The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I Heard it Through the Grapevine (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: I Heard it Through the Grapevine
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 04:32 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
well. this one time,in band camp [Big Grin]
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 05:26 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
One time at bear camp... I stuck a bucket of honey in my...

Bearhunter! You were at bear camp, not band camp.

IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 07:11 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. careful smithers you might pop a vein or something. I know what you meant but it's my duty to create havoc and chaos.

Ya Tim me and 4 others were hunting on a bow only hunting area and I guess none of us even thought about it. I mean this was way before inlines and TC's hunting shows, no one I knew owned a muzzleloader but I was guilty.

Certainly not my worst offense but one of my dumbest.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 07:17 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny thing about shooting out the window...

Last week I was in a gun shop looking at cans. The guy suggested I needed one to hunt coyotes. I told him they were illegal to hunt coyotes with and he was shocked, well first he thought I was crazy, it's just a coyote.

Anyway I explained how using a can will turn a misdameanor into a felony. He said something about that's his biggest selling point and most shot out the window, who cares, it's just a coyote.

I reminded him a felony meant you can't own guns anymore and all he had to say was don't let that get around would you? I won't go back there.

edit to add; He was strongly against any kind of poaching and was a true hunter!

[ June 05, 2011, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: TOM64 ]

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 07:35 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
No biggy Tom, I was just funning with ya.

But the way things are theses days a hunter can't be too carefull and some of the laws on the books are there to protect us and others and its important to know what they are before heading out into the field, you could be saveing youre own life..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 08:27 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, shooting a coyote out the window in S.D is your only gamelaw violation?

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 08:45 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL .. No Geordie! I was just stateing that I have done it in S.D. back in the early 90's. Its legal to do it there, and not legal here in Mn. so i don't do it.. Its not that hard to step out of the truck and go prone or shoot over the hood, which is legal here..

I have had one game violation though, the zipper on my gun case was open about 6" due to the zipper being broke and it was cheaper to pay a fine if I got caught than to get another gun case, so I took my chance and got caught..
We finaly did away with the case law for my area so no worries.. [Smile]

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 04:48 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
My friend, at band camp, was arrested fir having his zipper open 6" and was, like, arrested for having an illegally captive anaconda and/ or something like that. The story was kind of muddled after they water boarded him, I guess they did a real number on him. I think it was a set up. They raided his house and arrested his dad for an illegal spitting cobra. Story was, his zipper was 6" down too. Anyway...

Edited: because I proof read AFTER the fact

[ June 06, 2011, 04:50 AM: Message edited by: smithers ]

CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 06:29 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
So Tim.....recieving a citation is the only thing that makes one guilty of a game violation in your eyes??

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 08:40 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to see TA wiggle outta this one [Smile]

I'm sure I have done a thing or 20 that I could have been cited for in the past. Small shit like not emptying the chamber in between stands, while hunting at night and not calling. Here, in MI, when you are not calling you are supposed to empty the gun. I have walked 1/8 of a mile with one in the chamber. Guilty!

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 08:59 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Uh oh...... t-bag is a poacher......there goes your unblemished title of mr coyote.....will you be uncrowned as the reigning king of coyotes?

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 09:28 AM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
How are you expected to shoot out your window with an unloaded gun in the truck? I swear, the laws are getting ridiculous.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 10:03 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
tlbradford, you are too damn logical!

JD, scandal creates interest. I wanna see him 2- peat!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 06:45 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it depends on what eye I'm looking through at the time..

What makes them guilty is when the judge looks over the evidence and says they are guilty..

[ June 06, 2011, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 07:20 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What makes them guilty is when the judge looks over the evidence and says they are guilty..
So you're not breaking a law unless you are caught?????

--------------------

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 07:37 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Come on now Geordie; take a trip down memory lane with me. Remember the good old pot smokin' days of our youth, you know, those deep,lengthy,hazy discussions of whether or not a coke can is really red,because thats just a word we use for a particular color. It could in fact be green,or blue.We see it as red, but a dog may see it as blue....man, it could be any color....gimme another hit on that fat boy.
Does a falling tree really make a noise, if no one is there to actually hear it, that is if indeed it really makes a sound?
This could even run the route of just what is a law....is it mans law, or gods law....malum in se, or malum prohibitum. He's a deep thinker,and I believe his words need to be philosophically
parsed.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 07:51 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in a twisted way, he might have a point. See, OJ was found innocent, he wasn't breaking the law by almost decapitating his wife's head. Found innocent by twelve of the stupidest people in Los Angeles. Remember; if the glove don't fit, you must acquit. Check that, thirteen of the stupidest people in Los Angeles. Chris Darden, assistant DA asked OJ to try on those leather gloves while wearing rubber gloves. Brilliant!

What were we talking about?

gh/lb

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 07:54 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I totally remember now dude.....lol.
I see you are having fun in florida Vic.....I was worrying a little.

Peace out!

--------------------

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 08:29 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I guess it depends on what eye I'm looking through at the time..
That goes right along with another t-bag-ism of the near past......."my word depends on who I give it to"

Never a dull moment when t is at the key board.

quote:

No t-bag......that just means they will have consequences for the thing that they are already guilty of. You have no moral compass do you.

I was starting to have hope for you t-bag....hell, Lance even gave you back your capitol t......but then you posted and spewed LIBERAL all over the place again......

BTW...LB.....you'll notice that I didn't drop a single F bomb in this post.....the 12 step program is working.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2011 08:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, JD, I take notice and particular satisfaction You have been a project for quiet a while.

Shh, don't say anything, let Dan (edit: the man) find it, that's what we are paying him for... [Wink]

gh/lb

[ June 06, 2011, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2011 04:52 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck bombs or not, you still have some kind of stalking love for TA16Bremlinton... Ebony and ivory lived together in perfect disharmony, side by side in the truck, go ahead, shoot out the window, why don't we...
jasonpredhunter
Member # 3843

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 10:31 AM      Profile for jasonpredhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Randy Shaw called a few days ago and let me know I'd become famous or better yet "infamous" on a site called Huntmasters. I don't really have a lot of time to spend on the internet, but I thought I'd check out what people were saying. It took a couple days to get registered or I would have posted sooner...I'm the "Infamous" Jason Groseclose this thread was written about, even though it has gotten off course from what I was reading. Just to clear things up for my boy Smithers, who apparantly likes to hang out behind the grapevines...

I took a newbie hunting back in 2009, a couple counties over from where I live. He called and said he wanted to learn to predator hunt and that he had several farms secured to hunt and asked if we could get together one night and hunt. I said yes, and proceeded to drive the hour and a half up and meet the guy. In VA you have to have written permission to use a spotlight at night to hunt but only oral permission during the day. When I'm getting permission from the farms I hunt, I get the landowner to say "Myself and hunting party", and that covers us all. I never know who I'm going to be hunting with so that covers our ass. This guy said he already had the permission, so I trusted him, and didn't have any reason not too. Didn't even really think about it because we had turkey hunted a lot in the past. I was too busy worrying bout killin' coyotes. Guess that's where I f'd up. We went hunting and got back to the truck, after not even seeing a set of eyes, and headed out the driveway. Then we see blue lights and it's the trout trooper who had been laying in wait after he saw us scanning with a red light. He heard the calls too, I think I was using cottontail and crow that night. Apparantly my new hunting partner had first, not gotten WRITTEN permission, only oral permission. Second, he was on the neighboring farm which shared a driveway. Not much you can do in a situation like that other than man up and take a ticket. I was guilty because of my stupidity. THIS IN MY EYES AND THE LAW's EYES IS NOT POACHING THOUGH! Poaching is the illegal killing of animals. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, trust me Smithers, I don't have to POACH to kill shit. Also, I'm a farmer and run close to a 1,000 head of cattle. We calve out about 500 cows a year, so I can promise you one thing, there will always be a spotlight and a gun in my truck no matter what. If that makes me up to no good, then so be it. From Feb-Apr I'm shining fields all hours of the night checking cows, and kill several 'yotes sneaking in and cleaning up the afterbirth. That's how I make my living. If they want to write tickets for that too, I guess the 'ol Deer Deputies hand is gonna get tired. Keep an eye out Smithers, I might get another one!!! That was my first ticket in 20 some years of hunting, but I might be on a roll!

Throughout this post 'ol Smithers has called me a Poacher, compared me to a PEDOPHILE, a nascar driver, and a coke-sniffing rock-star. I'd love for you to call me any of those to my face but I'm sure it's like most of the forums, you're a keyboard commando at his best. Also called me a well-known hunter. Who the hell knows me, I live back in the middle of the appalachain mountains and come from a town with a population of 600. I'm far from well known.

I know you were earlier referring to your motives, I'd like to hear those. You never did mention what they were????????

Not that I owe YOU any explanation at all, but as a matter of fact, Mr. Scurry who put on the competition know's all about it. I consider him a good friend and he knows me and my character. I personally think there are a SHIT-TON of hypocritical a-hole's out there that only enjoy negativity. I won the competition last year and finished 2nd this year, and will be in Waco next year. Come on down Smithers, you might enjoy the contest. Heck, even compete unless it's not your "cup of tea".

I sure hope Smithers doesn't get ahold of my speeding tickets, he'll be assuming and posting all over the internet that I was running from the police after robbing a bank or maybe I had kidnapped a bus-load of orphans and running from the cops! If you got any other problems with my style of doing sh$t, you just let me know.

To everyone else, I really appreciate you having the common sense to know how situations like this only spark rumors. I appreciate you guys having my back, even though you don't even know me. I look forward to checking out the forum more, if I'm not kicked off on my first post! LOL

Take care smithers, I'll let ya in on something. You have to be careful hanging out behind those grapevines though. My momma grew up down the road from a vineyard and told me that their were a couple queer boys down the road that used to sneak in the vineyard and hide behind the grapevines and do the their thing. I hope that's not what you were doing in there!!! Either way, that's YOUR business though, and of no concern to me.

Posts: 68 | From: VA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 14 posted June 08, 2011 10:58 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Jason!

I think you will do just fine here!

Good luck in your future calling contests.

Nikonut

22-250
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 11:17 AM      Profile for 22-250           Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you enjoy this forum and good luck. Hopefully you will run into smithers one day soon. Best of Luck.

--------------------
The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him and even the flea would desert him for a velocipede.

Posts: 108 | From: Longview, Texas, glad to be gone | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2011 11:30 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
First off, Jason, I read that your ticket was for poaching. I asked a simple question. I got the answer from Randy Shaw. Apparently you skipped the posts where I said I was satisfied with the answer and it was a BS ticket. The references to pedophiles and coke sniffing were not about you. Learn to comprehend a sentence.

If you wanna fly off the handle and shit talk, go ahead. If it makes you feel better, more power to you. But, know this, and BELIEVE IT, I'm no keyboard commando. You should know who you are talking shit to before you step in it. Have a better day, okay?

Edit: I had a pretty good tirade going but erased it and decided to take the "somewhat high road".
If you're gonna talk shit, make it worth my while. Provide addresses and phone numbers.

[ June 08, 2011, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: smithers ]

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters