The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Paranormal TV Shows (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Paranormal TV Shows
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2011 07:37 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Are so stupid! My sister and her boyfriend watch that crap all the time and my kids love to watch them sometimes too. Blah! Ghost shmost...
IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2011 07:39 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Then don't watch them.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2011 08:01 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody catching these new bigfoot shows on Monster Quest?
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2011 09:24 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog, thanks... I don't watch them but I walk into the room every once in a while and the kids are watching them and freaking out. Is it real dad? Is it real?

Bigfoot? Now that's something I can believe in [Smile]

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2011 09:43 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bigfoot? Now that's something I can believe in
I believe Kirby huffed one of them in a hole a few years back. [Wink]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2011 09:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It ain't pretty. Brace yourself!

-

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 06:57 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Rosie's such a homo... A bigfooted one.

Huffing holes.. Lol. That was funny stuff.

Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 07:20 AM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
When I read the title of this thread about paranormal TV shows, I thought it was about hunting shows on televsion.

[ June 25, 2011, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Okanagan ]

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 07:32 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda like "Haunted Collector" ... [Smile]
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 11:33 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, that old man just uses the paranormal investigator schtick as a way to get into your house, finds something he wants to take, and convinces the owner that the object is responsible for their problems so they'll ask him to take it. Then, he takes it home and puts it under glass. What bullshit. In the same show this past week, the entity they were investigating in Pueblo apparently went through solid walls and, yes, glass to start that old engine. Jay and Grant, at least, come at it from the angle that their intent is to debunk claims rather than steal your stuff. LOL

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 12:54 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Big foot nut here.I guess it go's back to the 70's and a movie name of "The Legend of Boggy Creek" And a place name of Faulk Arkansas and the Faulk Monster.
I will watch a big foot movie if I'm flipping channels and catch one on.
Not sure way but I'm a bit of a crack head for Monster Quest.
They never find any thing,and I do not expect them to. But I do like to see some of the high tech toys they have on a few of the shows.
They don't seam to show The Monster Quest that much any more.
But it seams it all got started a few years back with a show with a hot blonde chick going all over the USA in a mobile home,chasing big foot.
I saw the one just the other day where they were looking for big foot in BC.

Not in to the paranormal stuff.

And have never been in to must see TV.

That might be way I watch alot of History Channel.
And for the record,just be cause I will watch Monster Quset does not mean I think any of it is real.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 01:23 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
When my step mom died and I had to explain to my then 12 year old son about life and death, he didn't seem to be buying into the whole everlasting life at the knee of God thing so I went to the science side which he seemed to grasp a little better. I told him, as I do somewhat believe, that energy can neither be created or destroyed and that what we know as "life" is, to me, more than a series of complex chemical reactions and is, in fact, an energy that, when we die, has to continue to exists somewhere. Where? We don't know. Heaven? A convenient story to allay our anxieties over what happens to us when we check out. In any event, I saw strange things happen repeatedly and in the same way time and again in our old house which was 120 years old when we moved out and those occurrences really got you to thinking.

On the Bigfoot, or unknown monsters, I often recall one of the first Stephen King stories I ever read where this guy was lost in the North woods being chased by something he couldn't see. King made the point in this story that there are sounds we cannot hear in this world because our ears cannot pick them up, and that there may very well be organisms we cannot see because they are of a coloration or a composition that is beyond the ability of our eyes to see them. I wonder if there is anything out there that we cannot see that could do us harm if it so chose?

--------------------

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 02:12 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not much into ghosts but I don't doubt they exist. Being a believer in God, angels and the devil, nothing is out of the question...

Now bigfoot is another story. We have a guy here who owns a music store, he is a believer and even has a web site dedicated to finding bigfoot. The discovery channel came and paid him a visit, did a show and never found him.

But while they were here, a guy that works for a friend of mine (and is injun) got in on the documentery. He told the stories that had been passed down to him by his ancestors. Took em out looking for it, smelled something and saw a black object off in the distance, turned out to be a cow. Maybe some of ya'll seen the show, anyway he got paid serious money for guiding up a cow.

I have another friend that saw something, he lived with his wife and baby daughter in an old ranch house close to Centrahoma in exchange for feeding cattle and a little ranch work

One night he was chopping wood for his stove and his horse went crazy. He had a pit bull that was nothing short of viscous with him and the dog started looking off in the woods. He could see by the yard light and then something big and dark colored stepped over the fence and looked at him.

He sicked his dog on it but the dog was already under the porch and wouldn't come out. It crossed the lot, stepped over and vanished in the dark.

Long story short, whatever it was stayed around his house that night and he moved the next day. I've heard the story when he was sober and drunk, never a word changed. His wife heard something that night and was scared to death of that place. It was pretty evident he saw something but what I don't know.

So since we can't pick on the fuzz, let's tell ghost stories. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 02:37 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Let's just say when it comes to ghosts and religion, I'm agnostic.

Aliens and bigfoots and yeti's are REAL!

Cayotaytalker
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 04:19 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom64.I saw that show but I don't think that they let on that the black object was a cow.
I get out into some wild country here in Nevada at night and must say a guy can start to see a few odd shapes in the darkness.Or get that over powering urge to look back over his shoulder.
But I have done some calling at night in some country that I have seen some lion sign in.
But I have never saw a UFO are any thing like that.I did get scared by some wild horses one night that ran up on the side of the quad I was on be for they turned back that was at night.
That's about it for me.

--------------------

tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 04:46 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
I had two instances after my dad died which were the closest things to parnormal activity that I have encountered.

The first was when I was flyfishing for steelhead one summer evening. I had never caught one on the fly and had just started flyfishing in earnest that summer. I felt something out of the ordinary and turned around. There was a man walking his dog, that looked exactly like my dad and our old brittany spaniel. I waved, and he waved back. That very next cast I hooked a steelhead. I turned around right after the hookset and the guy was gone. I landed a beautiful fish and never could get it out of my mind that I had just seen my dad.

The second was when my alarm had not gone off after studying late into the night for an important final in college. Growing up, my dad would wake me by whispering my name from the door of my room for our early morning hunts or fishing trips. That morning I heard him calling my name and woke up with a rush. I made it to my final just in time.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 05:00 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Not much scares me, but, a few times I have been out hunting at night and spooked roosting turkeys. Them sum bitches make a hell of a racket flying through and into every tree in the vicinity. In the dead of the night, that'll get your blood pumpin'.
CCP
Member # 913

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 05:20 PM      Profile for CCP   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A covey of quail and a electric fence at night will do it every time for me. [Eek!]
Posts: 117 | From: SouthEastern united states | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 07:56 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
I never told anyone but I am a believer,
I been getting seduced and raped by the ghost of Marilyn Monroe in my sleep for many years .
my wife tells me i should call one of them investigates, I tell her I should sleep on before making any decision.

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 08:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember one time many years ago, can't even hunt, where we were, now days.

So we were out busting cottontails and valley quail, had vests so we just kept walking.

We didn't get back to the vehicle until well past dark and somebody slammed a door and all hell broke loose. We had parked between some good sized pinion pines and every one of them erupted with beating wings in every direction. I would guess we flushed a couple hundred quail and it scared the hell out of me, you can believe that!

I've been daydreaming about Michelle Bachman lately. Prefer brunettes. I'm a sucker for smart conservatives.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 08:56 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Cayotaytalker, Fouke, AR. About an hour drive north of here. Small wide spot in the road. That was a big story around there years back. They have routed an Interstate around it now and I don't go through there any more. Before the interstate, all traffic from Shreveport to Texarkana, via Hwy 71 went through there. There was a store in town that had a mural of the creature on the wall.
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2011 07:48 AM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that name and that town Fouke but I guess I have always thought the name was Falk.
That must of been how I came up with Falk monster.
I was young when the movie came out. Still lived at home so life was easy and fun.
I don't think I have been to far past Lake Texoma. I guess your part of the world must look just about the same.
My buddy had an old dog that would go every where we went. That old dog would just run along with us,as we would roll a long on our sting ray bikes.
We soon had motorcycles and would haul the dog on our gas tank.
We were camping on some farm pound one night. when something came crashing through the weeds on it's way into camp, man was I glad it was just that old dog. Of course that was not all that long after seeing the movie.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2011 10:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched something about bigfoot last night. Shit, found out it was two hours, so I went to bed after the first one. Kinda, <yawn>

But, I agree, there are some spooky things in the remote woods, at night.

I was joy riding a jeep along a powerline road in the Okifanoke. Actually, it was on Eglin AFB. ( know that ain't right, but it's the best I can do) I got stuck. First and only time I have ever been high centered by tree branches. Well past midnight, I don't think there was a moon.

I had to walk back to the crypto hut and steal a deuce and a half with a winch. This was not easy, it was in the middle of three landing strips.

So, for more than ten miles, (hell, it could have been twenty?) I drove one vehicle and leapfrogged the other, then walked back and did it again, and again and again.

The woods were impenetrable on both sides and it was spooky and there were sounds, but I just didn't want to get caught, forget the spooks. Nobody ever found out, so don't tell anybody; it's your word against mine, and everybody knows what a liar I am.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2011 10:57 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of having a strange feeling and a need to look over your shoulder.........I was sitting in a small bush at the top edge of a drainage lightly blowing a hand call down the drainage and towards a wooded bottom when the hair stood up on the back of my neck, I stopped calling and sat still for a few moments when I had an urge to look over my shoulder which was usually unneeded as the farm house was maybe a 100yds over the hill behind me.

I turned slowly and locked eyes with a 100+ lbs Rottweiler standing no more than 15 feet behind me, as we stared at each other I saw him bristle up, I don't think he was totally sure what the hell I was, not sure if he was scared, pissed or both. I slowly swung my rifle around and prepared to stick the muzzle of my 22-250 in his chest and jerk the trigger as he was taking his first bite from the side of my face, just then he let out a strange little huff sound and turned and walked away. Wheeeew!!!

I don't know about bigfoots and ghosts and whatnot, maybe they exist maybe not, I think not, but one thing I do know is that I would take a ghost or a damn bigfoot over a Rottweiler any day, I have never heard of someone getting there face removed by a bigfoot......have you?

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2011 11:14 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I was on a stand, and had my Airedale with me. Ended up calling in about 5 Dogs, not coyotes. I thought it might get ugly real quick, fast, and in a hurry, but luckily, didn't.

Can't say I've ever seen a bigfoot, or ghost. I have had those dern roosting turkeys scare that crap out of me though.

About the most edgy I think I've gotten was Bow hunting bear in Canada. Leaving the tree stand over bait, after dark, especially after hearing wolves did get my dander up a couple of nights. Only carrying a Bow, and sharp sticks, and waiting by the road for my ride to come pick me up on the way back was interesting.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters