The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » New guy hello... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: New guy hello...
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 01:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
See dan, the man's link to MR CLASS' board. mention my name, it might help. bwahahaha one handed, please excuse. lb

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31466 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GC
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3718

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 02:21 PM      Profile for GC   Email GC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
GC, it's not a big deal, but why such a vague response to the question about your location? Curious.

Good hunting. LB

It isn't anything really, just didn't pay attention to that when I was registering. I guess "US" is the standard issue pre-checked for you and I didn't notice it. Yes - I do live in Missouri.

As to the good hunting part, I went this morning and made a half dozen stands with nothing to show for it. I hiked into one of my Ozark Mtn. honey holes, but the wind came up immediately at day break and was pushing 20 - 25 mph. It was good to be out anyway even if nothing furry got shot.

[ November 28, 2010, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: GC ]

Posts: 45 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 02:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. You want to get all knowed up on coyotes, look up AR Shaw, who lives in Missouri.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 05:20 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And, no, I don't know you, or get you, myself.
I dunno what makes you think I would?

Because you are an intelligent person and you have seen me post here for the past year. That's how. I figured you would realize I was joking. No big deal.

After 16 years of marriage my wife doesn't "get" me either so I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to.

Now I was already good enough to admit my mistake with you. Leave at that, my friend. Leonard says you are loyal, and loyalty goes a helluva long way in my book, especially in this day and age.

As far as Leonard saying your list is short...I think he meant that as a compliment. I could be wrong, but I guess we'll see when he gets back, if he is so inclined.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 06:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
To clarify my comments:

Krusty has a couple of folks with which he doesn't see eye to eye/a short list. Just a statement of fact. He is loyal to HM, and I appreciate that. Does he "get it" any more than average? Doubtful. Krusty used to catch a hell of a lot of flak, as a newbie. I especially remember Quinton Waggoner jumping all over him, largely justified and also somewhat mean spirited. I have ran interference for him, in the past but more recently, he has been able to hold his own quite well, I think.

I also deflect rocks being thrown at Tim Anderson, from time to time. Same deal.

Now, Krusty has a personal issue he needs to settle with me, but that has nothing to do with his interaction with anyone on the Board. He's a good member, doesn't cause trouble, still learning and he knows it, everybody knows it. He has dug out a niche as a call maker, seems to be well regarded, and is very generous with his work.

Okay, that's a thumbnail sketch, gives you an idea.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 06:39 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I also deflect rocks being thrown at Tim Anderson, from time to time. Same deal.

LOL. How do you deflect youre own rocks.
You toss them just like everyone else.. No big whoop.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5070 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 06:55 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Another Missouri ruffian, huh? (Anybody ever watch The Outlaw Josey Wales?)

GC is one of the good guys.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 06:59 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
GC What town are you close to??? I got a few relatives scattered around the state with some land that has coyotes.. They ask me from time to time to come down and hunt them but thats to far for me and the lic. is a little too spendy..

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 07:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
LOL. How do you deflect youre own rocks.
You toss them just like everyone else.. No big whoop..

Tim, don't be such a crybaby. I'm only human. I like to join the fun sometimes. No big whoop, right? We love ya, man.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

GC
Member # 3718

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 07:22 PM      Profile for GC   Email GC         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Joe! How you doing? Are you still splitting time between Illinois and Missouri? Did you go deer hunting this year in Missouri?

Tim,
I'm about 70 miles SW of St. Louis, the NE upper edge of the Ozarks.

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 07:25 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
crybaby! No just telling it as it is.. Think you got me mixed up with someone else... Yep I know how it is. Getting laughs these days is more important that friendship, just ask Shaw.. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2010 07:29 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
GC. You are to far East of them. from Kansa city to springfield is where most are located...

--------------------

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2010 06:28 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Gary, I have all but missed out on hunting in the winters of 2008/2009 and 2009/2010.
Changed jobs, changed careers, etc...
Still seriously job hunting but I'm surviving where I'm at.

I am off to a much better start this year. Been deer hunting with family a bunch and coyote trips - all in Mo.

My 14 y/o son killed a nice buck on opening weekend and we both killed does the second. College kid has deer to gnaw on for a while and my freezer is packed.

BTW, the buck killed is probably the best eating deer I've ever had.

Waiting on the deer madness to end so that I can really start calling.

GC
Member # 3718

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2010 06:48 AM      Profile for GC   Email GC         Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,
Best wishes on the new career, I wasn't aware of any of that. The job is always a huge part of our life and the stresses from that can be tremendous. Again, best wishes regarding that.

Yea, 500,000 guys trampling around for a couple weeks can make the coyotes shy for sure. For the most part in my neck of the Ozarks it is done. There will be a few muzzleloader guys in late December, but not many down here and with all the territory available it isn't hard to get away from other guys at all. After that... smooth sailing!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2010 05:34 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
GC,
Are you down by Cuba, Steelville, Salem area? I used to hunt there and the Fort LW, a bunch back in the 80's.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
GC
Member # 3718

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2010 05:48 PM      Profile for GC   Email GC         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm east of Salem by quite a bit, pretty country around there though. Did you do any good when you were hunting while here in Missouri?
Lungbuster
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2010 10:45 AM      Profile for Lungbuster           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome GC. I still appreciate all the help you gave me with my shotgun "experiment" many years ago on that other predator hunting site. Thanks.

I went back to the rifle by the way.....

Posts: 225 | From: Idaho | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2010 12:20 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
GC,

Just saw this.

I got a few coyotes and an occasional cat down south, hunting the MT forest, and around Cherryville. I mainly hunt north of Hannibal now. I'm still in MO.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
GC
Member # 3718

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2010 08:07 PM      Profile for GC   Email GC         Edit/Delete Post 
Lungbuster,
Back to the rifle? I probably go 50/50 between the two. If I hunt with someone else and can get them to use a rifle, then I will nearly always take a shotgun. I'm still learning about them, shotguns aren't as simple as they might first appear (as we know!).

Dan,
You probably have a better population of coyotes up there than I do down here in the Ozarks. As you know, hunting the big timber of the MTNF isn't the easiest place to kill predators.

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2010 08:48 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like Dan and I are neighbors.

Howdy, neighbor.

The thing that always bugs me about big woods like the MTNF is that it is hard to get anywhere w/o making a bunch of racket.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters