The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » USING DEAD KIDS (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: USING DEAD KIDS
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2012 09:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, whatever. But can we agree that this asshole is abusing his BULLY PULPIT?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/19/piers-morgan-gun-control-larry-pratt_n_2330948.html

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2012 10:18 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
I visited friends this afternoon, and when they went to Dick's and Best Buy this morning (they are next door to each other) some reporter was out front asking people what they thought of Dick's taking their AR's off the shelves.

I went down there this afternoon to get some Christmas shopping done. No AR's on Dick's shelves, and the 30 rd mags were also pulled.

I went into Best Buy, and they have tons of first person shooter video games on the shelves.

When are they getting pulled? I saw a quote today saying the kid was a 'gamer'.

First person shooter games desensitize our children to violence. The objective is to kill as many people as possible..kinda like what happened at the school. And if the player gets zapped, he gets regenerated or spawned and can recommence killing. Kids are taught that death isn't real, it isn't enduring, not as long as there is a 'reset'. What are the two possible outcomes in a first person shooter game? If you kill tons of people without getting killed, you get rewarded by going on the next mission or going to the next level. If you lose and get killed, you get reborn to kill again. The first time you get killed in one of those games, the game should self-destruct so it can't be played again. Maybe if they had to go fork out $40-50 every time they got killed they would understand how enduring death is, and that there are serious consequences attendant to it. Some kids out there can't differentiate reality from fantasy. Because they do it, and can do it, in a game, they think they can do it in real life. They don't get it that when you kill someone, you make'em dead forever. Some of them don't get it that killing lots of people isn't appropriate and isn't approved of.

I have a Constitutional right to own and possess a firearm. A specific Constitutional right. No such right exists to own or possess a first person shooter video game, yet it's the firearms that are being attacked while the games stay on the shelves.

That kid wasn't made in a day. He didn't get to the point where he was willing and able to murder his mother in her sleep and then go kill a bunch of children overnight. It took him a while to get to that state of mind, and I'll assert that playing those first person shooter games helped get him there. If something has to be banned after these events, then ban the first person shooter games before someone tries to ban or abridge my Constitutonaly protected right to own a firearm.

Where did the kid get the guns he used? I've seen a suggestion that he had tried to buy a gun and gotten turned down. His momma wasn't some young twenty-something with a young dude boyfriend. It is quite atypical for a female her age to go out and buy an AR. Same for a Glock 10mm, which isn't some pansy cartridge. Did she go out and buy these guns for the kid to use, especially after he'd been turned down when he tried to buy one himself? If she did, that would sound like a straw-man purchase to me. And if she was trying to get him put into a psychiatric facility, why didn't she have locks on those guns?

The only good to come out of these incidents is that most of the perps are committing suicide rather than being taken alive, sparing the survivors having to testify at trial and follow the endless appeals in a legal system that fails to deliver justice in a timely and effective fashion.

I don't think Obama was intending to try to pass more gun laws, but recent events have handed him the opportunity on a silver platter, and his supporters are clammoring for him to act.

And what of the media? When something like this happens, they broadcast it play by play, second by second, half the time getting the initial facts wrong, but in any event rewarding the perpetrator with sensational real-time media coverage. Mass murderers do not deserve celebrity status, and making a 3 week ongoing story out of an incident sends the wrong message. But then news media are for-profit enterprises, and the longer they can milk stories like this and sell extra papers or advertising, as far as they are concerned it helps their bottom line if events like this occur every week, and to hell with the victims.

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the death, particularly at this time of the year. Two officers were murdered in Kansas. It just seems like it never ends. I'm sick and tired of the gays and atheists getting belligerent and aggressive, too.

This isn't the country that I grew up in, and I don't like the way it's going. I'm getting old, and the more I see, the less I like. Frankly, I prefer my dog to most people.

[ December 19, 2012, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2012 10:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you could use a hug, big fella?

I agree with your concerns and also that the country is different than the one I grew up in. I don't remember exactly, but at some point I stopped leaving my keys in the ignition and the doors of my house unlocked.

I also agree that the mom made a big mistake. I heard on the news today while I was driving that her sister had an interview and said momma had visited 10 cities recently, looking for a school that would take junior because she either planned to move, or keep her house in Connecticut and buy another in the northwest or Canada.

As far as how secure her guns were, I have thought about it and we have been told that she was teaching the monster to shoot as one of the few subjects he responded to. I also heard that she had made statements to the effect that she was "losing Adam". So, this freak has been called a near genius. Is it possible he conned momma to unlock the hardware so they could go have a picnic and blast off a few hundred rounds? Momma did everything she could for the freak so she would have done this and let her guard down. And, at the same time, she had told a babysitter years ago: "Never turn your back on Adam". She apparently was shot in the face while laying in bed and when they broke down the door, it took considerable time to identify her because her face was blown to pieces. The kid was a friggin' monster.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS you are a cop, they won't take your guns away, will they? I mean, when you retire?

edit: you guys are lucky. Dick's Sporting Goods is new in California, probably less than two years ago. I went in there once when they first opened. No guns, no ammunition. Just stuff for jogging and bike riding, mostly lycra spandex clothing, about what you would expect in Kalifornia, The People's Republik.

[ December 19, 2012, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2012 10:44 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I've played some of those games off and on when I'm snowed in and also with my son.. I have'nt got the urge to go out and kill anyone yet..
Nothing like haveing a good dog around.....

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2012 10:49 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
PS you are a cop, they won't take your guns away, will they? I mean, when you retire?

May end up like the Brit.'s and have just a little stick to carry around..LOL

--------------------

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2012 01:26 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Leonard that guy needs to go back to his country if its so perfect and leave ours alone so we can fix it.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2012 05:33 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
Here we have 2 Senators of course but only one rep.Of the 3,only one Senator(Johnson)to worry about re a 'gun' vote but nevertheless all 3 have already heard from me.Something all here may want to consider doing.
Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2012 07:25 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Rich, you old varmint. I'd like to see that post where I supposedly said I never watch CNN. I watch them all at one time or another.

Appears to me that some people are so far right that they can't see the middle.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patterson
19.6 miles down the Yellow Brick Road from THE EMERALD CITY
Member # 3304

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2012 07:32 AM      Profile for Patterson   Email Patterson         Edit/Delete Post 
Great post Del Gue. I agree.

TA Ive played those games as well. But being able to comprehend that others in this world may not have the mental capacity of a tin can is important.

Posts: 236 | From: Kansas | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2012 08:53 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat the problem with todays kids is'nt some game or a action movie its the parents along with the teachers not teaching the kids right from wrong..
I've only seen one program or channel I don't like my son to watch and thats the MTV channel. They have a show on there where a group of guys go around seeing how much stupid shit they can do to themselves like pushing one down a big hill in a shopping cart and then letting go and just watching the guy in the cart slam into a car or barrior wall...

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2012 10:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, did you know that those idiots on MTV are big stars these days? One of my favorites was when this guy named Steve o was balancing on a rope and shitting into a bucket. Shopping cart, how about rolling golf carts.

The things people need today, to be entertained.I'm not a retro-man but you know what? There wasn't a lot wrong with the 50's, 60's and even the 70's. I think it had something to do with peaceniks and Viet Nam war protesters and flower children and acid and every other kind of dope. My generation weren't druggies, but liked to drink. Me? I never enjoyed throwing up and getting sick and the learning curve was steep. I did more drinking before I was 21 than since. I have not had a glass of wine since Thanksgiving. (nor anything else)

If anybody thinks what we have today is progress, I'm not sure. Yeah we have cell phones and YouTube, BFD.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2012 03:23 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
That scumbag Piers Morgan had Jeanne Assam on his show last night. For you guys that don't know of Jeanne, here is an article about her.

http://www.5280.com/magazine/2012/12/jeanne-assam-still-waiting

Basically, she was retired as an LEO and working security at the New Life Church in Colorado. The shooter came in the church and started unloading on people. Jeanne shot him dead.

On the POS Morgan show last night, he had let Jeanne tell her story. On the verge of tears, Jeanne related the events of her shooting, up until the point where she said she believed people should have the right to bear arms. Then Morgan cut her off, and she was no longer allowed to comment on the show.

Basically, Jeanne didn't say what Morgan wanted so he cut her off. What a hunk of manure..

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Duckdog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2012 05:25 PM      Profile for Duckdog           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...I think I figured it out.
CBN! I knew there was a Christian network of some kind.
Carry on... [Wink]

Posts: 205 | From: Ks | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2012 05:56 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Christian Broadcasting Network ? Pat Robertson was the host. It was one of the first and best conserative news sources on tv or sat tv. I usually watched the headlines being reported when i was home. I'm not sure it is still on the air though.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters