The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » fur prices

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fur prices
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 10 posted February 21, 2013 05:56 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
not sure how many here hunt/trap coon but WOW.
i sent 28 up to NAFA and they sold today. 44.41 average, 96.00 high,/ 14.00 low.
last year i had 5 coyotes go for 135,125 ,115, 110 and 100. even the lowly muskrats are bringing 10-15.00$. used to see critters dead on the road quite often. bet those days are gone.
i think cats,fox and coyotes sell tomarro and from the internet chatter on prices, i might be doing allot of [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2013 06:02 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I avr. 25.00 for my coon, just had them skinned..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2013 06:11 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
that ai'nt bad.
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2013 06:20 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Coyotes and Red fox avr. 30.00 and as far as beaver go they would be better off left where they are till the prices come back up on them...
Oh!! Coyotes and fox sold just skinned as well if I would of stretched and dried them you could tack another 5-10.00 on the price..

--------------------

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2013 06:28 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
beaver IS up and is expected to be better yet.
i sold my oct-nov reds for 50.00 each put up to local fur buyer... needed cash after wolf hunting for 21 days [Eek!]
i'm guessing my reds up now at auction will bring 70-80.00

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2013 07:29 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Coyotes I sold averaged $45.00 then add the 50 dollar bounty. Reds averaged 35.00....

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2013 01:13 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
got 250.00 for my MN cat, and first coyote went 142.00 [Big Grin]
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2013 05:44 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Sold my Jan.-Feb. fur today..
50.00 on avr. for redfox and 50.00 avr. on the coyotes as well. Prices up from last sale but so was the fur quality... [Smile]

--------------------

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2013 05:49 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
who did you sell to Tim??
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2013 06:38 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Johnson fur in Wilmar, Mn.

90% of his fur is sold on contract to over seas fur buyers with less than 10% going to Canadian fur auctions...

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2013 09:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been shipping my desert coyotes to Groenewold for the last few years. Have always felt they did me fair on the prices.
Got a $20 average offer today and took it. Had a little of everything from still a bit blue to starting to rub with some really nice ones and a couple that I was embarrassed to send. Just don't have the quality coyotes down here like Ore & Nev.

Now all I need is to win the auction on a Black Widow bow that I have a bid in on. [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2013 10:50 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Another Bow Koko??? How many you need?? LOL

You shoot left or right handed?? Good luck on winning the bow..

--------------------

Baldknobber
Knows what it's all about
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2013 12:46 AM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Sold my three cats last weekend at the Kingman cat sale for $110 apiece. Here they might have brought $75. Our cats are really dark on the backs, and that hurts them some.

[ March 15, 2013, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Baldknobber ]

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2013 06:02 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello haven't posted in awhile, I sold 3 cats for 585$ average 8$ on coyotes and 10$ on coons this year.
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2013 08:04 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
i'm looking forwards to the may auction.
i had 2 red fox up at the febuary one and got 120.00 each [Eek!]
4 coyotes with a 94.00 ave.
got a basement full of ready to go coyotes,fox and coon. have put up a few from DiYi also. he's got some great looking coyotes in the bunch.

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2013 09:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not just another bow, Tim; it's a Black Widow. [Cool]
Something about using the $$ I made on the coyotes that I called to buy a bow to take bear calling appeals to my concept of the whole circle of life thing. That, and I just want a Black Widow with a bit more poundage than I'm shooting now.

I shoot rifle, shotgun & pistol left handed. The bow, I shoot right handed. I don't have a dominate eye so it works for me. It's not something I recommend.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2013 03:34 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
How many pounds you pulling? Should be carefull at your age or you might pull something else.. [Eek!]

I shoot right handed mostly but can do it left handed as well. Bought my first bow (Bear) left handed and later found out I was'nt really left handed so on my next bow I got a right handed one.. I still have the Bear 50# bow and may sell it some day..

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2013 05:18 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck, I sure woulda love to seen Tim try to spell ambidextrous...
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2013 06:18 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
holy shit Fred, i just blew some beer on my monitor [Eek!]

black widow makes a fine bow for sure

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2013 06:53 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Fuck, I sure woulda love to seen Tim try to spell ambidextrous...
Dude, WORD!

LMMFAO! Tears in my eyes, really.

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2013 07:50 PM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Roger Fulton, one of the owners of Black Widow Bows is an old college rodeo team mate. I know the other two guys only slightly, but their bows are nice from what I hear. Those guys all have rodeo backgrounds; one as a team roper, one as a steer wrestler, and the other was a PRCA bullfighter for a while with his twin brother. The twins were fearless in the arena. Used to like watching them fight bulls together. Just a bit of trivia. Sorry, no hijacking intended, just couldnt help giving some great guys a plug. TB.

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2013 09:38 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The Martin Lynx recurve that I shoot is 60 pounds. Not sure what the weight on my compound is, but I set it up to shoot the same arrows as the recurve. 2213s w/feathers & 128 grain points fly like darts out of both bows.

I thought that the Wilson brothers owned Black Widow. They must have sold & retired????

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters