The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Wrapped up my longline (lol) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Wrapped up my longline (lol)
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 01:22 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
"Tlb this brings up a valid point. Why are you guys allowed to have opinions about law enforcement when you aren't involved in police work? Why am I not allowed to have an opinion about certain types of hunting because I don't have experience with these types?"

Why did you spend the first 6 months here showing us videos and pointing out how cops have our best interest at heart?

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 01:31 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why did you spend the first 6 months here showing us videos and pointing out how cops have our best interest at heart?

Cuz it was fun. [Wink]
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 02:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I still say, you guys need a beer summit. Or, the octagon.

Good hunting. LB

PS, 49, everybody has an opinion about L.E. Because a fair share of the contact is negative, traffic citations, etc. Sure, they come in handy when someone breaks into the house, but that doesn't happen often, versus those cs tickets.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 02:07 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
PS, 49, everybody has an opinion about L.E. Because a fair share of the contact is negative, traffic citations, etc. Sure, they come in handy when someone breaks into the house, but that doesn't happen often, versus those cs tickets.
Understood Leonard.

I will cease and desist if you want.

[ January 13, 2011, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 03:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't ask you to do that. I'm just saying, for a lot of people, their contact is negative, even if they are otherwise a fine upstanding citizen. You L.E. guys understand that. And, that's why you generally seek out others in the same line of work. Just about the highest rate of divorce and suicide and nobody understands. I get it.

I'm not requesting anybody to cool their jets, I'm just stepping in here trying to help, if I can. If you people can iron things out, as long as the conversation keeps going, there's hope and at least a small insight into other ways of looking at things.

Come on, trading digs about friggin' dogs is not going to solve anything. Most people like dogs; I know I do. But, I'd just as soon shoot a mean dog as look at him. This is man's best friend, not the Hound of the Baskervilles.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 06:47 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
" I'd just as soon shoot a mean dog as look at him."

I'm all for that. Just the mailman in me coming out. LOL

BTW, took delivery of a new EBR today. Wanted to get one before the revolution begins. Gonna leave it black for a while.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 07:26 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
"Cuz it was fun."

As bad as I hate to admit it, it is fun. Beats the heck out of tv. [Big Grin]

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 07:27 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Cdude, whad'ya get?
32below
Member # 2075

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 08:39 PM      Profile for 32below   Email 32below         Edit/Delete Post 
Ain’t a mail man but I have the same attitude as Lance. Last time I got bit I was delivering an easement check to a farmer. His wife was the only one home and their mutt took exception with me being there. I got the last laugh however as he had to sit down and lick his butt to get the taste outta his mouth.
Posts: 100 | From: SW Kansas | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
Unofficial AGENT PROVOCATEUR
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 09:37 PM      Profile for Briguy           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm trying to figure out. Are we saying that if a guy is on stand rotating with the caller over his head, and I don't agree with that method, but I've never done it that way, I can't bag on the guy? Say it isn't so!!!
Posts: 94 | From: El Desierto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 09:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You have a point.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 10:04 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaah the old double standards. Its ok if he does, [Roll Eyes] but not ok if someone else does it..

As for the dogs, love shooting them as much as coyotes... [Big Grin]

[ January 13, 2011, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5075 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 11:06 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing wrong with stating things you disagree with, for example...I think TA should be permanently banned from the WWW in all English speaking countries for the simple fact that he spews so much meaningless bullshit that anyone who reads one of his posts needs to go through a week of therapy to regain all their lost IQ points, it`s been reported that people who read too many of his posts have been seen mumbling & stumbling around aimlessly trying to figure out how to spell their own names & wondering if punctuation marks really have any purpose, if he continues much longer the AMA will have to label the adverse effects as some sort of syndrome like T.A.S. (total asshat syndrome}

Other side effects include sawing off the barrel of your shotgun so you can use it to shoot deer, tucking your pants into your boots, sewing patches on your jacket, holding your caller above your head & turning it 360 degrees on a stand, trying to fit your head up your ass while you post on hunting forums.....there are volumes yet to be written about this syndrome so be careful out there on the WWW you just never know when you`ll stumble across one of his posts & end up with a lower IQ or worse.

Anyway, I like to hear why people approve of things or DONT approve. Dogs are always a touchy subject but that`s OK.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2011 11:37 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
JD (just a dick) I suppose we could take up a collection to help cover youre therapy sessions, not that its going to help any..

Since you mentioned it. whats wrong with sawing off part of a shotgun barrel to make it easier to handle in thick brush or make it lighter????
Yeh I tuck my pants legs in on the one style of boots I have.. Makes it easier to pull the side zipper up and thats also how they are to be worn... I suppose I could wear them like the cowboys do and tuck one pants leg in and leave other one out..LOL

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5075 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 04:50 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nick,
You're right, that 1st one was pretty much a 'shot', so I take it back. Was trying to make a point via inference & shoulda just out & stated my case with tact instead.

So, with the spirit of the comradarie of Leonard's board in mind, I owe ya a beer, to boot.

b.t.w.
I've got a PA license if ya ever wanna hold me to it, after a couple stands [Wink]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 09:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, everybody sing along: WE ARE THE WORLD.............

edit: you must be somewhat chummy? I didn't know his name was NICK.

[ January 14, 2011, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 01:08 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh Leonard it took you all this time? LOL. [Razz]

Sounds good Fred. I'm not a beer drinker but I like's my Bacardi.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 01:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
FRED?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 01:17 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Knockemdown.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 02:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That was a JOKE. You L.E. types are a little slow on the upswing. I ain't that dense. Not quiet.

Good hunting. LB

edit: that's a joke, too! ^

[ January 14, 2011, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 02:42 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Must be a west coast thing. [Big Grin]
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 03:15 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
That's not quiet right, Fred knows everyone from Jersy is named Nick or Dom, he just got lucky. [Big Grin]
Briguy
Unofficial AGENT PROVOCATEUR
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 04:04 PM      Profile for Briguy           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I know LB has his "okay to jack a thread" policy, but when we spin it to a TA bash, it should stay a TA bash...just sayin'.

Also, you all working out your differences and getting all sensative is turing this thread in a real SNOOZER...

No Tim slappin', no controversy, no animosity...what's next, no actual coyote huntin as a major topic of conversation? Oh, wait, what am I saying...

Alright, kidding...will say that I have never had the pleasure of working over really good dogs in any situation. It's always fascinated me, and I do have a couple black labs I thought would make good birders, but just never had the patience to get them there. Might have to put that one on my bucket list.

Posts: 94 | From: El Desierto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 04:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's almost as if Berry is moderating, huh?

I think, if I ever get another dog, it will be a coon hound. I love the ears and the voice and the attitude.

Good hunting. LB

Thanks for doing your job, bri

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2011 04:54 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Calm down, 49 is an idiot for being so closed minded.

That better?

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters