The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » the climax of stupidity (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: the climax of stupidity
Oracle
PAKMAN
Member # 3839

Icon 13 posted May 30, 2011 02:55 PM      Profile for Oracle           Edit/Delete Post 
the oracle here, long, LONG time lurker on these predator hunting boards.

now, after reading up on this new level of drama brought to huntmasters by rich higgins, i just couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer.

the following will be a collection of rants and deep thoughts:

- 4949 has done nothing but remain positive amongst a den of fools though he might be a little biased when dealing with the brotherhood issues

- glen guess is a cross between a gay leprechaun and a wann-abee biker, doo rag man

- most of the original predatormasters backroom mafia were derelicts, the present administration is a collection of douchebags

- i wouldnt trust scott francom any further then i could throw him

- why is rich higgins posting this latest round of garbage, claimed to be a friend of leonard but yet still cavorted with the predatormasters henchman who pulled the coup on leonard while he was out of the country

- rich cronk behaved in a nasty way on the predatormasters call makers forums

- the NPHA turned out to be the biggest joke the world of predator hunting has ever seen

- got to watch that byron south guy

- predator monsters was some good stuff, to bad that they let some supposed attorney scare them with a cease and desist order

- andy laughlin?

- ken was a dirty cop plus a dirty deed doer in the backroom of predatormasters. napoleon complex 220% for sure, but blame it all on the supposed crooks you were under in b'dino

- nikonut, are you kidding me?

- true blue predator hunters don't spend all of their time on the boards, theyre out hunting

- i miss bopeye

- misting is a joke

- it aint foxpro or wt, its the button pusher, stupid

- french canadians suck

- leonard tries, he really does. i suggest that he go hunting more and monitor this station less

- when all said and done, oprah was probably ok. gayle king is a phony ass loser

- kodiak/andrew kerns, something is very fishy about this dude

- dan carey, its really funny how when you spell out his name while posting on predatormasters it ends up automatically (bleep) when submitted

- bear man rick is a double douche

- ragn cajun tried playing both sides and got burnt

- don't buy an ad or a car for that matter from jeff mock

- dr. phil?

- is ken 5' 4" or 5' 5" ? did he meet his waterloo?

- did i already address 4949?

- did i read correctly that randy buker takes candid photos of people without their permission?

- convicted child molesters should be shot on sight

- who would you choose, peter and gordon or chad and jeremy?

- why is the deserthunter site such a chickenshit that non members arent allowed to read content?

- i would like barry rocking bars blog, if bbbbb barry himself hadn't written it

- do you call the mods and directors at predatormasters backroom boys or frogmen?

- if all the banned and disgrunted ex predatormasters members had any balls, there would have been some justifiable slayings in the past 3 years

- tony tebbe?

- have you noticed that ta17 has really shaped up and writing some good posts lately?

- david ruffin of the tempations was really fucked up but was "the" voice of that group

- milf or gilf?

- the coyote rage guys were here and gone internet rages, correctumundo?

- crapshoot will always be a douche

- how many different sponsors has les johnson burned through?

- fred eichler actually does a pretty good show

- shooters service unlimited?

- where did all of the genuine hunters go from predatormasters, long time passing, where did all the genuine hunters go, long time ago?

- all i really want to do is baby be friends with you

- are these supposed campouts actually a cover for gay romps in the desert?

- michael mccasland?

- i miss java4

- lowes or home depot?

- 15 minutes of fame with predator strikeforce

- highwayman/guerowolf posts some of the most assinine things

- weasel

- do you read the kiplinger letter?

- jody miller, the most underated lady singer of all time

- is there still time to save us all?

- internet predator hunters are the most hateful bastards in the business

feel free to reply, thanks for reading

[ May 30, 2011, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Oracle ]

Posts: 6 | From: Tulsa | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Knows what it's all about
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 03:21 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
that was good, real good [Wink]
Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 03:37 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Fun stuff!!!

Hell, now even I'm famous! [Razz]

Nikonut

IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 03:45 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally, A source of wise counsel, prophetic opinion, inspired by gods, a true form of divination. Please don't remain silent. Tell us more.
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
kodiak61
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 03:54 PM      Profile for kodiak61   Author's Homepage   Email kodiak61         Edit/Delete Post 
I can live with fishy. I will construct that fantasy in my head that it was just a poorly chosen synonym for mysterious.

Yea, Kodiak *me* is a very mysterious dude.

Chicks dig mysterious dudes. I will have to let my wife know.

Like Niko, I now feel famous to make the list of the Oracle.

*edited for spelling

[ May 30, 2011, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: kodiak61 ]

--------------------
While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded.

Posts: 55 | From: Goldendale, WA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 04:09 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
"now fell famous"

Where the hell did you go to school?

kodiak61
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 04:32 PM      Profile for kodiak61   Author's Homepage   Email kodiak61         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Sorry Dan, I am but a product of the pubic school system.

(yes pubic)

--------------------

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 04:50 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
now, after reading up on this new level of drama brought to huntmasters by rich higgins, i just couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer.
The threads were not meant to be dramatic.
They are intended to be a chronicle of events as they occurred to the present time.
quote:
- why is rich higgins posting this latest round of garbage, claimed to be a friend of leonard but yet still cavorted with the predatormasters henchman who pulled the coup on leonard while he was out of the country
I was friends with the actors on both sides.
Loyalty to a friend extends in both directions
Leonard was friends with people I do not like. I never demanded that because I didn't like them he couldn't either.
I thought that crap was left behind in 6th grade.

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 04:52 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Dayum Andrew, that was good. lol
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 05:18 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
That's why I like you Andrew. When you coming home?
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 05:31 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol..
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 05:31 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I just saw the oracle and GT bumping dicks in the background of a scene in Dirty Dancing.

Who and what do I have to do to piss off one of these anonymous keyboard cowboys? I wanna be famous too, goddammit!

Misspelled it on purpose Dan, stand down.

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 05:43 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
So how long have you been a Dylan fan?

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
kodiak61
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 05:47 PM      Profile for kodiak61   Author's Homepage   Email kodiak61         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Sorry Jim

--------------------

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 05:52 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
That damn dog looks like Jim. lol
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 06:19 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, have you hooked up with any callers in Goldendale/ There used to be a mod at PMS from there.
kodiak61
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 08:19 PM      Profile for kodiak61   Author's Homepage   Email kodiak61         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich I have not. Of the few coyote hunters I have talked with they are of the "see coyote shoot coyote" breed.

I have been scouting area's and then collecting hunt permission slips from as many people as I possibly can though. This area is seriously land locked by private property and most land owners charge to hunt on their land. Since I am only hunting predators I have had some luck getting permissions, especially from the deer lease land owners. It does pose an ethical question though as one of the largest land tracts I have permission to hunt on is primarily a deer lease land site. And the owner gave me permission because he would like me to go out during the fawning season (now) and help keep the coyotes off his future income.

Had a lady bring me pictures of a mountain lion that comes to visit her house on occasion so I am hopeful there. Where she lives if very mountainous and thick so once the season rolls around I'm going to give that area a go. She is on a dead end road up near the pass where two mountains converge together. After hearing Steve Craig talk at the PP hunt last year it makes sense that she is seeing them there. Her back yard is almost to the letter what Steve described as a place to try and call for them.

I have only hunted twice since moving here and been successful both times. Its not like Arizona that's for sure but many of the same principles apply. First day out back in January I was able to pull a small female bobcat and two coyotes. The bobcat in particular was great though because the rancher that owned the land had just finished a long diatribe about how bobcats and damn near extinct in these parts. I tried to explain that it wasn't the case they just don't make themselves known like coyotes do and many times when people call them they just don't see them.

My family pretty much knows everyone in this area (for good or bad) so if you get me a name of that pms mod I'm sure I can get a hold of him. It would be great to have someone that knows the area run me around a little.

*edited because I know Dan is grading this

[ May 30, 2011, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: kodiak61 ]

--------------------

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 09:22 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I gotta hand it to ya Oracle, some of your stuff was pretty damn funny!
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 09:30 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew. Question: What do you mean its not like AZ.?? Coyote numbers, ground cover, ect.????

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5061 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 09:40 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
Higgins is thinking of Curt Barrett. He is still in the area last I heard.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
kodiak61
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 10:07 PM      Profile for kodiak61   Author's Homepage   Email kodiak61         Edit/Delete Post 
TA -

In Arizona there was an abundance of state land. Vast open area's that you could easily find, get to and hunt when you liked. Second, in AZ my experiences where there were places people lived and then everywhere else. Even in the country the homes were arranged in a way that you could get just out side of them and then have an area to hunt. Here in this part of WA people live everywhere and anywhere.

Just when I think I'm out of town I find another house, a locked gate and someones trailer or cabin. There are tons upon tons of 5, 10 and 20acre parcels all owned by someone different. So I get permission to hunt on one, then need 6 different permissions to hunt an area that will maybe produce 5 stands, if I was to hunt like I did in Arizona.

In AZ I could get to an area, make a stand then cruise down the road 3/4 of a mile and make another one. Most area's I hunted there I could get a full days hunting doing this yet some were only good for a 1/2 day. Which was cool since I would hunt one area, break for lunch and drive to another.

In my limited experience in this area it is just not as easy to find a good spot to make a good days worth of hunting like it was back in AZ.

The terrain is much different then back home but that has been less of hindrance then the private property issues. Every time I find a good area I want to make a stand it is someone's land and has a no hunting sign. As I stated before for the most part I have spent my time scouting and gathering permissions. All of the locals have been great, the only problems have come from the Portland/Vancouver weekenders who build their retirement/weekend places here and love all of god's creatures. I leave my number with them in the hopes that one day Mr Coyote eats their prized cockapoo and they change their mind about me hunting predators on their 5 acre parcel that blocks 200 acres of state land.

I have talked with Curt briefly before on PM about different firearms related issues, I will try to contact him again and see if he has some answers to my riddles of hunting in this area.

And whats funny about all of this is IF I wasn't concerned for laws/ethics or any of that, there are deer, elk, turkeys and bear that wonder around my area daily. I could fill the freezers of every member on this forum with just the doe's that live withing 10 minutes of me. It is borderline ridiculous. People here actually put fences up to keep deer out of their gardens because they are such a nuisance. Completely ZERO exaggeration I see no less then 10 deer a day in my area. There are 4 out front of my house as I type this.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 10:21 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew.. Its good to see someone else get a taste of calling somewhere else besides home (AZ)..
Some of the best calling is around the twin cities in my state and north central part, most of the land is like you described all broken up with little hobby farms and hunting leases. Its not so bad if a hunter lived in the area but in my book not worth the 2-3 hour drive with gas as high as it is. You get out and away from the cities and the numbers are lower and there is a house by every creek going into a section ( best place for coyotes)and to make a stand.. One problem I face is farm dogs, everybody has to have one and they can screw up the limited number of stands I can make..

Andrew what are the coyote numbers like in youre area?????

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5061 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
kodiak61
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 10:33 PM      Profile for kodiak61   Author's Homepage   Email kodiak61         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm know enough to know that I'm not qualified to make any real statement about coyote numbers here.

I do see them when driving around in the fields from time to time so that leads me to believe they are decent.

The few people on PM who are from Washington/Oregon that I have talked to have told me that this area is one that they travel to when they hunt predators so that also makes me think it should be decent.

The farmers and ranchers that I speak with tell me they are a major problem and they all seem to know where a den or two is, so again this leads me to believe that the numbers are decent.

In the two days I hunted here (see my point about limited experience) I was able to call in 1 bob cat and 5 coyotes. I was able to shoot at 3 of them but only took shots on 2. The third was at a questionable range for my skill and I thought I could get it in closer only to have it bug out. The other two wouldn't come close enough for me to get a shot at them.

The bobcat was taken in thick cover at a creek bottom. It was a typical AZ stand (looked like hunting in Oracle in one of the wash bottoms). One of the few I have found. In this area, again in my limited experience I find stands like this few and far between. Unlike AZ where you can get into a wash like this and make stands all day, or drive just a few minutes away to another wash just like it.

I have also noticed that I have not seen a single rabbit either in town or in the country. Of the handful of animals I have called thus far, none of them were called with any variation of rabbit distress. I'm sure in time I will give it a try but because I have not seen any rabbits present anywhere, I have not tried those sounds when calling. Birds, squeaks, weird indescribable noises Scott loaded on my caller and fawn/calf bleats have been what I have used so far.

[ May 30, 2011, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: kodiak61 ]

--------------------

George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 10:48 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
In the two days I hunted here (see my point about limited experience) I was able to call in 1 bob cat and 5 coyotes

sound like you have it good .well better then me anyways [Big Grin]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
kodiak61
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 10:54 PM      Profile for kodiak61   Author's Homepage   Email kodiak61         Edit/Delete Post 
I wont disagree with you George, it could be worse.

And there were plenty of days in Arizona where I called and shot exactly ZERO of anything.

Next spring, after giving a full season go here I will be a hair better at explaining my thoughts on the differences between this part of the country and Arizona.

*edited to add this:

My family owns and operates a Propane business here in the area. Because of this I have been able to pretty much be on every single road in the area. Our propane customers do not live in town as there they have natural gas or strait electric. During the course of daily business I am all over my area an in most of the nooks and crannies of this county. Working has been my scouting and permission gathering expeditions. I have also learned a new respect for "country folk". There are some serious backwoods ass backwoods folk up in the hills that we are proud to call customers.

[ May 30, 2011, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: kodiak61 ]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters