The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » New Year, no more Okie bashing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Year, no more Okie bashing
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2010 04:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Popular and informative, but politically incorrect.

I've dumped all insensitive comments about Okies. They are people, just like us. Don't be mean any more. I won't; maybe they will come back?

We love you guys!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31467 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2010 04:34 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
does that meen us Meenesotans too [Smile]
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2010 04:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a chance!

I'm gonna lean on you'uns pretty hard. Best thing you can do is move, with no forwarding address. Anywhere but N.J. since they will be next. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2010 05:16 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Rock on LB. Happy New Year to all.

Stay after them
Kelly

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2010 05:21 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year, to almost everyone.
IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2010 07:05 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
"Happy New Year, to almost everyone."

Classic Dan. LOL

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 10 posted December 31, 2010 09:52 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Years!

Hey Dan... did you wish Redfrog a Happy Birthday yet? Today was his birthday!!!!

His Dad should have let that pond scum run down his leg! [Razz]

IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2011 04:11 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anywhere but N.J. since they will be next.

LOL can't wait Leonard.

Suggestion for a new year's resolution...you redo everyone's title. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2011 05:26 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
"Happy New Year, to almost everyone."

Dan, that was so good I wish I had thought of it!!

Anyway, I wish y'all a Happy and prosperous New Year, with good times and good stands in abundance!

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2011 07:49 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy new year to all!.

2010 finished off in a good way for me - the last few days spent hunting with my son.
We shot his new longbow so much yesterday that I'm starting off the new year a bit on the stiff side. It's a good hurt.

Had a kick-assed gathering in the shop last night with a couple of hunting families that are camped in the neighborhood. Several types of steaks, asparagus, mushrooms, cheesey potatoes, salt-water taffy and beer for desert...
All but the beer and taffy cooked on the grill or the wood stove.

Just to throw the Okies here a bone - look at the bright side - some of us live even farther east.

For the Mn. crowd - don't let ole LB fool yah. If my memory serves me correctly he is one of your state's stellar sons. Has strayed a little bit, but he's one of yours.

Happy new year to all. I hope all of ours' continue the way mine has started.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2011 08:12 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, i think Leonard would fit in just great in either Anoka or Hennepin county [Eek!]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2011 09:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I could patrol from Lake Nakomis to Hiawatha and down the creek to the Mississippi, mostly spearing carp. We used to walk behind Minnehaha Falls, kind of like they did in The Last of The Mohicans. The pool under the falls was full of fish, we used to wade in there up to our armpits with big fish bumping into our legs, reaching out like a blind man, attempting to spear them. A regular Huck Finn.

One time, I kicked something very sharp, forgot about it and also the fact that the family was scheduled to leave for two weeks of fishing, up north. When I got home, got chewed out and forgot about that wound in my shin. A week later I had developed blood poisoning with red lines going up my leg. Somehow, I survived? I always appreciated the freedom I was allowed. Nowadays, can't stand rules and regulations. I'm sort of a rebel, in that department.

It was a good place to grow up, but as for sophistication, from a west coast perspective, those Minn. relatives, coming out to the coast on vacation....dreadful hicks! Kind of like that bit Johnny Carson used to do, a northwoods type deer hunter with a red plaid hat with earmuffs. Seemed like all their cars had mudflaps with red reflectors. Almost embarassing to have them park in front of the house. Not cool, for sure! Flyover Country, for sure.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2011 11:07 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, and we got Al "the freak"Franken so there. come up to Minn. with TA or me... we'll teach ya how to "Rat Patrol" some coyotes. you buy the gas [Razz]
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2011 10:36 AM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
You've been bashing Okies? I guess I've been gone too long. I never even noticed.
Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2011 11:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....uh, no wasn't me! Might have been someone else? But, it's the perception of Okie bashing that's what we need to deal with. Perception is reality for some.

Nope, never bashed an Okie in my lif, in fact some of my best friends is Okies. There is absolutely no basis for any sort of legal action.

In fact some of my best friends is Okies. Did I mention that?

Take care, El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2011 01:14 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, If you'd come around once in a while Brad, you'd know what was said about you and the rest.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2011 01:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
NOTHING! NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOTHING! NO PROOF, IT'S ALL GONE, AMIGO!

Cal, you have to be real careful what you say to, or about a lawyer. They ain't normal.

OMG! I did it again! Just forget it, I didn't mean it. Okies? Good peeps. Mostly.

Happy New Year!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2011 03:15 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Brad give me a call and I'll fill you in...

ElBee my wife's monitor went out and she's been borrwing mine till her new one comes in. Being the end of the year, I haven't been on the computer much, cause if hers blew up while I was on it, you picking on okies would be the last thing I would worry about.

Carry on.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters