The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » A Cop's Perspective (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: A Cop's Perspective
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 02:56 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
you old farts have forgotten the sexiest women ever in music. hell, she still looks great and she's like,like... Leonards age [Eek!]
 -

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 03:35 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
4949, Don't you think the first questions asked by a Prosecuter to someone such as yourself would be:

1. Do you think the procedure was the best procedure based on your understanding of the facts?

2. If yes, than do you think the procedure was executed properly?

3. Is it your opinion that the execution of the procedure was flawed, and that proper execution of the procedure may have prevented the death of the decedent?

You have stated that the execution was flawed. Why do you blame us lowly inexperienced citizens of convicting these guys of not doing their job, when you have stated the same thing?

It's not much of a jump to say that the suspect had a good chance of being alive today if the search warrant was executed correctly.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 03:43 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Tlb, I do think the execution was flawed to an extent. What I don't know is if the brass who approved the decision to use a SWAT team made a poor decision or not. The reason I don't know this is because I was not present when the decision was made, thus I am not privy to all the facts behind the reasoning that went into this decision.

Edit: I will say this much...perhaps the use of a SWAT team contributed to the man's death.

OR...perhaps the use of a SWAT team saved the lives of a couple of detectives who would have knocked on that door.

We will never know.

[ June 14, 2011, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 04:33 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to you stating that they were milling aroung the opening and unaware? I can't remember the exact phrasing, but it had the same meaning.

Your answers are getting more beauracratic as we go. I liked the straight-forward 49.

--------------------

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 05:50 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I meant tlb. Their approach and tactics were horrible. I know you don't like cop forums, but I even said this on the coptalk forum of Glocktalk. If the deceased had tried it, he could have mowed down 2 or 5 cops as they were standing in front of that door bunched up.
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 06:04 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got this. The Pima Couty DA's office has cleared the SWAT team in its use of deadly force. One of the deciding factors was damage sustained to the rifle:

"A close examination of the rifle revealed it appeared to have been damaged by being fired upon from such an angle that it must have been pointed toward officers."

http://www.kgun9.com/story/14901255/pima-county-attorney-sides-with-swat?redirected=tr ue

[ June 14, 2011, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 06:05 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_3f13aacb-4bba-5d0c-a4bc-623bf465e9a5.html

quote:
close examination of the AR-15 rifle Guerena was holding at the time he was shot revealed that the bullet damage was done at an angle that indicated Guerena was pointing it at the officers, Berkman wrote in the letter.

[ June 14, 2011, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 06:19 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
"Officer Garcia was the first to shoot after "fearing for his life," Berkman said in his findings, and that first shot produced a muzzle flash that other officers thought was a muzzle flash coming in the opposite direction.

What a sorry excuse for professinally trained SWAT. One stupid asshole fell down, the rest of the stupid assholes don't even know who the hell was shooting.

IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 07:08 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Cop's perspective rhymes with contraceptives... Sorta... I like donuts too.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 07:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is logical to take what they tell us and analyze it. Since it's not possible to know WHICH of those 71 rounds struck the turd's rifle; it is possible that the gun was not pointed towards the front door until the death squad had fired 3, or maybe 10 rounds, at which time, accidentally or purposefully, it was then pointed at the direction from which he was receiving fire.

In other words, bullshit.

A man can be holding a weapon and pointing it towards the wall and as he is hosed down, the rifle could somehow be moved by the butt-stock or forearm and swing forward and be struck.

Today, at the range, there was just me and one other guy, who was testing tricked out M4's and M16s, before shipping them. He's a dealer. I emptied a mag on full auto, not even three round bursts. I asked him and he said yeah, the police are buying these things.

Funny, all this time I thought they were using semi auto versions. But, they mean business and when they serve a warrant, you better hope to god you are already sprawled on the ground spread eagle or you can kiss your ass good bye.

gh....lb

PS he was using stripper clips of a green tipped bullet and he said they were 63 grain.

Oh, they were buying suppressors, too.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 07:41 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
So that's what you've been waiting for 49?

In light of this overwhelming evidence I have to ask the obvious question.......was anyone surprised that the murder victim was carrying/holding his rifle with the muzzle forward as some unknown people kicked his door down?

I suppose we should blame the marine corps for training him to be a cold blooded killer, otherwise I'm sure he would've been carrying that AR with the muzzle pointing at himself.

I suppose we can assume that he was a mid to high level drug king pin with some training on how to carry a rifle in an aggressive manner.

Surely if he were an innocent civilian he would have had the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.

K-rist!!!! What a freakin insult to all of us!!!

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 09:09 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's what I meant tlb. Their approach and tactics were horrible. I know you don't like cop forums, but I even said this on the coptalk forum of Glocktalk. If the deceased had tried it, he could have mowed down 2 or 5 cops as they were standing in front of that door bunched up.

And thats what I'm getting at. He might not have died if they would have busted the door, maintained cover, peeked in like they are trained to do, and ordered him to drop his weapon.

--------------------

tlbradford
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 09:13 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
And I don't mind cop forums. I just don't visit many forums due to a lack of time. I have this one and another in my home state that I spend time on. I find legal arguements pretty fascinating actually. I don't hate law enforcement either, just abuse of power. I think their peers should be the first to call them out on doing something wrong. LEO's do countless good things that vastly outweigh the bad. If we listed everythingand discussed it, it would be about the same ratio of praise to conviction. However that isn't what we have done on huntmasters, thus your skewed opinion on the membership.

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 09:19 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Mark me down for having a gun pointed at anyone that enters my home whilst knocking the door down. If it happens to be a SWAT team and they don't announce themselves, I hope they're trained to leap over a dead lead man without tripping. No shit. Shoot first, ask questions later seems to be a running theme with the po- lice. Might as well take their lead.
I guess all Americans are gonna have to install security cameras WITH SOUND so when Big Brother comes to huff and puff and blow our doors down, we'll know if it's Rollo coming to get his "loan" payment or SWAT coming to get some trigger time in.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2011 09:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if we have a collective attitude here on HM? It seems to me that America isn't quite a police state, yet. The police very much need to be controlled. That power can go to their head and pretty soon here come the "us versus them" mentality.

I am not okay with police sending in SWAT teams when they know the wife is home and apparently there are children in the house.

Look, I said a long time ago, this case stinks. Little by little they leak stuff that is supposed to support that killing that guy was the right thing to do.

I'm sorry, but telling us that the rifle has damage proving it was pointed at the door is a stupid whitewash. A transparent whitewash by the Sheriff's department. Yeah, talk about an organization that doesn't have a dog in this fight.

People are not going to put up with stuff like this. As far as I'm concerned, they do not get the benefit of the doubt. The civilian gets the benefit of the doubt. That's just the way it is. We have to put a stop to full auto SWAT teams serving search warrants. This shit is getting out of hand.

Come on folks, this is not cop bashing. These are legit issues.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2011 03:00 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So that's what you've been waiting for 49?

Like I have been saying for I don't know how many posts, I am "waiting" for the helmet cams.

This is just another piece of information for us to ponder.

Carry on.

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2011 05:23 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
If the one piece of evidence that vindicates the police in a shooting is that the cop's bullets hit your gun, after 71 shots, in a certain way, something ain't right.

The fact that 71 shots were fired is ludicrous. The fact that he never fired a shot is ludicrous. The fact that all documents are sealed on the warrants is ludicrous. The whole thing is ludicrous, just, ludicrous. And ludicrous.

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2011 06:01 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I have more questions.

If this was a search warrant, why didn't the 'manslaughter-ers' wait until the guy wasn't home to serve it?
Wouldn't that have eliminated any potential of a gunfight with the, now dead, United States Marine? (I don't agree with the term "decedent", too de-humanizing).

Also, WHAT IF this US Marine was an active duty Police Officer? Would the 'manslaughter-er' (SWAT) team still shoot first & ask questions later, knowing it was a fellow cop in that house?

More importantly, would there even BE a SWAT team serving the warrant against a fellow cop?

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2011 06:12 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, growing up & watching them on TV, Louise was my favorite Mandrell sister...
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2011 07:26 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Nick, I regret calling you an asshole, my apology. As mentioned in my previous post the long arm of the law spooks me.

Also as mentioned, I don't use a screen name, thus I'm hesitant to mention certain things, because, I admit that I'm kinda scared.

I have a story I would love to share, but I wont. Lets just say it has a lot to do with the power of the badge. And those of us that dont have one..

For the record, I'm not a felon, wife beater or whatever. Hell I think my last speeding ticket was 25 years ago ?

I just see where some folks, let the badge go to their head, thus some of the anti-leo attitude a guy see's here. Pumping a guy with 70 rounds or whatever was bull-shit, there is no excuse..Period...

Again its getting spooky....

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2011 07:29 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
"I just don't understand it, Lapidas." Bashes palm on water cooler, causing bubbles to rise. "They keep thinkin' all us cops is crooked. What can I do to change their minds? Nothins workin and I ain't slept a wink in days!"

"Listen, Carbonne, YOU, ain't gonna change 'em. Do what I do, when they don't follow your DIRECT orders to change their minds. Shoot 'em! And then, take out your "plant" piece and nuzzle it in their hand. Hearts and minds Carbonne, hearts and minds. One at a time, right. I killed 12 guys last week that didn't agree with me. Made it look like a gang banger squabble gone bad. Real quick, real easy."

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2011 09:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That seems to rise to the level of COP BASHING, smithers. A dozen? Really?

gh....lb

edit: whichever Mandrell is the trap shooter, would be my favorite.

[ June 15, 2011, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2011 09:24 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I'm a citizen. It's the cops job to bash me with sticks, boots, bullets and possibly their car if they are feeling lazy. I don't bash them, I'd be arrested.

Yea, I was gonna go for a bakers dozen but it didn't sound as believable...

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2011 10:04 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I would think we will never see the helmet cam footage. The investigation is over, though the coverup will continue.

All that it takes for evil to triumph, is a good man to do nothing...

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2011 10:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
ooh, that sounds like a "signal" for someone else to weigh in with long overdue concessions? [Smile]

What if they claim; "uh, we forgot to turn on our helmut cams" then, of course, everything that happened was justified.

I think we need to get away from: WE SHOT HIM BECAUSE HE WAS ABOUT TO SHOOT US.

Somebody needs to start asking a few hard questions, like who planned this clusterfuck, and why?

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters