The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Huntmasters "Inner Circle" (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Huntmasters "Inner Circle"
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2011 03:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It was me. I passed them around, I don't think I have an more, but it was only a few to start with. I know my grandson Robbie got one, maybe Aaron, too?

Vic, thanks for the information but you could supply a lot more, if you had a mind. You people may not believe it, but Vic is very shy. I'm serious. He's a good man though. Hey do you want to meet us up in northern Nevada? I know you have hung it up, but you might have a good time.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2011 04:19 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Im sitting here now, with a pending tornado watch until 10pm, a nice welcome for a desert rat into the gulf coast:)
Hey, found my first snake here the other day, a cottonmouth, better known as a water moccasion, ugly sonofabitch for sure, just looked mean nasty.
The upside is, it's a paradise for the airgunner, Ive popped half a dozen squirells with my sons pellet rifle, more plentiful than jackrabbits back home!

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2011 05:40 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was you but, wasn't sure. I did give Tim a box of videos and calls I found that were left over from Back Outdoor Supplies. I think I found some more if you or someone would like them. I'm certainly not going to use them.

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2011 05:53 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Chris; I snagged about half that box Tim had, and I can't tell you how happy a whole bunch of kids were to get their hands on some calls, both predator and turkey, as well as handing out some of the videos to accquaintances I know, who had an interest in predator hunting.
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2011 07:35 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Vic, I'll dig out what I have left and give them to you if you still know kids who'd like them.

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2011 07:38 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I stand corrected. That was the Coffee Shop. One of the first boards I hit and I believe it was there that I met Higgins and he called me, we talked, and he invited me here. I was at Sporting Adventures, too, but never mde it to Shade Tree.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2011 11:42 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Connell runs TxPP... wasn't Bob Davis "Evil Bob" from Califonia?

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 07:55 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew I had the Bobs' mixed up; thanks for the correction Krusty....yep; Banzi Bob as Bruce used to call him.
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 08:16 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Bob Connell runs TxPP... wasn't Bob Davis "Evil Bob" from Califonia?"
--------------------------------
Bob Connell does run the Texas predator posse board. Predator Posse's Bob Davis lived in Sturgis, South Dakota.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 08:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with the corrected info. I thought what Vic wrote didn't seem right, but he is so seldom wrong? And, yes, Bob Davis is the big promoter up in Sturgis. One of the conditions of handing over his membership to PM was that he would not create another message board targeting predators and predator hunters. Of the four parties involved in that agreement, two are deceased, Wil Craig and Bruce Kennedy, leaving myself and Bob Davis as the only persons with knowledge of the strictly verbal agreement.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 10:09 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Of the four parties involved in that agreement, two are deceased, Wil Craig and Bruce Kennedy, leaving myself and Bob Davis as the only persons with knowledge of the strictly verbal agreement.

So then you went back on your word!!!! Hmmmm

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 10:41 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
TA, although your reply was made in jest, I will correct you, nonetheless. Leonard stated he was privy to the agreement, not a party to the agreement.
IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 02:56 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
TA17Rem ,
Read Leonard's post real slow. Well maybe JD could read it for you? Bob Davis made the promise, NOT Leonard. [Confused]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 04:06 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Vic,

Where on the Gulf Coast did you end up?? And yes, the weather can get ugly here..just think: hurricane season is less than 3 months away!

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 04:11 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Im up in the panhandle Del; Destin,FWB area, a little hamlet called Crestview, about 20 miles north of the redneck rivera:)
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 04:39 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember Dave and LB from the Go-Go days, though I might suspect earlier than 1997 a bit. Maybe not.

Hard to say, those were some busy times.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 06:31 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Gotcha, Vic. You're just north of Eglin. I've never hunted Eglin. My father and brothers have..last I knew it was 'shotgun only', which is one reason I was never terribly excited about hunting it. You're right close to 'bama, though, and I've hunted 'bama before. We used to hunt it back in the mid to late '70's. And I was up there a few times last year. 'bama's got good huntin, that's for sure. As far as north FL, you're a few hours out of Apalachicola Nat'l Forest. I've never hunted there. Most of my hunting has been in Ocala N. F. and Camp Blanding, a National Guard base near Starke, which is SW of Jacksonville. If I can do anything at all to help you with anything, lemme know.

I seem to remember my brother saying something when he was going to Auburn University about him and some of his posse heading down to Panama City on spring break back in the day. He attended the College of Forestry, and those ol' boys liked to party. The area around Auburn was dry, and they used to make a run over to Columbus and get a keg and take it back and have a 'keg party' out in the woods somewhere. The professors attended, too. Those 'bama boys are real serious about their hunting..that they are.

[ March 06, 2011, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2011 06:41 PM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Vic, please shoot me an email sometime.

Jasonrbruce@thenpha.com

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
honestjohn
Knows what it's all about
Member # 2651

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2011 01:23 PM      Profile for honestjohn   Email honestjohn         Edit/Delete Post 
The wife and I went on vacation week before last to Panama Beach,the weather was great that week,the sand was white as sugar,glad we left before the bad weather.Sounds like we were not far from where you guys are talking about.
Posts: 14 | From: Waco, TX | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2011 01:39 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Panama City is about 65 miles SE of where Vic is.

[ March 07, 2011, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2011 02:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent a hell of a lot of time at Eglin and Hurlburt Field during the Cuban Missile Crisis, if anybody remembers that little bit of history? Six months, in fact.

Air Force had a mock up village at Hurlburt for what was called the Air Commandos, at the time. Lots of supposed Guatemalan airplanes like B25's and Thunderbolts. That deal lasted a lot longer than the public knew. I don't think any other U.S. Army has been TDY in the State of Florida, before or since. They rotated me right from Germany to El Paso and then spent the night traveling to Eglin after Kennedy did his speech. On civilian flights, with civilians on board, as far as New Orleans then we switched to 141's and 124's into Elgin and stayed at their yacht club for a couple weeks and after, their BOQ. The whole time, there was an information black out, not even family was supposed to know where we were. As far as I have been able to find out, nobody else has ever been subjected to censoring of mail home, since WWII. Got all the tropical inoculations before we left, made out a will.

My friends, that was a scary time. More than you will ever know. Some day, I may write about what I remember, if it's okay, but it might not be?

Oops, here come the black helicopters!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2011 03:26 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
DUL GUE
I also hunt the Ocala area and was just down there picking up gator mounts.
you hunting the nation forest or on a lease ?
my family is in St. Augustine and Jacksonville near Cecil field

trying to get down there this month for turkey .

[ March 07, 2011, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: George Ackley ]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2011 04:15 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
I hunted the national forest. Last year in 'bama my brother belonged to a lease and I went up there a few times with him hunting. I haven't hunted Ocala in a while. After my mom died in late '03 I didn't hunt for a spell. Then in 2008 my brother and I went on a guided elk hunt in Montana. We didn't get anything, but it was, how shall I say, an interesting experience. Then late 2009=early 2010 we hunted on that lease he belonged to in 'bama. Fall of 2010 I didn't do much, as I was dealing with a 'situation', shall we say, and my motivation was non-existent. We'll see what happens this year..the jury is still out. I'd like to try to get to Glacier on vacation this summer. I haven't been to Montana in a while, and I'm due. I'm considering another rifle, but maybe not. I'm pretty happy with my Savage .25-06 and 7mm Mag and my Tikka .30-06. There's just something about that .25-06 that makes me feel, well, content.

[ March 07, 2011, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2011 07:20 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Del....my ex's family ranched in the Wildwood area. Used to go down there once a year for their family reunion. We always did some hog hunting when I was down there. I used to trade dogs with her cousins. They also had a place in Salt Springs. Really neat country. They have since sold all their land holdings and moved to Al. I sure miss her family....lol.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2011 07:27 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
crossj
Funny that you said Wildwood, that's were my taxidermist is that did my gator's .
For me Florida is turning out to be my new top 4 destination for hunting.

[ March 07, 2011, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: George Ackley ]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters