The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Interesting read on open carry..Philly (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17 

Author Topic: Interesting read on open carry..Philly
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted May 23, 2011 10:11 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Joplin From the Air

I'll take 115 for 3 months straight over 30 minutes of what causes this. Bless their hearts.

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted May 23, 2011 10:39 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
More like 3 minutes.......bad shit!

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 23, 2011 10:40 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Brothers brick house just to the left in pic. It was still in tact after a F-4 or f-5 passed by about a block away. Remaining houses in the area destroy or damaged too much to salvage..

-

Church in front center with school on the left, twister passed between them. Half of school was saved but the church had to be torn down..

-

Grain elavator. There was two but only one left standing along with the bins, minus there tops.
 -

It was kinda interesting walking through town afterwards seeing what homes where still standing and salvagable and seeing the ones that could not be repaired and the ones missing except for the basement and first floor..
It seemed that any of the houses built from the 70's on did'nt stand much of a chance. Had one couple that lived in a trailor house and they survived by hanging onto the front cement steps and railing, after the twister passed both of them looked like they tangled with one of those african porky's.. A class mate of mine was in his camaro when the twister hit and was found alive and just shooken up, The twister moved him and his car roughly 3 blocks before it rested aganst a tree and what was left of a house..

I was out at the farm when the twister passed by my place which was headed straight for town..
After it passed I jumped in the truck and headed for town watching it up in front of me as I drove.. I got to the edge of town and could'nt drive any farther due to all the big trees laying across the road so I had to go in on foot.. I got about two blocks from my mothers house and met one of my sisters wandering recless down the street. I did'nt reconize her at first due to being all covered in mud and debree. I got her to calm down some and asked about the rest of the famaly which she said was still inside the house in the basement.. Had to pry a old door loose so they could get out and everyone was shooken up but ok health wise...
Its been about 12 years now since it happened and one thing that sticks is the reaction from anyone that was there is anytime a gust of wind blows or a dark cloud passes over head or a crack of thunder everyone stops what they are doing and looks to the sky..

One more thing I have to say and thats about FEMA and the RED-cross, both where there the very next day and they did everything possable to help from provideing food and water and places for people to stay that lost there homes and provideing material for temparary patch jobs on some of the houses, I have no complaints what so ever..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted May 23, 2011 11:06 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
True Tim, people are always just a little jumpy after that. The other thing you will never forget if you are close to a big one is the sound......hard to describe accurately, some say its like the sound of a freight train.....I would say a BIG LOUD freakin freight train might be similar.

--------------------
Jason

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 12:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! Did somebody steal JD's password?

Gee! That was the nicest, sweetest post by JD to TA that I can ever remember?

Tim and Jason, sitting in a tree......

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 02:43 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim. where was that at?? the Red Cross is one organization that i do donate to. the've been here for the big floods and have really helped those in need out.
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 04:06 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
OMG! Did somebody steal JD's password?

Gee! That was the nicest, sweetest post by JD to TA that I can ever remember?

Tim and Jason, sitting in a tree......

It seems like JD may have taken my advice and looked in the mirror at himself. While I don't appreciate JD's past conduct, I will give him credit for taking a look at himself and reevaluating. Let's just hope it lasts.

Now, just a few words for my friends here at Huntmasters...

First of all, and I am talking to you Patterson, it doesn't make someone a "turd" because they have a few misdemeanors. I have family and some friends who have a few disorderly type offenses in their past.

I wasn't judging our OC carry advocate on one offense. I was judging him mostly on his conduct with the cops, and his skipping out on court. Yep, I don't like it when people intentionally cause trouble with police officers, not even to fulfill their own agenda. The bottom line is the OC guy was using the PPD cops to promote his agenda. As Tom pointed out, the black lady on the bus was a true hero. She stood up for her rights without trying to use someone else to do it.

Apparently some of you guys don't understand why I would try and "bridge the gap" between the membership here and the police. I am not blindly sticking up for anyone in blue, as Lance suggested in one of his later posts. I don't know those Philly cops personally. I have never met a Philly cop actually. I just know there exists a "mistrust" of police in general, and especially so on this website. If I can make you guys understand, even just a little, what may be going on in the minds of the cops, then I think I have done my job. Sure, I can sit back and tell you guys what assholes the Philly cops were. Then I would be fitting right in here, and we could all be having a grand old time, shooting the shit with each other, talking guns and hunting, etc. Why do I even care about "bridging the gap?" Because I know what it feels like to be a cop. Plain and simple. Some of the military veterans here may know what it feels like to be outnumbered by hostiles. Have you ever been outnumbered and had to fight your way out? It seems like the cops get the shit end of the stick often enough. I just don't want you guys to think cops are all bad. I don't want you to think a couple cops having a bad day are all bad. Maybe due to our interactions here we can help each other see through both sides of glass a little clearer.

But yes, there is an aspect of loyalty with me. Right now, that loyalty says lets look through their eyes. When you do so, maybe things don't appear quite as bad as they do looking in from the outside. Cops are human just like everyone else. They have emotions, prejudices, good days, and bad days. As someone pointed out (maybe Dave Allen?) there may have been some pack mentality going on. You wanna talk pack mentality guys? (not talking to Dave), look at the conduct of some of you here. There is safety in numbers. It's easy to jump on someone when you have five or six members backing you up. But that's okay if that's the way (some) of you wanna roll. I have been ganged up on here from "minute 1" (49 term). I don't mind it so much. What I DO mind is when certain people come on board and try and paint a picture of me by putting words in my mouth. This is an unfortunate aspect of human nature, and is a dishonest way of interacting with others. What also disappoints me is that some of the membership bought into this type of nonsense. I thought that with my time served here that some of us had an understanding. But I understand there are strong feelings regarding law enforcement here, and it is easy to get people to jump on the anti-LE bandwagon. Like I said, I have grown up around people who hear only what they want to hear. I understand it is human nature and I can accept it. But don't try and put words in my mouth.

Now about me. I have twenty two and half years in, not counting my academy time, which was 5 months. Unlike other agencies, we aren't sworn in until graduation day, so our time in the academy does not count as time served. In twenty two years I have been officially reprimanded once. What was I reprimanded for you might ask? I got out of the patrol car when I saw another officer having a problem with a motorist, and I failed to let dispatch know over the radio. Yep...that's it. I guess our internal affairs bureau thought it was more important to make a radio transmission than it was to help out another cop. But that's internal affairs for you. I guess my agency is so much lacking in corruption that internal affairs has to pick on innocuous violations like this to justify their existence. But you guys can realize that for yourselves. I am not gonna toot my horn and tell you guys about any accomplishments I have had as a cop. I just want you to know I have an unblemished record, because some here have tried to paint a picture of me as being a "spin doctor for corrupt cops" That is the biggest pile of shit that ever flowed out of the crack of my ass. I am talking to YOU, Ken. My record is thus unblemished. Sure there is corruption in LE, but I don't see it. Many times the corruption is inherent to big city police departments. For anyone to assume I have seen it and looked the other way is absolutely insulting and ridiculous. Of course, this is coming from a guy that doesn't even know me. So yes, I take it personal when people try to paint an untrue picture of me. I REALLY take it personal when people try and attack my integrity. I take it personal because I live my life with integrity every single day. I PRIDE myself on my integrity. But in defense of Ken and some of the others, how would they really know this? I mean, they don't even know me except for my postings here, and maybe on some other boards. So, I should be somewhat lenient and realize that some people just like to talk out of their asses. It is the way of the world I guess. But you guys can believe whoever you want.

Now, I must say I am more than a little disappointed in some (not all) of this membership. I have tried to keep a level head here for the last year and a half. I have tried to be a gentleman, though I know that sometimes my emotions have gotten the better of me. Now I will tell you that you might not see me around here as much. I don't make it a habit of conversing with people who attack my integrity, or people who wish to believe others who attack my integrity. That's the way I am. I am not gone for good though. I will be popping in now and then, mostly keeping an eye on some of my "friends" here.

For the nice guys here, I appreciate your friendship and understanding. I would name you all, but I don't have time. You know who you are.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 04:41 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
i did not have a dog in this fight so did'nt say nothing. i do however think you handled yourself very well 49.
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
sak81
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3706

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 05:16 AM      Profile for sak81           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Can't remember the exact name, but I think it was close to Mankato if it's the on I'm thinking of. Church does look familiar.
Posts: 50 | From: mt | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 05:59 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
49, I know I said I was done but I have to answer a few items in your last post and maybe explain a little about myself and our situation.

First of all I was calling BS on you long before it was the cool thing to do. So much so that LB asked me to back off. For that I apologise. Not for calling BS or that it got out of hand but the fact that I didn't think it was that bad.

You popped up on my radar on the other forum about the gun control issue, we've talked about this, no need to rehash it. I told you I am passionate about my beliefs and gun control is on my list. I will uphold the constitutional right to keep and bear arms to the end.

I have never let my beliefs go by the curb just to fit into the pack. In fact, I've never really fit in much anywhere and have chosen to do my own thing.

I never tried to put words in your mouth either, I tried to quote you word for word. Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying but unless I missed something or you misunderstood what I said, I replied only to what you said.

You see I don't have an anti-authority attitude like you assumed, but I do take issue when that authority is abused. I also think you're a good guy or I wouldn't have went through the trouble trying to show you where we disagreed and why.

"She stood up for her rights without trying to use someone else to do it."

She used everyone on the bus and the police, same as the OC dude. That's what advocates do... and again we drew different conclusions to the same instance. That's ok though, it's what challenges our minds to think for ourselves.

No hard feelings on my part and I will take you to task if you spout anymore BS [Big Grin]

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 06:02 AM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys who live in tornado country or have family that does, I don't see how you deal with the unknowing that may decend upon you.

I mean you all work hard for what you have and when Mr.Tornado comes, it generally takes everything you have away.

We have earthquakes here and those can sure pucker you up, but not like those who deal with tornados.

--------------------
I am 5'10",an asshole 220% for sure. Former dirty deed doer for PM. Corrupt too! My name is Festus.

Posts: 281 | From: High Desert | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
32below
Member # 2075

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 06:33 AM      Profile for 32below   Email 32below         Edit/Delete Post 
One thing about a tornado, move over a mile or so and it goes by. Earth quakes and hurricanes may require a move of several hundred miles to get out of the way. I'll take the tornado. Besides it gives me and the neighbors something to watch while gathered in the front yard. Not so bright? Maybe, but the basement is a few steps away and momma and the kids are already there. Have lived in Oklahoma and Kansas for nearly 54 years. Have seen the aftermath numerous times. By the same token concrete trucks and bull racks run up down the highway through town. Could just as easily get run over.
Posts: 100 | From: SW Kansas | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 07:35 AM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep I know I said I was out of the OC issue to, but let me conclude with some thoughts on perspectives in general.

I'll echo just a little of what Tom says.

49 I have seen many guys in LE who are passionate in their arguments on a given issue. NOTHING wrong with that. Everyone read mine. I stand by my beliefs as you do. NO ONE will change my perspective of LE anytime soon.

I would have never came into this particular thread if there had been no AUDIO tape to work with. To difficult without one.

I will step up on LE issues whenever I feel the need or just because I CAN and slug it out with whoever I choose too. It's my right.

My perspectives and 49's differed without question. Two perspectives from opposite ends of the Country.

Based on 49's last posting, I would simply conclude his unblemished record, not coming across corruption, not having to arrest a fellow cop and limited exposure to Internal Affairs issues, tells me he works for a department that doesn't have too many issues. THAT is a good thing. Wish I could of worked at a place like that.

I can tell you 49 if this posting took place say 15 years ago and BOTH of us were on this website, I WOULD of been standing RIGHT next to you, JD and some others would be hammering me too. I guarantee that.

There was a time I would defend LE to the death, almost to a fault. NOT anymore.

My record is not unblemished. My record is tainted as a result of retaliation for arresting some with badges or connected to the political world who had money and influence. Some of them are just as evil and dirty as the gang bangers I arrested. OH WELL!!!

Were my fellow cops the line dogs the crooks, I am speaking with those I worked side by side with, NO it was the brass who were the true crooks at the end of the day.

My posting of that link at iepolitics was for anyone to read and see for themselves on that issue. Just the tip of a large iceberg too!

Anyways I was so loyal to the line troops and focused on my job, I wasn't paying close attention to much of the corruption because it was above me. I worked graveyard most of my career, so I wasn't around the brass to often.

In some respects I was stupid and naive. In other aspects, I was just plain refusing to admit there was a DEEP rooted problem. My bad.

LIKE I was stupid and naive when I became a moderator at Predator Masters. Lesson learned on that one too. My ass is still growing back.

So if one is not experienced on certain issues even though he is part of the system, they might walk into an ambush at some point in time.

We have soldiers who have served, but never been in actual combat. ARE they in a position to talk about combat operations? Many say they are.

We have many coyote hunters on this website. Are they really experienced coyote hunters? Many say they are.

I worked with cops who NEVER worked the streets. Are they really able to talk about corruption and how to deal with people like the kid who was OC carrying and the situation that unfolded? Many will tell you they are.

The real answer is YES to all. But the reality is someone out there at some point MIGHT take them to task and call BULLSHIT on what they are saying. They might be right, they might be wrong in their comments.

Feelings will be hurt, folks will be pissed. SUCH is life. Guess you can shake hands at the end of the discussion or continue to hate the topic or the poster.

ONE thing that in reality is cool about this website is, you can slug it out if you choose too.

We know this thread would have been locked down and some banned at other locations. A PERFECT example of why political correctness is destroying our great Country.

The YEA we know it's wrong and things are going bad but we CAN'T say it out loud because it will UPSET someone. FUCK that!!!

I lurked here since I registered in 2008. When I registered here for the most part, it was to fuck with Redfrog when he came over playing his silly little games.

Since that time I spent my time reading some pretty good stuff and picking up some pretty good information on coyote hunting.

Many topics I simply refused to read for too long. THIS one got my attention.

I make no apologies AT THIS time to 49. I don't dislike him in anyway. I respect his passion on the subject matter.

For those who don't like what I said or how I said it, you can tell me about it if you ever meet me.

I know one thing. If I had ever gone to a Huntmasters get together early on, I'd have been sitting around the campfire listening to the old hats tell their war stories and had little to say unless asked.

Good luck 49 till you get to retire. Stay safe, keep doing what your doing. STAY PROUD!!!

--------------------
I am 5'10",an asshole 220% for sure. Former dirty deed doer for PM. Corrupt too! My name is Festus.

JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 09:15 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you guys leave me alone, t-bag made a post and I responded the same way I would if anyone else would've made that post. Sheeesh! Quit pickin on me, you mean bastards.

49........WTF...are you my therapists now or something?

Anyway 49.....quit your damn whining, nobody thinks your a crooked cop and nobody hates you because you're LE and nobody hates LE just for the sake of hating LE (well maybe LB)

You have your opinions and we have ours.....so....are you saying that you're so much better than us lowly ignorant civies that you would be insulted to have to hang out here with us in our ignorance and unfounded opinions?

I think YOU should look in the mirror and realize that just because we choose to look objectively at LE without feeling the need to stick up for anyone it doesn't make us idiots, you aren't the only one with an education and integrity, I feel as though you have insinuated that the rest of us here have no integrity, and arent smart enough to have an opinion, maybe you don't like what I've said to t-bag in the past....too bad.....but you are NOT the only person in the world who sticks up for their buddies or conducts themselves with integrity or has an education or is qualified to have an opinion and share that opinion in public.

Personally, I hope you stay but if you choose to go because of ANY of the bullshit reasons you just posted then I would say that I misjudged you.

49, I think your view is jaded but I also believe you ARE indeed a man of integrity and a good cop and the kind of friend that would always be there in a pinch.........but you're not my thereapist .....my therapist committed suicide years ago [Smile]

--------------------
Jason

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 10:11 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
"But I understand there are strong feelings regarding law enforcement here, and it is easy to get people to jump on the anti- BAD LE bandwagon."

Fixed it for you, maybe one day you'll understand.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 10:53 AM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn Jason YOU are a hard man, HARDER than WOODPECKER lips. LOL!!!!

I'll only screw with you when I am behind the keyboard. NEVER in person. To afraid of the ass whoopin I'd recieve.

YEA 49 I gotta agree with JD at least once.

NO reason to leave!!!! Besides I am wrong and don't know what I am talking about. WERE even.

If I thought you were a crook I'd tell you here in this open forum, tell you to FO and then say I'll see you at the campout and we can knuckle down.

Then when I get into trouble with everyone I could claim "post tramatic stress". YEA that's what I'd say.

Don't leave because of me for sure. I'll be happy to leave before you do.

[ May 24, 2011, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Ken ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 11:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the same old story. Because of policy, what you say is yours to defend, management can stick it's nose in, on one side of the issue or another, but at the end of the day, you have to own your words, MANO E MANO.

Now, I hate to see things get personal. I have always believed in discussing issues with vigor and I guess my hot blooded heritage occasionally offends. I am a strong believer in "devil's advocate" since I like a good debate for the stimulation it offers. Memo to smithers; I get a half chub from it.

I'm going to be pissed if 49 sneaks off, so be warned. You represent an institution and seem willing to do it.

Are we really THAT hostile toward law enforcement? Unusually hostile? Maybe those you are in contact with are sugar coating the particulars of the "US VERSUS THEM" situations? I see unvarnished honest opinion.

Nobody likes a bossy cow, and especially somebody with the authority to toss your ass in jail, if they are in a bad mood. We thought you could handle it and let it roll off your back. It's not personal, at risk of repeating myself.

Have we beat this issue to death, or what?

gh/lb

and solved nothing, but everybody got to say their piece, nobody was banned and no deletes, no moderating bullshit, and we took no prisoners. Good job.

[ May 24, 2011, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 11:34 AM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
LB I must be honest. I am trying in a desperate way to get a special title below my name.

Maybe something along the lines of BALL BUSTER vs FUZZ BUSTER. But's it's true I have busted the FUZZ.

On a serious note, AMEN to what you said.

[ May 24, 2011, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Ken ]

--------------------

G.T.
HIGHLY OPINIONATED PRICK
Member # 3827

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 12:10 PM      Profile for G.T.           Edit/Delete Post 
re: my comments on this post directed at Ken.

I would like to apologize. I'm sure that one of the prerequisites of being a PMS backroom boy is that you turn deviant.......at least temporarily.

I know you've apologized or at least tried to make things right over that issue and have admitted to mistakes and made an attempt to mend fences and move on.

That PMS backroom shithole can really fuck up some otherwise good people. I know that Nikonut had to muster up the courage to get the hell out of there then face the music to all the victims of PMS shenanigisms.

FUCK YOU PMS, how that cess pool of non talent still can pay for bandwidth is beyond me. Oh yea, I know you "non profit" boys have advertising revenue coming in to pay the bills, probably enough to stick some $$$ in your pockets, too, right, fellows?

LB, I just noticed my moniker. I would prefer that you change it to "highly opinionated do gooder"

Thank You in advance

[ May 24, 2011, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: G.T. ]

Posts: 16 | From: Tuscon, AZ | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 12:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Geeze, I wish I could remember that little episode, 10 years ago in PMS? Somebody did something that the braintrust didn't like and you were like; man, let me at him, LB is gonna get his just desserts, if he did this foul deed I will take care of him!

But, I didn't do what was suspected, so I hid in the closet until I got hungry, but you never showed up. Later, two separate cases of amnesia, and we don't even remember anything about it, except I, your willingness to perhaps teach me a lesson. We talked about it, remember?

I thought you were the "enforcer"? Like in hockey? The one designated to even things up and so what if he sits in the penalty box for a while, others were better at offense and defense. You were the muscle.

Something like that, I think? I might fall down the stairs. BWAHAHAHA. What you got to say to that, eh? [Smile]

gh/lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 12:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
GT, let me think about it.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 01:14 PM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
GT no apology needed my friend. If you had taken away money from me, or harmed my family as a result of ANYTHING that happened, then I'd simply kill you upon finding you.

THAT did not happen, so no harm no foul even though you are posting under a screen name.

No application was filled out or "I swear to alligance" when I signed up at PM. Randy Reeves called me the night I signed on. There was a message in his words, I DID NOT pick up on them at the time. Again MY mistake.

YES I toot my horn, but YES I will admit I screwed up too!!!

I just did not know the bigger "picture" and the history of certain situations that involved certain people.

BLIND LOYALTY to ANY organization at sometime in your life MIGHT bite you in the ass. It did me, not only at PM but in law enforcement.

But I must put on my "big boy" pants and deal with it the best I can. That is what most REAL men do.

MAKE NO MISTAKE, there are just a couple from PM former STAFF, that if WE EVER cross paths, I will be in their face and hope to GOD they show their BALLS and talk smack as they did behind the keyboard.

The ONLY thing I could think of at the time was to apologize publicly and privately to a few who was victimized by my "new sheriff in town" attitude.

Thank you for the words none the less.

I have seen your recent postings here. I will not say they are unjustified or without merit.

I will not comment on those posting one way or another.

All I will say is I believe you are preaching to the choir.

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 02:35 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ken, along with what 32 said, when you're raised in this country, you just accept them as a way of life. The ones that do a lot of damage should get a name, like a hurricane, because when you look at one, or the aftermath, you begin to think of them almost as if they have a mind of their own - like thy were a nafarious, evil living thing while they were here.

But, even at that, I'll take a twister over an earthquake, landslide, wildfires, or hurricanes any day. For us natives, tornadoes are a spectator sport, thus the line in that song a couple years ago, "grab a six pack and a lawn chair, there's a tornado comin'"

It's a redneck thing. As far as losiong everything? Yep, if your windows go, the microshards of glass ruin all your clothes, your funiture, your everything. We keep our good stuff in the basement, the best stuff in plastic totes and fire safes, and pay the State Farm guy every month.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 02:49 PM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Cdog, those who sit on a lawn chair with a 6 pack and say a tornado's coming NO BIGGY, have my respect.

--------------------

Patterson
19.6 miles down the Yellow Brick Road from THE EMERALD CITY
Member # 3304

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 02:50 PM      Profile for Patterson   Email Patterson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope all you Oklahoma guys are safe. Bunch of tornadoes already on the ground in the last few hours.

Our turn tonight. I still have yet to see a tornado so they still facinate me and I want to see one. I dont want to see people get hurt or lives taken away but i like to witness the awesome forces in nature and tornadoes have eluded me.

If one is close enough for me to catch and take pictures of I will go after it. So far in 3 years no such luck.

Again hoping everyone is safe down there.

Posts: 236 | From: Kansas | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters