The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » White coveralls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: White coveralls
Mert Bargenquast
Knows what it's all about
Member # 772

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2010 04:31 PM      Profile for Mert Bargenquast           Edit/Delete Post 
Who makes a good quality medium weight white coverall? I have a pair of heavy weight Cabelas and they are just too bulky and warm. I would like them to be insulated and with or without a hood. Thanks.

--------------------
Mert Bargenquast

Posts: 40 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2010 05:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No idea? But, I acquired a set of ultralight nylon white camo, my last trip up north. They are Canadian Army surplus and can be warn over just about anything. They have a few random gray stains to make you look like dirty snow. Very versatile. But, I don't know where to get them?

So, you don't want too warm? Never heard of such a thing! I get cold, no matter what, or how much I have on. I do not handle cold weather very well.

Good luck with your search. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2010 07:12 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Try checking out painting supply companys. They might have what you're looking for. Tyvec (sp?) makes a disposable white coverall that would probably last a few times.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 10 posted December 16, 2010 07:56 PM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
Get the real lighweight painters ones, get a big size. keep yer warm duds underneath, two different garmets
Posts: 322 | From: Wild West | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Clank
Member # 3687

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2010 07:34 PM      Profile for Clank           Edit/Delete Post 
Gamehide makes a pull over that i use for snow camo. They did at one time make it in all white . Found it at farm supply cost was about $25.
Posts: 45 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2010 09:10 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a surplus and junk guy myself.

I wear "Trousers, Snow, Camouflage, White" US surplus pants over whatever level of warmth I need underneath. A cotton and nylon blend that is water repellent, has a zipper and snap, along with an additional drawstring at the waist and each leg.

The upper 1/2 gets covered with an off-white jacket that I bought at K-Mart in 1980. I wore it for a casual coat for about a year and then relegated it to snow camo exclusively after that.
The coat is still wearing well after 30 years, but it is starting to shrink a bit......

If it is real cold I ditch that and wear an East German surplus snow camo "poncho" over the necessary upper clothing. White with blotches of drab greens and brown.

We just don't get enough snow cover and I don't find myself in enough situations needing snow camo for me to bust loose with enough green to buy any of the new high-tech stuff.

[ December 18, 2010, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: JoeF ]

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2010 10:21 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The coat is still wearing well after 30 years, but it is starting to shrink a bit......

Now that's funny Joe!!! Seems to happen alot from my personal experience! [Big Grin]

Nikonut

IP: Logged
pitw
Member # 3685

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2010 08:22 AM      Profile for pitw           Edit/Delete Post 
I have what Leonard was talking about and the great advantage of them is you can take them off if the snow leaves. I mean there are times when white is perfect for a set but other times other colors would be better. This makes them versatile and like others stated you just dress for the weather under them.
Posts: 31 | From: Alberta | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lungbuster
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2010 09:08 AM      Profile for Lungbuster           Edit/Delete Post 
I wear King's camo. It works well, what I like best about it is that it's water-proof so my ass doesn't get wet from sitting in the snow.
Posts: 225 | From: Idaho | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2010 04:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
These Canadian surplus white camo is the hot ticket. The label inside says to remove it when not needed and stuff in a pocket. That gives you an idea of how handy and light weight it is, and it's perfect for up here, no doubt about it.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters