The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » If passed, Feinstein’s Gun Ban would: (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: If passed, Feinstein’s Gun Ban would:
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 06:46 AM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
If passed, Feinstein’s Gun Ban would:

*** Ban the sale, transfer, importation, and manufacturing of 120 specifically named rifles, shotguns and handguns!

*** Ban the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of ALL firearms with a detachable magazine and at least one "military characteristic" -- which could mean just about anything that makes a gun "look scary;"

*** Ban the sale, transfer, importation, and manufacturing of magazines holding more than 10 rounds;

*** Force owners of ALL "grandfathered" weapons to undergo an intrusive background check and fingerprinting -- treating law-abiding citizens like criminals;

*** Force owners of ALL "grandfathered" weapons to federally register their guns after obtaining a permission slip from local law enforcement showing their guns are not in violation of state or local law.

[ February 01, 2013, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 07:37 AM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not going to happen...

This time.

I don't think they have the power, but they are gaining.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 07:47 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
shoot for the moon and hope something sticks, and then next time around, do the same and just keep chipping away until they get the job done. That's how the government works. .....

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 08:44 AM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If passed, Feinstein’s Gun Ban would:
Create millions upon millions of illegal guns and gun criminals. Makes perfect sense to compound something that is already out of control. Victory by attrition!
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 09:35 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda agree with Cal,but I do believe something will get passed. They have spent too much political energy to not do 'something' . A mag capacity restriction wouldn't surprise me. I really fear the universal back ground check also. I fear it is a stepping stone to even stricter gov't controls in the future. Government involvement in psych areas is as scary as anything to me, after all, anyone who owns a gun is considered crazy by those in control now.

On another note, has there been any official release of info on the details of the conn. shooting? I have heard and read many conflicting reports. The details have been overshadowed by 'the agenda'.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 10:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, in response to the question posed by Geordie. You know, when you stop and think about it, the most transparent administration in history has been particularly secretive in most all aspects of information dissemination. And, when they do, they resort to the Friday afternoon dump so that as few people as possible see it and react to it.

Take the Benghazi deal. We have not heard from any of the rescue personnel or and of the embassy staff as to what they personally experienced. How is it, that all these people (apparently) are physically prevented from providing statements and being interviewed by the press? What the hell is that about? No information, no names. So, of course the bastards can say anything they want, without fear of contradiction. And, it's shameful that nobody in the media is asking these questions.

But, getting back to the school shooting. We should have a complete report on what happened and who did what, with what. Why don't we know EXACTLY what was used and what wasn't used? Why the airtight lid? Is it because they want to "spin" this thing without regard for inconvenient facts?

Seems to be the case.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31454 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 10:40 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently read on the Internet that NO assault weapon was used at Sandy hook. Two hand guns were the only guns found at the scene. A shotgun with a pistol grip was found in the trunk of shooter's car, but it had not been used in the shootings. Just like everything else in Obama land, the news report was different than the real facts. Accident? I don't think so.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 11:04 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/31221-update-state-police-confirm-weapons-used-in-newtown-shootings/

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 12:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
But, you know, they are still concealing something? If there were certain guns found on the premises and certain guns found in the asshole's car, why don't they just SPIT IT OUT? If a AR was at the school but not used, I guess that does not fit with the political agenda, therefore we will obscure and obfuscate, and conceal the actual facts. This will cause things to be confusing and contradictory, and the bastards are happy to do it.

Would it be too much to ask, of the police, did the asshole use handguns or a AR, or both? That does not seem to be a hard question to answer, but first somebody needs to ask the question. This is bullshit, while they debate "assault weapon bans and use the school shooting as an excuse, it would be damned helpful to know what was used and what was not used. Dead is dead, but not when they use the tragedy to enact Assault weapon bans if they were not the weapons used. Somebody is bullshitting somebody and it seems more and more that we don't get answers about anything from this pitiful administration.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 05:32 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone tell me what a 30clip mag is? How about what a 19clip Colt is? These idiotic statements have been MIS-USED at least 5 times this week by the same IDIOTS that are telling everyone "what we don't need for hunting and self protection". Yeah, the same ignorant sonabitches that said "we don't have time to read the whole bill", re: ohbamama health care. How can anyone depend on these same idiots to tell the truth about anything? I want to see if these same law makers and reporters can tie their own shoe laces before talking about anything concerning me or anyone else.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 06:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure, PP. Are you suggesting these elected officials don't know what's best for the rest of us? The fuckers sure THINK they do!

I get very upset when they release a poll that says 54% want stricter gun laws. But, they never release the actual wording of the question. You know that it is a perfected scientific discipline it wording a question to get the response you are looking for. It's mostly dishonest.

And, I strongly object to 54% of the people participating in a poll deciding what is best for the rest of us. You just cannot govern by subjecting 46% of the population to majority tyranny, without occasional bloodshed.

I am so sick of gun control bullshit. We either have a free country or we don't. If we don't, tell us about it so we can get on with it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 07:02 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not good. As long as these shootings continue to take place, all it does is supply the anti-gun crowd all the fuel they need to complete their agenda.

[ January 31, 2013, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 07:17 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
When the shootings at Sandy Creek were first reported at least one of the idiots reported that "a Bushmaster" mght have been used. So then the mis-information snowballed. Later that same day the medical examiner claimed to have picked up 223 brass in the halls. That statement was later recanted by whom i don't know. But msnbc, cnn and the other half wits refused to change their own made up stories, maybe to divert attention from hillerie and ohbamamas fuckup in Libya. I think stupid joe biden even said it was bushs fault? So who can we believe? I don't know, but as others say most everyday, i don't trust the lying coksuckers.

--------------------
mike

Frank
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2013 07:56 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Feinstein's gun control proposals aren’t getting to the root of the problem. This is why I can’t but help think that Jew bitch has an ulterior motive.
As we all know, the phenomena of mass murders in our schools is a modern, media driven event.

Let me give you an example:

I would like every movie, news story, sitcom (whatever) to show nonstop scenes of violence using a new method of killing ( I don’t really but just trying to make a point). Let’s say we show how you can take a fire extinguisher (available from most any apartment complex) and fill it with gasoline. You then demonstrate how to pressurize it so it will squirt gasoline. Show movies of how to do this to our children.

Scream about how to do this on the nightly news and make it part of every movie, sitcom, television show, or classroom discussion. We can even show how to do this on shows like Sesame Street, Dora cartoons, Sponge Bob and others. Make sure you get across the idea of how to use the gasoline method to kill your classmates.

With a little work we can get this idea into virtually every aspect of what our children see and hear. Let’s even have discussions about it in our classrooms. Let the teachers talk about this just like they try to discuss guns and how they can kill.
This is how you ingrain the idea of killing your classmates into our children (and into adults). You don’t need a gun to kill! You demonstrate how to go into a classroom and spray your classmates with gasoline. Light the fire and then go into the next classroom…..repeat until you have no more gasoline. This is a most horrible way to die, more horrible than getting shot which kills quick. In my opinion, horribly burned survivors are better off dead. There is no gun whatsoever involved yet our children could still learn to kill. You just have to teach them like the media teaches them about how to kill with a gun.

So do you see how the media can influence our children? Do you see how the non-stop, daily bombardment of our children and society with violent content can cause some to act out similarly?

You see, American freedoms aren’t the problem. It’s the abuse of those freedoms that allow movie producers, and the news media to parrot violence to our children (and adults). Some people (children even) “WILL” act out based on what they have learned and seen thru the media.

If that Jew bitch Feinstein wants to really address the problem of the modern phenomena of mass murders in our schools, she is going to have to attack her own kind in the movie business…..the purveyors of violence and death. She is going to have to attack the media at large and restrict their rights to broadcast any manner of deviancy and filth that they want.

Do you think for one moment she would actually do something that would work? Don’t hold your breath.

[ February 01, 2013, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 07:38 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Frank, you are the first person that I've ever heard talk about using gas and a fire extinguisher. I've always said to "take a H2O fire extinguisher..." Then I explain how welders use H2O fire extinguishers to put out class A fires that start up when welding and they like them because they are refillable and use water. I also you add in to throw a railroad flare when you are done spraying.

Hannity last night showed how MSNBC edited in heckles during one man's testimony. Check out these links:

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/29/emotional-father-of-sandy-hook-victim-heckled-by-gun-n uts/

http://twitchy.com/2013/01/29/outrageous-how-the-left-wing-media-lied-about-newto wn-hecklers/

Goto the second film clip with Megan Kelly.
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/30/msnbc-um-w e-cant-reach-a-conclusion-about-whether-the-sandy-hook-dad-was-heckled-or-not/

[ February 01, 2013, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Aznative ]

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 09:31 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I see 2 fronts in this war....firearms restriction, and ammunition restriction. I dont see many people commenting on the ammo restrictions, there are roughly 8 or so bills to be introduced here in Cali regarding ammo in some way...taxes, fees, background checks, eliminating internet purchases etc.

Same thing, if enough Dems introduce seperate bills odds are 1 or 2 will stick, seriously hampering us.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 11:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, about ammo. I have been made aware recently, because I hardly ever buy ammo from a brick and mortar retail store. But, the mail order firms have pretty much put local gun shops out of business. All that is left is Walmart and they caved in and no longer sell guns in CA. As far as what they display behind the locked glass case, well shit, I have more than that in my garage.

Since this latest scare, the shelves are empty, even at BassProshops. I don't think you can buy a 22lr anywhere around here, and I mean, for maybe 50 miles in any direction you care to travel.

The bastards are unrelenting, it's so discouraging. Dammit, I need to get out of this fucked up state!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: about maybe two years ago, a big sporting goods company I had never heard of bought a large business at our local mall. It is called Dick's. So, I stopped in, looked around and all I saw was ski stuff, spandex bike shorts and running gear. I asked a clerk, (since it was a new store) where the hell was the guns and ammo? I was told that they decided not to sell that stuff in California. So, there you go-no mail order and Dicks and Walmart no longer sell guns and they are working night and day to restrict "online" and mail order sales. Motherfukers!

[ February 01, 2013, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 12:57 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dicks is just a suckass version of Big 5.

I hope the ammo shit gets struck down in court if any of it gets passed. It didnt make it last time, a Fresno judge struck it down.

Yeah, we will be in trouble if we cant order online or mail or whatever, probly will extend to reloading components as well I assume.

Mark

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 01:40 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Just to add, I know we get laughed at because we live here and deal with with this shit as gun owners, but at this point it may spill over to some or all states if they have thier way.

Mark

[ February 01, 2013, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 02:05 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Around 1990 i placed my first order with Midway. They assigned me my customer number using my zip code plus a couple of zeros. Today i still order from Midway, and they use my zip code to help deliver my goods. So what ... Well they know where i live and if these Bans take effect i can be excluded from ordering what i want. We jokingly talk about you gents "behind enemy lines". Look on Gun Broker, lots of items say "NO Sales To California". That alone tells me the storm is coming.

--------------------
mike

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 02:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we are the butthole where they take the temperature of the whole country. Whatever is trendy in CA will soon be common everywhere. Sorry, but that's how it looks, from here.

Good hunting. Lima Brav 0

edit: yeah, PP and this silly little safety on my Seecamp proudly stamped on the slide: California Edition. Even though it added $50 to the price, it probably lessens my resale by quite a bit. By the way, me bitching about the $6 trigger lock made no difference. So now, I have a separate box on top of the safe just for trigger locks that will never be used. Need any?

[ February 01, 2013, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 02:43 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Liberals are just like Locust. They live in States like California, and New York for example, push there liberal bullshit agenda,next thing you know taxes go up the jobs start to disappear, then everybody starts sucking on the Government teat next thing you know the State goes belly up and people start leaving for Conservative States like Utah, Texas,and many others that have there houses in order,then they start all over again trying to push there liberal bullshit again. FREAKING LOCUST Wish someone would invent a "Liberal pesticide" so we could wipe the bastards out. lol

Good hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Frank
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 02:45 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
The media will spin and distort anything to put forth the message it wants. That's why the media has become the biggest danger to our freedoms........ The best way to defeat these people is to put media control back into the hands of the people..................

and, if they make ammo illegal in California I'll become a smuggler and get rich. Just like the Kennedy family did bootlegging during prohibition [Smile]

[ February 01, 2013, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

--------------------

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 02:46 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I can remember when Big 5 stocked S&W and Colt hand guns in Calif. They use to keep a decent selection on hand even with the cooling off period (10-14 days). Andrews Sporting Goods, now Turners(?) also had about anything i ever wanted related to firearms and reloading equip.
Dick's recently opened 3(?) stores in the Okla city area but i haven't been to any of them yet. I live in the country and do miss being able to compare products before buying. I should be happy that few restrictions if any are imposed on me except the appx 10% state sales tax.

--------------------
mike

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2013 03:04 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any Cabelas stores near you guys?
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters