The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Flood (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Flood
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2011 07:17 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of the Red River. When I was stationed up at Grand forks it seemed that every spring the banks would over flow in Grand forks and we would send troops from the base into town to help with the sand bagging... They thanked us every year by comeing out to the base gates and protesting our presence and the nukes we watched over... [Roll Eyes] [Confused]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2011 08:33 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
We had a big thunder storm move through here tonite that caused quite a lot of damage. We got word that because of heavy rains up-river, they may need to open the flood gates of the missouri river dams even more. That's all we need.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2011 08:46 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
My youngest daughter snapped this pic from I-80 near York, NE today.
 -

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2011 08:50 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Here you see her lifting a large colorado rock near Estes Park.
 -

--------------------

Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2011 01:39 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures, Rich. The one of that storm is scary. Glad to see the daughter is plenty strong.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2011 02:33 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
had to make a trip to Minot afterall. got both bro and sis moved out. also a few neighbors. it's to easy wathching this stuff on T.V. and dismiss the shear amout of grief this is gonna cause. sad to see them walk away from an empty home knowing that all thev'e worked for will be gone in a few days. it's been a damn sobering day for me today
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2011 07:41 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
The river level is now at 34.5 feet in this area. Flood gates will be opened to 160,000 CFS tomorrow, which they predict will raise our river level another 4".

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 03:49 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Cronk,

Are you staying dry?

Coming north from Springfield to KC, MO Wednesday afternoon illustrated how fickle Mother Nature is this year. Within an hour of us, Joplin is in pieces. Just north of us, flood waters are at record highs. At Truman Reservoir, water levels are lower than I've ever seen them. Whereas the lake is known for its abundant treetop snags piercing the water's surface everywhere, at present, there are no snags or tips. The actual trees, as well as the islands of mud they're anchored in are clearly visible. Boat ramps bottom out a hundred yards from the water's edge. I'm guessing the lake is ~25-30' below conservation pool right now.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 03:57 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
We are still dry right now, but some area's closer to the river have been flooded by the ground water seepage. The latest concern for me is a levee break twenty miles up-river. Water runs down hill in this area.

--------------------

tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2011 04:50 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, almost every reservoir has been pulled down to near record lows hear in Washington as well. Because of the record snowpack, and anticipation of warmer weather, they need all the room they can get if it starts melting in a hurry. I imagine they are doing the same thing in yor neck of the woods?

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2011 01:22 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
had to make ANOTHER trip to Minot. they raised the crest another 3 feet so my brother got evacuated also. the first trip we just moved his stuff up to the main floor. i was about 150 miles into the trip when he called and said that a shit load of strangers showed up and helped him move and he was all done!!. sisters house is a gonner. water upto the roof [Frown]
well i had my rifle,calls and bedding so i figgered i was that far, might as well go a bit farther and kill coyotes [Big Grin] . shot 4 on sat. morning. used only mouth calls. (foxpro batteryies were dead).
 -
 -

[ June 26, 2011, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2011 12:15 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Just yesterday a Sheriff deputy spotted a guy floating down I-29 in a small boat. The deputy waited down-stream where the pavement was dry, and gave the guy a few tickets. Just further proof that you can't fix stupid.

--------------------

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2011 02:58 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing you're refering to the cop as being stupid, last I checked floating in a boat was still legal.

Hope all is well Rich.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2011 08:17 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
JD,
Normally it would be legal, but all of these flood waters are now considered the Missouri river. The Federal Government has banned all boats from the river.

--------------------

nd coyote killer
HUNTMASTER PRO STAFF
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2011 10:10 PM      Profile for nd coyote killer           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich been there done that man keep your chin up it's all replaceble as long as you get out alive.

Tim you just ruined one of the better movies ever with your comments and by the way if you boys when you were helping in Grand Forks would have stayed away from the Jail bait you probably would have been a lot more appreciated watch your tongue!

--------------------
"Sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim" - Bear Claw

Posts: 385 | From: On a hill | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2011 10:14 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tim you just ruined one of the better movies ever
What movie was that??? Would'nt of been so good if they filmed what else went on afterwards..

As for the minors only seen or heard of it happening twice while i was there. Both times the girls had there older sisters I.D...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters