The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » TOP DOLLAR CATS VIDEO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TOP DOLLAR CATS VIDEO
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted August 28, 2010 09:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
http://cagingbobcats.com/

The above link should tell you everything you need to know to order this brand new and informative video by one of the top hands in the business.

Mercer Lawing has put together a complete and very informative video about the finer points of preparing bobcat pelts for market.

He has a very well designed fur shed and in the video, he shows you exactly what you need to do to get the most out of what you have.

Things like managing your resource, hunting the high country early season and dropping down later in the season when those cats have primed up.

He shows how he fleshes and uses borax and sawdust on the pelt and the specific tools he uses.

He shows you the difference between a pretty good pelt and a top dollar cat and how you can get the most out of what you have.

The segment on gland removal could be worth the price all by itself? He uses a knife under the lips that as long as I have been around, I have never seen it done? Simple stuff, but if you are used to the traditional methods, you may learn a trick or two.

He shows you exactly how to pin the legs and pick the right stretcher and shows you what a Nevada style cat looks like. He spends some time on bullet hole repair, which is definately worth all the time you spend on it.

In short, for $19.95 this is money well spent and I highly recommend it.

Good hunting. LB

[ August 28, 2010, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2010 10:28 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
LB, since I can't sleep tonight due to a serious bout with kidney stones, I took a look at the trailer and his site. Man, that guy is unbelievable. What a beautiful bunch of bobcat furs! I'll bet his video would really be great.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2010 04:17 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I met Mercer at the Az. Trapper's Convention & while I was there to B.S. with everybody, he was there to sell cage traps, so we didn't get to chat as much as I would have liked. However; he struck me as being a pretty down to earth-real deal. It would be nice if he could attend the campout.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2010 07:41 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Just ordered.

Don't get much opportunity to deal with bobcat around here, as the number of tags given in Utah each year keeps going down and I usually don't fill them all anyway. But, given the potential $$ value of each one, I figure it's a safe bet I'll learn some things from this video that will make it pay for itself many times over.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2010 08:21 AM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
In the trapping world, there have always been alot of con men over the years. Seen it all my life. Most just want to make a quite buck and they move on. I have had to deal with a few of them over the years.
But Mercer Lawing is the "REAL DEAL". His cages are #1 IMHO and they are all I use beside my own self build ones. He is always willing to help someone out and his products are all top notch.
His trail cam videos are some of the finest I have ever seen.
I have not seen his Cat handling video, but plan on it soon. I learned about handling cats 25 years ago, and i knew about the Nevada stretch many years ago. There IS a difference in fur handling and good fur handling.
Mercer will be doing a demo at the Southwest Fur Harvesters Rondy Sept 18, as well as selling his products. Come and see him first hand, you wont be disappointed.
I am proud to be able to call him a friend.
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
furhvstr
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1389

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2010 09:50 AM      Profile for furhvstr   Email furhvstr         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. What do I owe you guys?

I got your order Dave. Thank You. Will you be at the UTA in Nephi on Sept. 11? Look me up if you come down. I have yet to meet someone from LB's site that wasn't top notch.

Thanks again guys deservd or not,
ML

[ August 29, 2010, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: furhvstr ]

Posts: 144 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2010 10:21 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure if I'll make the UTA convention this year or not. I should, it's been a few years since I have made it to one and I've always had a good time when I have gone.

Probably won't know if I'm going or not until the week of.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters