The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Minnesotans at work

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Minnesotans at work
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 07:49 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=38970
Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 08:56 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
"I thought it would go farther out!"

Yeah, you kinda forgot gravity. Er, I mean, Yah...

I was a bit concerned that if it held together at the base, the downward force would kick that bottom out and put most of the debris from just back of the base to a bit more fore of the direction of fall with 80% of it right there around the foundation. Pretty much what it did. Good thing he didn't slip and fall any worse than he did.

There was this one time - while coon hunting - that we ran a coon into an old house where it holed up inside the chimney. The guys I was hunting with found an even older ladder to climb onto the roof - a very poor roof. They asked me why I was videotaping that part and I told them it was so the ER doctor, or the coroner, could see exactly what happened.

[ February 05, 2013, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 09:02 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
So was that one of the pushers or the bumpers from the "crew" on the hammer? Maybe Timmy can chime in on this one, I'm sure he's knocked down a few silos in his day.
Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 11:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Minneesotans? Shit, seemed like they spoke english as a second language, so (obviously) I thought this happened in Europe somewhere. Is Minneesota that much of a time warp? Which is is Ole and Sven?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 11:20 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
Hard to be sure cause of all the dust but I think the guy with the sledge was Tim and the camera man was Bearhunter.
'Oh ya,Uff da'!!!!

Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 03:01 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah well, let me tell ya.. if I had the sledge in my hand, i wouldn't be hitting the silo [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 05:41 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like northern Mn. , Wisc. or even Canada...

Yeah I've taken a few down useing a excavator.. Most cases they come straight down just like the twin towers did and once in awhile you get one that slides to one side as it comes down simular to domeno's..

Bucks you could proably lift a sledge hammer but I doubt if your fat ass could swing it..
How are the bullets holding up?? I just got another 600 rounds in trade... [Smile]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 05:51 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Why the need to demolish silos? Okay, I'm a city slicker, but why not leave 'em alone?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 06:10 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
The concrete rots at the base of it and becomes a libility.. Most of the farmers that still feed cattle out have gone to cement bunkers or the plastic bag for storeing siledge...(less equipement, fewer hasles)

In my area you don't see too many farmers milking cows or feeding out cattle like you used to see and once the owner dies then the farm gets sold off seperate from the building site..

--------------------

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 06:11 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
does anyone here know what town the toothless one lives in??
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 06:35 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Bucks, did I hurt your little feelings???
Come on down but bring your own beer... [Big Grin]

--------------------

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 07:02 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
planning on it Tim [Wink]
you can send me a meeting place in a p.m??.
no on the beer, i'll have to drive home.
please contact me through Jamies site as this one does not have a p.m. feature

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 07:09 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No PM feature, as a favor to harmony. People write things in a PM they would never say, face to face. I realize it can be quite a hardship, especially in Minneesota. (just kidding, you know I was born there?)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 08:36 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Mankato, Just look my number up in the phone book and call anytime after 6:00..
Oh! Bring a friend or two... [Big Grin]

--------------------

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 10:43 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
People write things in a PM they would never say, face to face.
Gee, I hope that's not the case in this instance. Wishing you a pleasant trip, bearhunter
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2013 09:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....oh, I just "got it".

Mankato, I should have known! Used to hunt pheasants around that town with my dad and uncle, when I was like ten? Me and my trusty .410. Bolt action, no less. I think it was a J.C. Higgins? They were probably very popular around Mankato. I probably still have relatives there, they never move, do they?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: look him up in the phone book? Probably two thirds of the pages will be "Anderson".

[ February 06, 2013, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2013 11:19 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
If you put the middle initials of BS in the name, he's easier to find among the other Andersons.
Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2013 04:10 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
More like 2-4 pages Leonard.. [Wink]

--------------------

nd coyote killer
HUNTMASTER PRO STAFF
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2013 07:56 AM      Profile for nd coyote killer           Edit/Delete Post 
Just when i thought you had hit an all time low Tim you completely redeem yourself and take it another step lower. Way to go buddy i don't care what anyone says about you you are fucking special! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim" - Bear Claw

Posts: 385 | From: On a hill | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Knows what it's all about
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2013 10:25 AM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy on the sledgehammer is two things.

1.The epitomy of stupid.
2.He is one fast SOB.

That is the craziest/stupidest thing Ive ever seen!!!

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters