The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Dang!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dang!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2011 02:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My account was hacked last night and we somehow lost a couple members. I don't know how it happened but am working tirelessly to close the breach.

In the meantime, one or two have completely gone off the rails, accusing me of arbitrarily banning people right and left. This is not the case and I respect their right to express themselves in any way they see fit, here, as well as other places.

Believe me, free speech is alive and well on Huntmasters. As far as my awareness of a few negative things, I am very grateful to a few fair minded individuals. And, Lance; the only thing that surprises me a little, is your willingness to accept Tom's one sided explanation of how we got to the point where we are now.

Remember this, I have never requested or required ANYBODY to join me in any quarrel with anybody. Nobody can say, for instance, why I am no longer friends with one person, or another and specifically, I initiate no, (zero) campaigns against anybody.

All my relationships are personal. I do not devote long paragraphs aimed at condemning anybody and do not encourage anybody to join me in a fight against anybody. The reason is that I am confident in my convictions and do not need any buttkissers to join me in trashing anybody.

I wish others could say the same. But, we have a few drama queens, individuals that are engaged in hate and, believe it or not it's based on a LOYALTY issue. I have never done anything to some of these people but they seek approval from those they admire and manage to get completely irrational in their hate. I'd think it borders on GAY issues, but whatever, it's completely sick.

And, how these people find each other is beyond imagination? There are at least two individuals that have made up stories about me that are so stupid, you really have to wonder about their sanity?

Raw hate can do a lot and explains a lot about exactly what kind of human beings they are. If somebody at PM did something you didn't like, how many of us would hammer this individual for years, inserting it into their signature? Literally, for years, can't let go can't attain any peace. Any, what is it about? Who really knows? But it sure seems important to somebody. Somebody that is so filled with hate they can't see straight.

It's actually scary because I am now the focus of his hate and he could do almost anything. I'm concerned for myself and for him. He could actually flip out completely over trivial issues and blind loyalty. Again, kind of Gay, you know?

So, I guess yesterday was bloody Friday, some people, (a very few) are no longer with us, but I am doing my level best to correct the situation. I hope it's the end of it. We shall see? Bear with me, please.

I'm also working tirelessly to mend any broken bridges. If anyone has a question or concern, please don't hesitate to ask.

gh....lb
In the meantime, how about those Dodgers! And, what's this about a friggin' debt limit?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31447 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2011 03:58 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
" And, Lance; the only thing that surprises me a little, is your willingness to accept Tom's one sided explanation of how we got to the point where we are now."

Aside from the recent comments you've offered about your relationship with Rich, I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about. I have spent most of the past week at the hospital with my daughter who was taken to the ER Monday night and immediately isolated and admitted with meningitis. For three days, I spent all my time either at the hospital, asleep on the sofa in the family room, or making the 35-mile trek between there and here. In three days, I managed to gtet about 5 hours sleep, total. She came home Thursday late and our time has been spent caring for her as she is still not allowed to interact with other people because of isolation protocols.

Now, I have made one or two posts on various boards - all humerous in nature, and having nothing to do with anything happening here - to help alleviate some of the stress around here and give myself a break from worrying about my baby girl. As far as the situation with Tom, he is a friend of mine and the only information I have about the situation between you and him is what I was told many moons ago. I have enough drama in my life these days. I really don't have any need or desire to go around interjecting myself into others' drama, too.

Now, and with this, I will close, I just found out about Tyler Higgins getting into some trouble. Seeings as how I am ass deep in the same type of drama right now ith my own son, I unfortunately own a high degree of empathy for Rich's circumstances. And, as a friend of mine, he knows he has my support in whatever way I can help. References to that circumstance such as those made, I presume, by you in the past few days elicit the same type of response from me that Tim did when he chose to remark about my own son. With that said, I'll gladly let Rich fight his own fights while I quietly heed the advice of my mother when she once said, "If you have nothing nice to say,..." We all know the rest.

My daughter is recovering from what was nearly a life threatening illness according to her doctors. My son is looking at 3 months in jail. My mail route was taken away from me and what I'll be doing for a living in six months to keep a roof over my head and provide the basics for my family is a big-assed "?" right now. My point? Six months ago, I had a handle on my life. Today, not so much. That's life. And, life is way too short for this crap.

Sorry you got hacked, and sorry someone told you I either said or did something that I know nothing about. But, I really don't know what's going on here these days.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2011 04:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I could be petty and play the blame game. I had some gunsmithing services done a couple years ago. It was a poor job and I sent it to somebody else, rather than embarrassing the one that did the work in the first place. The cost of repair was prohibitive so I wound up selling it for a loss and never mentioned it, to anybody.

But, that's the kind of person I am. I'd rather have a friend than squabble over a bad job, but I learned a lesson and that is, keep a business relationship, just that.

I am of modest means, retired and on a very limited and fixed income. $450 dollars means a lot to me but the friendship is more important and I would have never mentioned it before and don't really want to identify the person involved, so he doesn't have to worry about that.

I only talk about it now to demonstrate that there are more important things in life and I hope this individual and I can remain friends in spite of the raw deal and the financial loss incurred. And, no one will ever hear from me who is responsible. That's what honor and integrity is all about. Life is too short to sweat the small shit.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2011 04:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Lance I was writing while you posted.

The only thing I meant was that I never burdened you with my personal problems but it sounded to me that you accepted Tom's version of events and seemed critical of my motivation and actions. And that, for whatever his reasons for sharing the information, you accept his account, which is the only account you will hear because I don't play that game.

However, it sounds like you have a tough road ahead with employment and your daughter's illness. Best of luck with that; and I didn't mean to upset you. If I did, I apologize.

gh....lb

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2011 07:48 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Not upset. Don't worry about it.

As far as Tom's account, I can't even recall what he told me happened, and if you found someplace where I was discussing this on the web recently, then you and I have both been hacked.

Tom has been a friend of mine for some time. Life and fate have put us in one another's company on a couple different occasions and given us the opportunity to share cold beers while we got to know one another. As such, he is a friend, as is Higgins, as is a host of others on this and many other sites with whom I have shared a stand.

Both inside and outside predator hunting, I find myself privileged to have many people confide in me the problems they have with others who I know as well as I know them. Any more, I just listen and let them vent. One too many times of offering my wife solutions led her to tell me to just listen and quit trying to fix everything. So, that's what I do. But, fact is, when I know both sides, in reality, for each person involved, their side of the story is their reality, whether the two are alike or not. And yes, every story has two sides. I've not held Tom's side of the story against you at all because, quite frankly, I can't remember all, the details. I make an honest effort to get along with everyone the best I can and not take sides in other guys' battles. To some, that may sound like I'm trying to play both sides to the middle. I'm not. Just trying to stay out of wars where I have no dog in the fight.

Having said all that, FWIW, it saddens me to see the ongoing battle here against my friends like Rich. I'm not comfortable seeing my friends being slandered and besmirched in a forum where they aren't allowed to defend themselves. I'm not gonna jump in your business or anyone else's, nor is it my place to tell anyone how to run their boards, but I will show my displeasure with the proceedings by not posting and thus, not encouraging more of the same.

Time for a story. I was the perfect child - complete and total opposite of my son. LOL Never caused my folks a lick of trouble. My grade school principal's name was Bill Ratliff. Always wore a plaid suit coat. Anyway, I was in the first grade when college kids started streaking. Several kids drew pictures of signs that said "Streaker Crossing" when I was in the first grade. I was there when the teachers discovered our art work laughing with everyone else. We all went to the Principal's office - the one and only time I ever got called to the office. Just as clear as if it happened yesterday, Mr Ratliff stood over me and told me that if others were doing something wrong and I was there and did nothing to stop them, I was just as guilty as they were because it was obvious that I condoned their behavior. Whether or not I agree with that philosophy forty years later is debatable, but it is a lesson that I have revisited often in my life and has compelled me on several occasions to look at what others were doing and how they were conducting themselves around me, then ask myself if I condone this type of behavior. When the answer was "no", it wasn't hard to decide that I had no business being there.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2011 08:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Having said all that, FWIW, it saddens me to see the ongoing battle here against my friends like Rich. I'm not comfortable seeing my friends being slandered and besmirched in a forum where they aren't allowed to defend themselves. I'm not gonna jump in your business or anyone else's, nor is it my place to tell anyone how to run their boards, but I will show my displeasure with the proceedings by not posting and thus, not encouraging more of the same.

That sounds fair, Lance. However, slandering and besmirching? Where do you come up with that? If you are referring to a statement I made, which was that the Higgins clan is well acquainted with the legal system, that was in reply to a previous statement by CCP who said the Scottsdale police never heard of Rich Higgins. It may have been cavalier on my part, but it's a matter of public record and furthermore, I didn't know any of that was a secret.

Also, you are quite right, I run this board the way I see fit and any errors and blames are mine alone.

When I have warned Higgins on a number of occasions that I didn't want him posting here, as a courtesy, I would think an honorable man would grant my wish.

Now, I have been told that this was intentional and he picked a fight with TA with the intent to get himself sanctioned and I have been told that all his buddies are back slapping him and congratulating him for accomplishing what he set out to do.

Now, perhaps my mistake was in not restricting his posting privileges a long time ago. As you agree, I am free to run this place as I see fit, but I honestly thought he was enough of a man to do what I asked without making a big deal over it.

It turns out, that's exactly what he wanted. It's all about Rich Higgins.

As far as your comment about poor Rich not being able to defend himself, that's pretty weak. He has several forums in which to slander and besmirch me and his gang seems to be doing a hell of a good job of it, as I understand? I am not whining about it, as he is doing, just pointing out that he is extremely adept at mud slinging, and I will tell you right now, every single bit of it are damned lies.

I am helpless. I don't have the posse he has assembled and consider it a fair fight, even stephen; me against them.

From my point of view, it makes everybody look bad, but hear me and hear me good: I didn't start this shit; he did, because it's all about Rich.

Good hunting. LB

[ July 30, 2011, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2011 09:54 AM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
Elbert Hubbard said....

Never explain- your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway..

Leonard..I think you have more friends than you realize.

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2011 10:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Why, thank you, Randy! That's very kind of you to say so, and I appreciate it very much.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2011 11:15 AM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
While I want touch this thing with a ten foot pole. A bout all a man can do is take responsibility for his on actions.
None of us are responsible for the actions of others.
(Elbert Hubbard) Not only wow bur SHAM WOW!!!
Never explain-your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you any way.
While I cant speak for any one but myself. After reading that line I feal personally stronger.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2011 04:38 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know what I missed, but great quote Randy.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2011 05:01 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Well!
I’m not a huge poster but I truly enjoy the few hunting forums in which I participate I have been a member of Huntmasters for many years and came to the site at the prompting of my good friend Rich Higgins. I have made numerous acquaintances and many friends through the site and the annual campouts. Leonard Bosinski is one of those friends. I t is very difficult for me to watch all this transpire.
It just sucks! And In my never to be humble opinion, is quite unnecessary. But such is life on the www.
I could go on but like I said I’m not much of a writer. Just a crying fucking shame!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2011 05:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Consider, Paul. You can remain friends with Higgins. You are still my friend. I would never expect you to decide who is right and who is not. The conflict is a purely personal one, and one that cannot be resolved, can't be repaired, it is what it is. I don't think it is anyone else's business and would just as soon it not be discussed here or anywhere else. I think it is particularly unfortunate that others have decided to make it some sort of crusade on what a bad guy I am. None of them can spell out my transgressions, other than treating poor old Higgins very badly. I gave him fair and numerous warning which he ignored so I deleted his account in exasperation. You would think I had him tarred and feathered and stole his wallet.

Whatever. He squawked like a bitch and now my name is mud. His posse would string me up without a trial and Dan would kick the chair out from under me. I understand that everybody is entitled to their own opinion and he can whine about the injustices heaped upon him forever if it makes him feel better.

I would like to get past it and forget the drama, but he seems to enjoy his victim status, as usual. It is, after all, all about Rich.

Rich, our worlds are separate, accept it and move on. I have, or I mean, I want to; but your posse is still stirring the shit and you could call a halt to it, if you were man enough?

End of rant, meltdown whatever they decide to call it?

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2011 06:02 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard
I felt it necessary to say something and it is certainly between you two. I am dissapointed but I will probably be many more times if I keep breating in and out. I dont feel a need to take sides and as you know I avoid dogpiles like the plague. Just did not want to come off as if nothing had taken place it was over for me before it started, out of my control as is most.Just dissapointed thats all.
Thanks
Paul

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2011 06:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Understood, Paul. Thank you. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2011 03:31 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, never have had a problem with you. In fact, I like the fact you let me air out some of the issues I have with the one idiot-member (a.k.a Tim Anderson) on this site. I've been too busy this summer to follow all that transpired or what caused this initial thread or some that seem to be related to it. Kind'a wish I would have seen where RH was giving TA a bad time. Anything that causes TA misery pretty much makes my day, but that's beside the point. Don't know RH but if he doesn't like TA he can't be all bad can he? [Wink] Overall I like this site. I've met a couple people through this site that I really respect and appreciate the friendships that have come from it. Anyway all this to say: Leonard thank you for your site and keep on, keeping on.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2011 05:03 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, sorry about the hacking situation. It takes a sorry s.o.b. to do that, possibly having too much time on his hands.

I don't really know you, but our conversation some time ago on the telephone was plenty to convince me you are a straight shooter. I do appreciate your site and all you are doing for all of us to have a place to share.

Good hunting at ya!

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2011 05:28 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
X2 Possum. when i joined about 6 months ago, i got a purdy cold greeting. took awhile for me to except that this forum was a true open forum and i guess i've come to appreciate that. keep on keepin on LB. sounds like what happened is outta your control.
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2011 08:09 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard is a good man, I don't care what the possom said. [Wink]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2011 09:40 AM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Possumal do you live in Kentucky? And if so any where near Pike Ville? My son moved there about two weeks ago.
And as a bit of a side bar is there a good chance the camp out will be in Nevada after all?
And where is every one out fishing?

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2011 04:53 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
"Leonard is a good man, I don't care what the possom said."

Durn you Rich Cronk, you cantankerous rascal,there you go calling me funny marsupial names again. It is POSSUMAL, your prehensile tailed pal. [Smile]

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Possumal
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2011 04:56 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Cayotaytalker: I do live in Kentucky, but in Nicholasville, about 10 miles from Lexington, home of the Big Blue. I have been through Pikeville many times when I was younger. Good people up there in that part of the state.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2011 06:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't believe what you hear, Leonard is a good man and I can prove it.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2011 07:42 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"POSSUMAL, your prehensile tailed pal." Woops, my bad. POSSOM ALL. [Cool]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters