The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » WET!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WET!
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2011 03:06 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like for over a month it has done nothing but rain and flood here. It's enough to drive a guy nuts. Anyway I thought I'd share a few pic's.

First photo is of a road that is starting to wash out. It leads to a popular local camping and swimming area.
 -

The train is stalled because the next bridge ahead of it is unsafe for travel. There are trains stranded all over the county right now because the bridges and trestles are out or unstable. The creek in this photo is normally a little more than 2 or 3 feet wide.
 -

The home in the background is completely surrounded by water and will be a total loss. Normally this particular creek is only a foot deep or less. In this photo it's over 10 feet deep. The bridge I'm standing on to take this photograph was actually closed today because the water has come up even higher.
 -

So what's a guy to do with all this water? Well he can mope around or go make is own fun. I choose the latter. [Big Grin]
 -

Creek crossing where the road is washed out on one side and a deep hole on the other. This particular truck has a front bumper that is nearly 4 feet off the ground on the level. It gives you an idea how deep the hole is. Made it through just fine though.
 -

Me blasting through the water on a county road where the creek has decided to flow over the road instead of under it. Anyway hope you guys enjoyed the pic's.
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2011 03:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I love that kind of adventure, man against nature!

gh/lb

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2011 03:37 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
It does look like fun.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2011 03:56 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool pics there Troy.

I don't know about any official numbers, but this is the coolest, wettest spring I can remember in 29 years. Here in dry southern Id, I usually start watering my yard about April 15th to 20th or so. I watered for the 1st time on sunday it was 86 degrees,hottest day this year, then it rained last night and again this morning, turns out I didn't need to.

Heck they had tornado warnings yesterday afternoon about 100 miles east or here. Unheard of in these parts.

[ June 07, 2011, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
32below
Knows what it's all about
Member # 2075

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2011 07:04 PM      Profile for 32below   Email 32below         Edit/Delete Post 
If ya get tired of that stuff send some this way. We be dryer than a popcorn fart.
Posts: 100 | From: SW Kansas | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2011 08:19 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
The good Lord needs to get better at dispersing the wet across the country a little more evenly. So many places have record snow pack, rivers flooding across the country, and then there's TX, AZ., NM, eastern CO., and western KS who are
You've pretty much got that rebuilt engine broke in it looks like Troy..

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 11:52 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
TR I couldn't agree with you more about dispersing this weather a little more evenly. Hard to believe that between here and the Southern states there is a stretch of super dry. I swear I'm starting to grow webbing on my feet.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 03:12 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, if you guys have some extra cash to invest, my insider information tells me Avista will continue to post record profits this year. They're an electric utility that runs a bunch of dams here in the NW.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters