The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Question (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Question
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 03:47 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Question for the law men on HM. Since it is too hot and windy to do anything but reload and I am about tired of waiting on powder to fall down the neck of 204 brass.
The other day as I left the house to go pick up a new 1911, I noticed the tail rotor of a black helo sticking out from the trees. Sneaky rascals… As always I changed vehicles twice, ditched the ride and slipped in the backdoor of the gun shop. They did the paper work and I paid for the pistol all legal like.
My question is what will most law officers do if and when they are ordered to come get my new 1911 and my AR’s along with everyone else that is on the books? I acknowledge there is a us and them mentality.
I assume before that happens there would be some sort of federal mandate requiring all folks to turn em in, and if they didn’t they would be suspected felons overnight.
What % of the GT crew will stay them.
Kelly

PS - bck to reloading...got to be ready...Zombies and all.

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 04:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, that when push comes to shove, most, if not all of those guys used to following orders every day will continue to do so. I would not count on police to refuse unlawful orders. They will take you down or subdue you just like you were a mass murderer.

If records show that you have purchased 6 "weapons" and they can only find five in their search, you will be arrested. Hey, I thought they were supposed to destroy those applications? Dream on!

Anyway, if you are a holdout, you will be SWATTED. Anybody that doesn't march down to headquarters and stand in line, or doesn't have the fee required for processing your weapons into melted iron will be dealt with swiftly and severely.

gh/lb

edit: reference Australia for history

edit: congrats on the 1911, I am far from a Glock fan

[ June 08, 2011, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 04:29 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Glock fan here. I am hoping to pick up a 10mm by the end of the year.

KJ, this question has come up more than a few times over on glocktalk, in the coptalk forum especially. While no one will admit on a gun forum that they would seize weapons, there would be some that no doubt would. However, my opinion is that there are plenty of cops out there who are in favor of people owning guns. Plenty of hunters, shooters, etc.

Lt: "Where are all the guns 49?"

49: "I don't know sir, they must have sold them all."

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 04:46 PM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
See all this stuff I am spewing out and LB won't budge on his opinion of cops. I QUITE.

I am with 49, most would not go there and participate. ONE major problem, they just don't have the manpower to start such an endeavor even if ALL the cops came together.

Oh there would be a small team or two. Problem is it would take them for ever to complete the task at hand.

WE out number to poor cops 50 to 1. The military would have to step in to get the door to door stuff done in a fairly short time.

Two hundred plus years of folks owning guns, it's going to take sometime to figure out where they are or WHERE they went.

I have a glock 23, love it!!!

[ June 08, 2011, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Ken ]

--------------------
I am 5'10",an asshole 220% for sure. Former dirty deed doer for PM. Corrupt too! My name is Festus.

Posts: 281 | From: High Desert | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:06 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that I'm with Matt 'n Festus, on this one... [Big Grin]

Not that I don't think about it though.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:06 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess all the fuzz around here likes plastic toys. I like a good trigger so I'll pass on the "accidental discharge leaders of the world" for my 1911's.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:08 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a Glock about a year ago. The typical turn-in type, minus the jelly donuts and powder sugar stains. [Smile]

I was never a fan of them, but after shooting a few, I got it. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger, holds a bunch of cartridges, and is reasonably accurate. Mainly my open carry piece out west.

I still like my 1911's and my Sig, but it'll do.

I must have missed it, did someone badmouth "Cops"?

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:08 PM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO Dave!!!! YOU freakin guys and your names.

If 49 don't change his sig line to Matt Dillion he doesn't have a hair?

--------------------
I am 5'10",an asshole 220% for sure. Former dirty deed doer for PM. Corrupt too! My name is Festus.

Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:11 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
I kilt a skunk running the other evening. I think I like this one better than my old Browning Hipower 9MM.

I hope to god that day never comes, but it does cross my mind from time to time.

Catch you later
Kelly

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:17 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If 49 don't change his sig line to Matt Dillion he doesn't have a hair?

Lol that's Leonard's job.

I have a Glock 23 also Ken, a generation 2 model.

Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:18 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about it Kelly. It ain't gonna happen. Way too much money connected to firearms for that to happen.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:19 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an equal opportunity offender. I have a Glock and 1911's.

As for the question at hand...with what I have, the dang cops would be comin' for me.

Technically, I'm not required to obey an unlawful order, and I am required to obey a lawful one. But I am not required to be a cop. So if I am issued orders that my conscience won't allow me to obey, then I'll give them back their badge and hit the trail. After that, it's game on. I'm too old a dog to kiss people's asses or do shit that I don't want to do.

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:23 PM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
Kelly what's your load for the 204?

I just got done doing 500 rounds of 204 for a friends R-15. Lots of work on all that.

Nick me too, generation 2. I like my sig 229 though.

Del your not getting cranky in your old age are you?

[ June 08, 2011, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Ken ]

--------------------

Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:28 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Ken I asked Cal years ago what he was shooting, he said a 35gr Berger, can't remember the powder, but I am loading 28.0 grs of H4895 and the 35gr Berger. Works real good on cats and good on coyotes if you pick your shots.

edit to add - what I mean by picking you shot is don't expect to kill the 2nd coyote with a ass shot as it heads for the brush.

[ June 08, 2011, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Jackson ]

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:38 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I asked our former police chief that very question Kelly. He is a friend of mine (see 49, I like some cops) He said he would resign before issuing the order and promptly lose all of his in a boating accident.

I can't say the same for the current chief.

1911's I've never shot one that didn't jam at some point and time. I've had a Glock 32(?) 357 SIG and now favor the S&W M&P9MM. I shoot it well enough...

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:47 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Naw, Ken. I'm just independent as hell.
Example at hand..you and 49 have Glock 23's but nooooooo, not me. I'm the exact opposite - literally. I have a Glock 32. See? Everybody else is marching in lockstep and I'm amblin' off on my own. I think that I actually may clinically be 'weird'. I had a shrink laugh at me one time and tell me that I have a 'unique personality'. (I kinda thought we all had unique personalities, but hey, he's the cat with the degree. Maybe I'm just uniquer ?? [Big Grin] )

[ June 08, 2011, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:50 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it looks like Tom and I are on the same page, anyway. I haven't done much with the 357 Sig cartridge, but anything that throws out a 125 JHP around 1300 f.p.s. can't be all bad.

--------------------

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 05:55 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Del you do strike me as the independent type. When we first met here, I pictured you as an undercover guy, with a long beard, wearing an army shirt. Now what was that guy's name in Hill Street Blues?

I have a Glock 22, a Glock 27, and Glock 19 in addition to the 23. I also own two 1911's (Colt Combat Commanders), a Makarov pistol, S&W 6904, Ruger LCP, S&W 629 6.5 inch, and my duty weapon is a Sig P228.I think that's it as far as handguns go. Oh yeah, a Walther p22 also.

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 06:00 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
49, you're thinkin of Belker. Furillo always threatened to turn him loose when he wanted trees shaken and results yesterday.

Undercover , you say? I'm fixin to show you undercover, bro... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 06:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If I can help it, I won't ever own a Glock. I have had a very few stove pipes in 45ACP but never something I would call a "jamb"? I always attributed it to particular handloads because I never had a failure with factory hardball?

So, a 1911 Kimber or Colt is crap, eh?

gh/lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 06:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like 49 is a Glock true believer. Why so many?

gh/lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 06:06 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Belker...that's him.

Leonard my Colts run well. Yeah, the issued magazines are crap. I run Wilson Combat mags in mine.

No problems..

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 06:08 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
oks like 49 is a Glock true believer. Why so many?

They aren't pretty Leonard, but they work.

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Maybe you should come and hang out on Glocktalk. [Big Grin]

Edit: Maybe I misunderstood your question. I have so many because I enjoy shooting them, and they are cheaper than Sigs and Colts.

[ June 08, 2011, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 06:09 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about cops coming to take your guns.
That'd be FEMA's job...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 06:14 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Deep, deep, deeeeeeeeeeeeep undercover...

-

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters