The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » WBC protest in Joplin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WBC protest in Joplin
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 13 posted May 28, 2011 03:07 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone been reading about this? This is craziness all the way... my prayers go out to the families and victims of these terrible storms.

http://www.sdentertainer.com/news/westboro-baptist-church-thanks-god-for-joplin-victims/

This is the reason the motorcycle group I ride with got started(Patriot Guard)... this is the church group that protests military funerals.

If ever there was a need for laws against these kinds of religious/hate protests it is now. This isn't about free speech, it's about respect for the dead.

They can believe what they want and write all they want and say what they want but they should not be allowed to protest in this manner.

Scum of the earth in my opinion! How can anyone believe this crap?

Nikonut [Mad]

IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2011 02:05 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Niko, I appreciate what you guys do and how it's done...but....in this case I feel there needs to be a group that is maybe a little more covert.......wouldn't it be weird if these MFers woke up in the morning with 2 broken knee caps and a concussion. Maybe then they would understand a little bit more about the word "wrath"

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 14 posted May 28, 2011 06:50 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I agree JD but some of the protesters are young kids.

In my mind the adults should be brought up on child abuse charges first. If that fails... well, they sure do piss off a lot of people so who knows what might happen!

JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2011 07:48 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I would never hurt a child or touch them in any way but I wouldn't/couldn't stand by while these guys disrespected my family, friends or neighbors who had died in such a tragedy, and furthermore I find there misuse of the bible, christianity and Gods name as disgusting, the things that they claim the bible says are not only untrue but twisted to serve their own SICKNESS and in turn steal the only ray of hope some of these folks have.

I can't believe someone hasn't put a stop to this stuff.

--------------------
Jason

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2011 08:07 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
The Joplin PD, MO HP, oir someone with a badge just needs to load them up and haul them away. May not be a perfectly legal way to handle it, but it gets their sorry asses out of there and away from those poor folks. Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures, and given the circumstances in Joplin, try and find twelve people who will give a shit what Phelps says.

BTW, Kansas folks are more sick and tired of these ragamuffins than anyone is. They embarass the crap out of us and our state.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 6 posted May 28, 2011 09:47 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the Secret Service will take care of the situation...
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2011 09:42 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw the Patriot Guard in action here several years ago when services were held for a local boy killed in Iraq.

The WBC was present, but the PG was very effective in making their presence almost negligable. They do a greta job.

Now if they could do the same to the POTUS. He is due to show up in Joplin today. His presence and the security required will shut down clean up and recovery efforts that are on going now.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 14 posted May 29, 2011 11:26 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
And that's a real shame.

quote:
Now if they could do the same to the POTUS. He is due to show up in Joplin today. His presence and the security required will shut down clean up and recovery efforts that are on going now.
And it's all for re-election publicity. There is still hope for survivors or at least finding the missing. He could simply do a fly over and accomplish seeing the devastation.

***Update: This from the Nation org...

quote:

JOPLIN MISSOURI

The Patriot Guard Riders are not a counter protest group. We have a very specific mission statement that focuses on our Fallen Heroes that have served our country and citizens. As a non-profit organization we are bound by law to adhere to our mission statement. Violating that could prevent the organization from continuing to honor our fallen military and first responders.

We understand the sorrow these families are experiencing and offer our condolences in their loss and hopes that no protesters will attempt to twist their pain for some media exposure. The best way to prevent these folks from attending funerals is to deny them media coverage and attention. That is the only reason they would be there.

So, unless there is a funeral request or individuals show up, there will be no PGR there.

***Update: It is reported that the WBC is having problems getting there! LOL Seems a group of truckers has blocked the WBC's vehicles in at the Flying J truck stop outside of Joplin! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Nikonut

[ May 29, 2011, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Nikonut ]

JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2011 12:45 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
SWEET!!!! Hope they accidently back over them....a couple times.

--------------------
Jason

tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 09:08 AM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure these guys are funded by Soros to try to paint all religious groups with the same brush. I'm with JD, beat them to a pulp...they wouldn't do anything because obviously it is God's punishment for their sins.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 06:46 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I read about a town that found out about some of these people going to protest a funeral. Seems that the local people were parking behind them in the hotel parking lots and blocking them in.

Also seems the tow truck companies were really busy that day and could never get anyone out there to tow the offending vehicles.

Apparently the whole town was less than co-operative.

[ May 30, 2011, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 05:32 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I echo what Lance just said...Crazy Fred and his clan are an embarassment to the State of Kansas!

I don't wish anyone ill, however, Fred is about ready to die from cancer...we can do a minor celebration when he kicks the bucket.

With that said, his daughter is going to pick up the standard and keep carrying it, so they aren't going away anytime soon.

Would be kind of cool to have some type of protest at his funeral...

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 09:05 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody ever read any Ed Abbey? Such as 'The Monkey Wrench Gang'??? Their capacity to protest is only as good as their capacity to travel from point A to point B. Things happen to vehicles all the time.

Just sayin'...

[ June 05, 2011, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 09:13 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Protest at his funeral? If we do that then we are no better than he is. That just wouldn't be right.

Now, if we were to show up after his funeral, say, about 0300 hrs, and we all took a group dump on his grave, now that would be a different matter, since the evacuation of one's bowels is a purely natural thing, and we all know when you gotta go, well, you gotta go.

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2011 10:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Include me out. I gave up group dumps recently.

gh/lb

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters