The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » best quotes on the net, let's hear them

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best quotes on the net, let's hear them
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2010 04:27 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so it never seems to end, the shit that people actually post on the net involving predator calling. I recently came across two quotes that leave me shaking my head. Woth a couple of laughs.

#1 And I quote as found: "Try scattering some rotten eggs around thier scat. Rotten eggs creates a smell that sexually stimulates them and should help to get them to come into the area a little more frequently". [Roll Eyes]

In this quote, them = coyotes.

#2) "Maybe the bullet did not have time to get up to full speed." [Eek!]

This quote comes from a conversation where a guy shot a coyote with a .223 55 psp at about 130 yards and didn't get a pass through, and soomeone replied the above quote. REALLY!!

Post'em up, I'm sure there's been a few other funny nuggets that others have read on the all knowing net.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2010 04:37 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
'ACTUALLY, I WOULD GIVE BOTH NUTS TO BE ON SOMEONES PRO-STAFF". [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2010 10:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wail sheet, why dint you say so? I can fix that!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2010 10:37 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha ha ha ha. [Smile]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2010 07:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
How about: "The 17 Remington is capable of putting them down with authority, at 500 yards"

I just made it up, but I've read it plenty.

Good hunting. LB

edit: However, for an endless source of really good outrageous stuff, there's only one place you need to look.
PMS, of course!

[ December 28, 2010, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2010 08:37 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
V.H. 2010 Mr. coyote

[Big Grin]

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2010 08:38 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
The one that sends me in to an absolute tailspin is :

"The bullet was traveling too fast to have time to expand and just penciled through."

That one is very common on the deer hunting pages.

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2010 08:40 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Quote:

#1 And I quote as found: "Try scattering some rotten eggs around thier scat. Rotten eggs creates a smell that sexually stimulates them and should help to get them to come into the area a little more frequently". [Roll Eyes]

Does that work for human females?

Briguy
Unofficial AGENT PROVOCATEUR
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2010 03:03 PM      Profile for Briguy           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude: "Yea, I don't like the XXXXXX rifles. I had one and only managed to get one 1/2" group out of mine. The others were all 1.25". The 1/2" was just a lucky grouping."

Me: "So, you're telling me that on the 1/2" group you shot, you just happened to flinch it just right?"

Dude: "Yep"

Posts: 94 | From: El Desierto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2010 03:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
But. That's how matches are won. Sorta

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2010 06:03 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Happens all the time. Flyers can go INTO the group just as well as they can go out. That's how "the one great group" happens. And from that day forward, the guy thinks that if only he could "just do HIS part" the rifle would shoot groups like that all the time.

I guess "When I do my part" is just a bit too tired for this thread, huh?

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2010 07:05 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'm a little burned out because I seldom go to other sites. You just don't hear stupid blather over here. Speaking of this, I think I'll log into PM to check my mail. I do that once every two or three of months.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 6 posted December 29, 2010 08:25 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Pick up my mail while you're there! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2010 08:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't think we get stupid shit here, you aren't looking hard enough, AZ. I chalk it up to advanced age and extreme cold resulting in our first case of cabin fever.

Good hunting. LB

PS Dave, I think "if I do my part" is perfect.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2010 08:51 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Best advice I could give you is to not listen to anyone here, myself included"
Instant gem...
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2010 03:08 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember who said it but one of the best internet quotes I remember was directed towards one of the internet experts and went something like this; "If I had your experience, I would be asking the questions rather than answering them."

One the silliest things I've read was by some goofball at PMS(not surprising). He recommended taking some live chickens out to the woods at night along with several buddies armed with shotguns. Get the chickens cackling and when you hear the coyotes running in turn on the light and start blazing away.

[ December 29, 2010, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Lonny ]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2011 05:31 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing I read was some guy whose tag line was, "I want to be the man my dog thinks I am." At first I thought it was funny and cute, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how true it was.

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
GC
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3718

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2011 02:37 PM      Profile for GC   Email GC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't remember who said it but one of the best internet quotes I remember was directed towards one of the internet experts and went something like this; "If I had your experience, I would be asking the questions rather than answering them."
Damn, that's a good one! [Smile]
Posts: 45 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters