The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Zero Dark Thirty (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Zero Dark Thirty
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 12:09 AM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I went and saw the movie Zero Dark Thirty today.
Is is about the hunt and killing of (lead belly) bin laden and al queerada or is it queda?
I had mixed feelings about going because of the controversies from everywhere about national secrets, pissing off the Mohammad-ba-hub-blub arabs, and ohbamama saying he killed him himself etc.
Anyways, the first 30 mins was slow, showing "Maya" the CIA operative most responsible for finding bin laden in hiding. Didn't mention President George Bush a single time. It showed one session of waterboarding and pretty much discounted the fact of who lead the casteration of of alquedas network and finally killing (lead belly) binladen. It made no mention of the Pakastani Dr who led Maya and the CIA to the compound where lead belly was killed.
I will rent the extended directors cut DVD when it is released, just to see how much was edited out so fewer would feel offended.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 12:32 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last movie that Holly-Weird came close to `getting right` Jeremiah Johnson??

The only way to watch movies anymore is to remind yourself constantly that Holly-Weird is the Public Relations arm of the Politically Correct Division of the Democratic Party.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 12:48 AM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
In Jeremiah Johnson they never made mention of his alias "Liver Eatin Johnson".It was given to him by the Crow indians.
Just few months ago i bought the new Blue Ray Edition of said movie. But it has been editited to remove words like gut eaters and squaws. This new version pisses me off for 20.00$ of gee whiz and gosh.

[ January 14, 2013, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Prune Picker ]

--------------------
mike

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 03:39 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
"Jeremiah Johnson" is one of my all time favorites, along with "The Sand Pebbles," "The Searchers," "To Kill a Mockinbird," "3:10 to Yuma," and "Saving Private Ryan."
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 05:17 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
49 Those are all great movies but you forgot Braveheart.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 05:29 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I just Googled `liver-eating johnson`. Interesting information.
The movie was on my mind because I just finished reading "Mountain Man" by Vardis Fisher. The book was the `inspiration` for the movie. Holly-Weird re-did quite a bit and added some more.

One other mountain man movie that was worth watching was `Man In The Wilderness`. Based on the happenings of Hugh Glass, one tough old S.O.B.

Another book that was `corrected` quite a bit before it went to film was the original Tarzan.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 07:46 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Another movie I feel worth mentioning is "The Wild Bunch". There is no way Hollywood would ever make a film like that again. I don't own the DVD but really like that film because of the time frame. It was right when the horse and buggy period was ending and the mechanized era beginning. It is almost as if people were living between two time periods. These guys were still cowboy outlaws but there were cars, 1911s, 1897 winchester pumps, and even machine guns.

That movie had an ending.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 08:09 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Tombstone, Tom Horn,True Grit(new version)
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 09:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The Searchers, one of my favorites and they have yet to do the politically correct version.

I really like Quinton Tarantino's films, especially Kill Bill vol.1 &2, Reservoir Dogs, & Pulp Fiction.

I like Platoon and Patton and Apocalypse Now. Yeah, The Wild Bunch is a good one, The Steve McQueen "The Getaway" is a great movie.

Lawrence Of Arabia, Quest For Fire, 1950-King Solomon's Mines, The Naked Prey.

Where Eagles Dare, also a good action movie.

Really, they just don't make 'em like they used to. The recent "Pearl Harbor" with computer generated Zero fighters and bombs just doesn't cut it for me.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 11:20 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Sort of surprising that nobody mentioned "The Shawshank Redemption". IMO, one of the best movies ever.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 11:20 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Man on fire, We were soldiers and the last of the dog men. All favorites
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 11:21 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Al, that doesn't surprise me...
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 11:51 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I like Platoon and Patton and Apocalypse
quote:
"The Shawshank Redemption".
quote:
Man on fire, We were soldiers and the last of the dog men.
+1

Also liked "The Eagle and the "Last legoin"

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 01:47 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The Searchers is the Best Of The Best, period!
"Shes been livin with a buck"

--------------------
mike

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 02:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
...and, That'll be the day!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 02:39 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"I wasn't at the surrender, I don't believe in surrenderin"

--------------------
mike

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 04:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Big Shoulders

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 04:33 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
And he who follows.......
"you speak purdy good americun for a comanch
someone teach ya"

I jumped the gun and forgot He who follows

[ January 14, 2013, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Prune Picker ]

--------------------
mike

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 04:40 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
"What do I have to spell it out for ya??"
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 05:03 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"could be this dodderin ole idiot knows sumpin"

--------------------
mike

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 05:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
......not so funny when you recollect what Noyecka means. Sort like, round about. Man says he's going one place, means to go'tother.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 05:34 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
what are ya today, ranger or preacher

--------------------
mike

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 05:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bequeath. Means "give".

What'dya mean, ya ain't got no kin?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 06:01 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
you ain't got cat ridges neither

--------------------
mike

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2013 06:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
She reads good. She was a school teacher, you know.

We've been going together since we were three years old. About time you found out about it.

"spit over that log"

[ January 14, 2013, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters