al would you give up your right to protect your family and property?

[ March 07, 2013, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: JP ]

Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2013 11:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Not only that, but I took note of the complete lack of respect for the citizen's firearms. Tossed in a pile, all scratched up and abused in a way I personally would never do to my own firearms. And, my attitude is to treat other's property with at least as much respect as my own and in most cases, (if possible) more care and respect than accorded my own. That's what galled me the most, those prick cops actually mistreated people's property and no receipts no way of knowing what belonged to who. Then the pricks wanted the owners to prove ownership, total and complete, intentional harassment. Yeah, right, I'm going to give up my stuff to people like that!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31542 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2013 02:21 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Del and 49 are ok.

Al is worse than Tim.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2013 06:09 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't say I liked what happened after Katrina, but I did want to point out it was not a national deal. I don't think President Bush or the Federal Government had anything to do with it, so I didn't think it fit into the current conversation.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2013 07:56 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
You said:
quote:
I still haven't seen any law abiding citizen have his/her gun confiscated.
I said:
quote:
Al: Better watch the post Katrina video again. You obviously missed all of it.

Now you're putting limits on confiscation. It has to start somewhere. You do understand that, right? What happened after Katrina was a test market for those who are interested in that sort of thing. Kintuky water must be delicious, at least the well you've tapped.
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2013 08:06 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
My damn Internet has been down for a day!

WTF back atcha Del!

quote:

It's not their job to ask for it or to oppose it. It's their job to enforce it.

Quit blaming them for something they're not responsible for...

There really isn't much more I can add that others already have not, but your quote sums it up. LEOs in general seem to try to maintain a level of plausible deniability. Why can't you as Johnny law speak up against what you feel is an injustice or infringement on the 2A? It's always a case of 'higher ups', legislators, or 'I don't make 'em, I just enforce them' excuses. Until I see the FOP or some other police assoc. stand up and vehemently support individual gun rights, cops are on the wrong side of the issue. Because, let's face it, you all are the ones who will be knocking on the doors.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2013 09:22 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
On Aug 26, 2005, in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans was placed under martial law after widespread flooding rendered civil authority ineffictive.
The state of Louisiana does not have an actual legal construct called "Matrial Law", but instead something quite like it a "State of Public Health Emergency". THE STATE OF EMERGENCY ALLOWED THE GOVERNOR TO SUSPEND LAWS, ORDER EVACUATIONS AND LIMIT THE SALES OF ITEMS SUCH AS ALCOHOL AND FIREARMS. The governors order limitd the state of emergency, to end on Sept 25,2005,"unless terminated sooner".
Contary to many media reports at the time, martial law was not declared in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina, because no such term exists in Louisiana State Law.
However, a State of Emergency was declared, which gave the state government "UNIQUE POWERS" to the state government similar to Martial Law.
On the evening of Aug31, 2005, New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin nominally declared martial law AND SAID OFFICERS DIDN'T HAVE TO OBSERVE CIVIL RIGHTS AND MIRANDA RIGHTS IN STOPPING THE LOOTERS.
Federal troops were a common sight in New Orleans after Katrina. At one point as many as 15,000 FEDERAL TROOPS and National Guardmen patrolled the city. Additionally it has been reported that ARMED CONTRACTORS from Blackwater usa assisted in policing the city.

[ March 08, 2013, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Prune Picker ]

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 06:51 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, CrossJ, you have nobody to blame but yourself. If you, the American electorate, elect people to office like that mayor and Obama and then don't like the results, then you need to blame the person lookin' back at y'all in the mirror.

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 10:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Those conclusions are a bit specious, and here's why. I am damned sick of votes and legislation based on a fifty-one percent majority. This country is NOT supposed to be the majority dictating to the minority as to how to conduct their lives. There is supposed to be a degree of respect and tolerance for opposing points of view. I am not willing to let a bunch of ignorant drones voting for free stuff control the whole damned country. I think that's why we have a system of checks and ballances?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 11:04 AM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"There is suppose to be a degree of respect and tolerance for opposing points of view"

Thats the problem! Todays society has been contaminated by the All mighty Buck aka: the give aways. We welcome the arrival of "new americans", give them a check and tell them who to vote for. Does anyone really think our "new american" neighbors have a single clue what made this country the GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD? Hell no! But they send Jose & Maria a check every month and record their votes in every election even tho they are illegal and skipped the whole REQUIRED learning process to being an american citizen. I have always been under the impression that i went to school to learn and absorb knowledge and then make rational decisions based on what is best for us (Americans) as a whole.
'Someone spent a bunch of money and invested a lot of of time to make sure i learned enough to become proficient enough to make rational decisions and display a bit of character while doing so'.
Above Paraphrased by me from my parents message to me while growing up. (not maturing)

[ March 08, 2013, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Prune Picker ]

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 11:11 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
The problem, Leonard, is that CrossJ is using a double-standard. He accuses cops of espousing plausible deniability, and yet he wants to take no responsibility as a member of the electorate for voting these people in.

CrossJ is much like Obama. He wants to blame cops whether they are responsible for something or not, just like Obama wants to blame Bush whether he is responsible for something or not.

If he's a voting member of the electorate, then he has to assume responsibility for voting these people in, whether he personally voted for them or not, just like he is holding cops responsible for registration/confiscation laws, whether we have supported, lobbied for, or enforced any of these laws or not.

In the original case, the MAYOR...PROPOSED...a law. It was just proposed and not even passed yet and he through some specious reasoning in his own alternate universe made us a part of it. No cop had enforced that law, because it wasn't even a law yet, and yet he started throwing rocks at us.

If he's gonna feel free to stretch my involvement, then I am going to feel equally free to stretch his involvement. We can play TEGWAR (The Exciting Game Without Any Rules)all day long...

The easy...PROPER...solution is to hold individual people responsible for what they do. But he doesn't want to do that.

To spin it his way, until the voting electorate, of which he is one, quits voting these idiots into office, then he, as a member of the voting electorate, is on the wrong side of this.

[ March 08, 2013, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 08, 2013 11:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I accept your theory, but I want to point out that Geordie is a friend of mine and I consider him good people. We have met and talked at the campouts and you would like him, I promise. Okay, he's an Okie and can be blunt, but he does speak his mind. I respect that.

Good hunting El Bee

edit: put another way, I think you guys are off on the wrong foot, ya know?

[ March 08, 2013, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 01:00 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

What about when good men chose to do shitty things?

Okay then Del...

I hold the jackboot officer that tackled the poor lil ol lady in her kitchen, for informing them she was able to defend herself, responsible.

I hold the officers who refused to give receipts for evidence/property seized responsible.

I hold those officers who treated peoples personal property with a total lack of respect responsible.

I hold those officers responsible for their actions.
Nobody made them do these things, not George Bush, not some Mayor, and not Geordie... they personally chose these courses of action.

In the first case, the officer could have asked the lady to put down or relinquish her firearm POLITELY... but he chose not to.

Can't blame that one on Geordie.

In the next case, there are standards in place for the documentation and processing of evidence... these officers chose not to follow these standard procedures.

Again, certainly not Geordie's fault, or anyone else's.

And in the last case, nobody made these officers pile peoples personal belongings (many of which could be considered valuable heirlooms) like trash... they chose to!

Passing the buck, in these cases, is bullshit.

I'm not judging you personally on the actions of other officers, but I can see how with the "us and them" mentality prevalent in the law enforcement industry many people judge "you" as a whole.
If you can't see, and more importantly understand, this then there's no use talking to you.

I don't know what you expect us to "do" about the voting record of others?
When I lived in Washington, in Seattle in specific, I did my level best to inform as many people as I could on the issues related to trapping and hunting, and on the 2nd Amendment.
That's as much as I could do.

It's not my fault, any more that it's Geordie's, that these people refused to bend to my will, to see the light, to pull their heads out of their asses.

What have you done in the past, and what will you do in the future, when asked ask part of your job to do that which you believe is wrong... who's fault will THAT be?

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 02:50 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go again Del....WTF? I am assuming the unfounded accusations to my voting record are an attempt to steer away from the original point. First, you should take a county by county look at the voting during the past election in my state. Then, compare it to your own state. I'm hoping you weren't a detective. Anyway, enough on that topic.

To the original point; Leo's have a PR problem. I think that has been agreed upon here in the past. So, when you have a group of badge wearing uniformed individuals standing behind a politician nodding their head in agreement to what ever individual right they want to take away, it doesn't go a long way to convincing the public leo's support the average law abiding citizen, and they are just one of us. That conglomeration of uniformed bobble heads is a perceived representation of law enforcement in mass. If it wasn't, the politician wouldn't have them there.
Your point appears to be that the bobble heads don't speak for all Leo's in general. Am I right so far?
My point is, that the uniforms are not standing up in OPPOSITION (this is the word I used) to the infringements on
our rights.
So here is where you need to take some of your own advice...and perhaps do a little campaigning among the people who share your vocation. Because, without words to the contrary, the public is going to assume the bobble heads speak for you all.

Maintain

--------------------

Possumal
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 03:42 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Quote Jimanaz: Now you're putting limits on confiscation. It has to start somewhere. You do understand that, right? What happened after Katrina was a test market for those who are interested in that sort of thing. Kintuky water must be delicious, at least the well you've tapped.

Jimanaz: I am not putting a limit on anything, but we obviously believe differently on this subject. I don't believe "They" were just planning ahead, waiting for a natural disaster to happen, and then jumping in and starting their master plan of confiscation. If you believe that way, it is your right, but I don't believe that at all. As I said before, I don't think the local action that took place after Katrina has anything to do with the national discussion now.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 04:17 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Crossj, there ARE LEO's standing up for OUR gun rights:

http://www.project.nsearch.com/profiles/blogs/list-of-sheriffs-standin g-tall-against-obama-s-gun-control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNN1H7UfqiM

http://cspoa.org/sheriffs-gun-rights/

http://www.examiner.com/article/state-sheriff-s-associations-oppose-obama-anti-gun -proposals

I can dig up more if you like, but I think you get the point.

Why don't you cut Del some slack? He is as pro gun as you are.

[ March 08, 2013, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 04:41 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
Understood he's your friend. And if you say I'd like him, I take your word for that.

CrossJ,
I'll pray for you.

Take care, amigo, and be safe.

To all,
I apologize for being a cop.

[ March 08, 2013, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2013 05:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm laughing at that, Del. Pretty funny. I can appreciate the humor with which it was said. And, you guys absolutely would get along.

Good hunting. LB

edit: and, BTW all you guys are my friends.

[ March 08, 2013, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2013 07:12 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
CrossJ,
I'll pray for you.

Del, thanks. I am sure if all of us were to meet at a campout, we would all get along...except for maybe Al...LOL. I think anyone who hangs out here on a hunting board has a whole lot in common with the other members.

49, thanks for the links. I do have a serious question. Do you feel there is much difference between sheriff and police (from a police prospective)? The reason I ask, is that to me, the sheriff office tends to be more representative of the community than the police of a municipality or a state. The reason being a popular election. Any way, it appears that way in a more rural area like mine.

Maintain

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters