The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Police Confront Open Carry Advocate (Video) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Police Confront Open Carry Advocate (Video)
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 03:48 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you guys think about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmys_9LDFec

[ March 31, 2010, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 04:39 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
The guys is trying to push the open carry laws to the limit. He should just carry in the open as he does his normal business and then see what happens. Just have the camera ready.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 04:52 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes he is out looking for trouble.
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 06:37 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for trouble? Since when is doing anything, that is not against the law looking for trouble. But you are right about someone looking for trouble, that would the stupid power hungry cop. That dumb cop didn't have a friggin clue as to whats legal. I'm proud of him for standing his ground. I don't take an ounce of shit from the cops, ever.

The cops, that one included would never ask a mexican about his green card in NM. So screw him.

[ March 31, 2010, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Dan Carey ]

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 07:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
1) I think the guy had a good reason for being there, as it was his gf getting the ticket, a half a block from her driveway.

2) I think the guy provoked the cop a little by approaching with the camera, and by the way he is armed.

3) This action was guaranteed to be viewed as a threat by the cop, who would feel threatened just by the camera, alone.

4) So, the chick drives off and the guy walks away and the cop decides to fuck with him; minus the original threat, real or imaginary.

5) Obviously called for backup. The wind made the conversation difficult for me to understand, but I assume that the cop asked why he had a handgun and for I.D.

6) Both cops lied. They ran a ribbon underneath stating that the courts have ruled that it's okay for police to lie.

That sort of did it for me. I think the man was grandstanding and asking for trouble, and he got the attention he wanted.

However, this proved how paranoid police officers can be when confronted by a weapon.

It would be humerous and interesting if they did some role playing for officer sensitivity, sort of the shoe on the other foot, where they always have the POWER, and the little people need to cower in fear. That badge is their whole life and along with it (for many of them) the average citizen should not have the means of self defense.

This always causes me to think of law enforcement as report takers, after somebody has been killed by a criminal. I always consider that I am the one responsible for my own safety and how in the hell can I protect myself unless I have the means?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 07:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What these officers should consider is that open carry is legal and should be welcomed, rather than concealed, without a permit. That's another thing the cop said. Asked if he had a "permit". That's completely bogus. I have been asked that question several times, myself and I always say yes, it's called the Bill of Rights.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 07:21 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my responses on another forum Dan.

quote:
4949shooter
Silver Membership

If the officer was going to take any type of action for his own safety he should have done so immediately, when the guy walked up on his motor vehicle stop. I would have drawn down on the guy and made him swallow a little pavement.

By following the guy and then requesting his ID, the moment of danger had already passed, and the officer no longer had concern for his safety.

I agree with the above though. The guy was a D bag and was just out looking for trouble.

Here is a link to that thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1203214

The officer in the video did not act properly. The guy with the camera in the video acted irresponsibly and in an unsafe manner by walking up to a police officer on a motor vehicle stop with an exposed weapon.

The officer doesn't know who this guy is. He could be coming to the aid of the person in the vehicle, or could be trying to distract the officer.

I also made a comment on youtube.

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 07:26 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard I agree the officers were not in the right as the moment of danger had passed and they had no more legal justification to demand the guy's ID. The officers eventually realized they were wrong and backed off.

You hit the nail on the head though...the guy most definately provoked the officer.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 07:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sort of okay with what you wrote, except for what you would do different.

I would hate to think that every time I have a holstered handgun, a passing police officer is going to feel justified in making me eat a little dirt.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 08:00 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This always causes me to think of law enforcement as report takers, after somebody has been killed by a criminal. I always consider that I am the one responsible for my own safety and how in the hell can I protect myself unless I have the means?

This statement made me recall a few facts my son just included in a term paper due in a few weeks where he has chosen Second Amendment rights for his topic. He's including a section on why anyone would want to carry a gun. Did you know that the Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no legal obligation to protect you as an individual? In fact, their obligation is to protect the public in general, but not any one individual.

Also, at any given time in this country, there are ~150,000 police officers on duty to protect 310 million people. In other words, each one of those cops is responsible for over 2,000 people.

For each of the other 1,999 people in your group, statistics show that guns are used 80 times more often for self defense than to take lives.

The presence of a handgun in the hands of a lawful gun owner is enough in nearly 98% opf encounters with attackers to thwart an otherwise dangerous situation. Furthermore, lawful gon owners discharge their weapon to harm, kill in self defense or deflect an attack in only 2% of attacks.

How about the myth that the police are better traioned to handle firearms than you and me? In truth, civilians using guns in self defense kill nearly twice as many criminals each year than do the police, and that the police were more than five times as likely to shoot an innocent person (11%) mistaken for an attacker than were legally licensed handgun owners (2%).

Just this past weekend, I was at a banquet sitting across the table from my brother who is county administrator here and I brought up the matter that the Kansas legislature is considering a bill to allow CCW carriers to carry concealed in all public buiildings heretofore considered as off limits, including courthouses and college campuses. My brother immediately lit up (career LEO) about how stupid that was to even consider such a thing. I challenegd him to find for me just one instance where a legally licenses and trained CCW carrier had shot up a public building. At the same time, I told him, I would assemble a list of instances where CCW carriers had saved the day when a criminal with a gun had started firing in a public place.

Two years ago, I was labeled by an area CO as being mentally unstable and to be considered armed and dangerous when contacted by other Wildlife & Parks LEO's simply because I disagreed with his involvement with a less than savory individual. Because I was willing to cry foul publicly, he tried to place a label on me that very effectively could have put my life in jeopardy had I had contact with another CO while hunting or any of a host of other things I do while in possession of a rifle, shotgun, or handgun.

As I have stated before, people management goes a long ways, and most new LEO's I've met fall woefully short of having enough of those skills today. Fact is, IMO, there are a lot of regular Joe's out there that have more business carrying sidearms than many of our cops do. I know that there are exceptions, but they're becoming fewer and farther between the two.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 08:19 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
49, I'm glad you ain't a game warden, surely by now someone would have fed you a bullet if you pulled on everyone who is legaly carrying.

The situation required attention but you failed.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 08:46 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I love it. That guy was absolutely right. Those cops were stumped, tried to lie their way into getting to check his ID, then were baffled that he called their bluff.

I dont think that was the smartest thing in the world to walk up and film a traffic stop, but he was within his rights. So good for him. I probably wouldnt have filmed it in the first place, but I would have handled the confrontation the same way. They were on a fishing expedition.

If they saw inside his ride, they would have freaked out. Ron Paul sticker. A gun. Two of the signs of a sure right wing extremist. If he, gasp, believed in god, he would be a full blown extremist and possible terrorist! At least according to lord Obama and our great Governor, Jay Nixon.

Make him eat some pavement. Bullshit. Thats a bully with a badge comment.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 09:03 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Quit worrying about the guy with the camera, and track down the guys carrying the bat...you know, the ones who busted out Shaws window and stole our rifles!

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 03:20 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard and Andy, that's no bully badge comment. I posted that comment on the coptalk forum of Glocktalk, and I knew it we seem out of context here. But I posted it here in the interest of HONESTY. That is how I feel and I will tell you why.

The guy went out of his way to approach the LEO on his stop. He wasn't just walking by. But what you guys need to realize is that a police officer has to have that attitude when dealing with the criminal element. This is how we stay alive, especially when alone out there and/or outnumbered. Without that attitude we become easy prey, or targets for the criminals. I have unfortunately been in a situation or two where I have been alone and have had to fight may way out of it. Having that type of attitude is what has kept me from serious harm.

Maybe you guys will understand and maybe you won't. Either way is fine with me, but you at least know why.

For the record, I have NEVER drawn down on an innocent person.

Approach me while on a stop or while I am conducting other police business when you are displaying a weapon and I will draw my own weapon. From there if you don't comply with my commands someone is gonna get proned out until I can assess the situation.

Anyone with half a brain will wait until I am done before they approach me with a weapon. This way we can have a regular conversation and I can assist people with their needs. Approaching on a traffic stop is a different story.

I am all for our second amendment rights. But we have to be smart about it.

You said it yourself Leonard...the guy deliberately provoked the cop. When he asks for the wrong attention he is eventually going to get it.

Edit for clarity.

[ April 01, 2010, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 05:31 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
49, I'm glad you ain't a game warden, surely by now someone would have fed you a bullet if you pulled on everyone who is legaly carrying.

The situation required attention but you failed.

Tom, I know you say this somewhat in jest but you are also making a point.

If I were a game warden and some guys approached me with weapons while I was on a motor vehicle stop or effecting an arrest I would have to be concerned for my own safety.

How would I know they weren't coming over to help their cousin Dilbert?

You gotta be careful out there.

Anyhoo, my post was in a certain context and was not intended to imply that I would draw down on everyone who is open carrying, as some have read into it.

But when faced with a potentially dangerous situation, and being approached by someone displaying a firearm, there are steps I and any other LEO would have to take to ensure our own safety.

My post was an extreme example and is thus noted as such. There are levels of escalation and every situation is different, and should be handled in a different manner.

The bottom line is I need to protect myself. If that ruffles a few feathers then so be it.

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 06:31 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
"I would have drawn down on the guy and made him swallow a little pavement."

That sums it up right there. What law was he breaking? What threat justified escalating the situation into drawing your weapon and being prepared to kill him for disobeying you? NONE!

The attitude shown by that statement is someone on a power trip. And you're a supervisor?

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 07:06 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the most dangerous things a police officer can do is conduct a traffic stop.

You don't know who's in the car, what their mental state is, if they are armed, or if they are impaired in some way. Your life depends on your ability to access the situation quickly, gain control, then make sure that both you and the driver and passengers remain safe during the stop.

Now, you have a man walk up to you carrying a hand gun. Your attention is distracted from the people or person in the car, immediately putting your life at risk. In addition, the driver and passengers who are being detained, are now also at risk. Additionally, any innocent bystanders are now at risk as well should the driver see that you are distracted and decide to flee the scene at a high rate of speed.

Yup, face down on the ground and put your hands out at your side, do NOT make any move, any move you make will be considered hostile and will be met with an equally hostile reaction. Call for back up and then arrest the moron for interfering with a police officer in the course of his duties.

We have a right to keep and bear arms. We have a responsibility to do it intelligently.

It doesn't make one bit of difference if he says it's his girlfriend and he is just filming to hold the cop accountable. You'd all be singing a different tune if the guy was a nut job and used that as a ruse to get close enough to draw down on the cop and open fire, maybe killing your wife, girl friend or kids in the ensuing gun battle.

The only mistake the cops made was in NOT arresting him immediately, if for nothing else, being stupid in public.

[ April 01, 2010, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: TheHuntedOne ]

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 08:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a fine line, apparently? in viewing a holstered weapon as a threat? I already said the perp was inciting, by exercising his rights, in a unsuitable situation. I still fail to see, using the wild west yardstick, that open carry is a threat, under normal circumstances. If that were the case, this dude would be in big trouble, in the state of AZ or NV. Even worse when you consider the number of CWP holders, in AZ. This guy doesn't have a concealed weapon. It's right there, holstered, which is completely legal.

As I said, my opinion is that the guy was intentionally provoking the officer, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be treated like shit. Consider this, sworn L.E. officers put their life on the line. They volunteer, and some pay the price. You just can't go around and treat the whole population as your next "collar".

And, don't forget, this was in New Mexico, and Santa Fe is still part of the west and western attitudes. New Yawk City, different deal. NJ, maybe the same, but within 1500 miles of where I am, you will occasionally see open carry and that is no reason to wet your pants because everything is on equal grounds.

The above post illustrates the gulf between honest citizens, within their rights, (exercised rather stupidly, granted) and police officers suffering from paranoia.

I personally think the officer should have requested that the guy leave the scene right now, if he felt threatened. But, I don't see a holstered gun and a camera as an eminent threat? Sorry.

Good hunting. LB

[ April 01, 2010, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 09:23 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I think you're right on with East vs. West attiudes and cops. 4949 and his "draw and eat pavement mentality" would not sit well in this part of the world where it is common for many honest law abiding people to legally have some sort of firearm within reach.

I gotta wonder how much the video camera played into the reaction from the cops, especially when Mr. Opencarry told them he wasn't giving information that he wasn't legally required to. With no camera present would they have pulled a 49 on the guy?

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 10:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read all five pages in Glocktalk. It seems that we have many police officers that live with a bunker mentality. The inability to separate the pepper from the flyshit bothers me. I'm not saying that criminals have it tattooed on their forehead, but (I think) there was too much support for harassing the guy. As I said before, he has a camera, not an assault rifle or a shotgun, and his weapon is holstered. This is by definition, a nonthreatening situation. What a courtesy, the guy is open carrying, no concealed weapon, and that right there should explain his non confrontational attitude.

This is a guy within his rights exercising poor judgement. He has some type of issue and I think he was testing the cop. Now, the cop is writing his girl friend a chickenshit citation for talking on a cell phone. Look around! I watched the video again. I think the cop handled it very well, up until the time he got in his vehicle.

As I said, I looked around and I noted a lot of cop type responses on Glocktalk: cite him for jaywalking! This is pathetic. A suburban residential neighborhood, curving streets, etc. THERE WEREN'T ANY CROSSWALKS. Is there some law that says you can't ever cross the street in a residental neighborhood because there aren't any crosswalks? So, plain and simple, I don't think the guy actually committed a crime?

I also think he was wrong. I think the reaction of the officer was predictable, but to suggest, as 40 or 50 cops did, on GT that they would have the guy eating dirt and arresting him, that right there confirms my opinion of the mentality of police officers.

There was a lot of talk about respect. yeah, that's what I expect. Respect. These guys are public servants and I'm a taxpayer. Why should I not be given respect, even if I have a holstered weapon? This is aside from the issue of the video. I got the impression that polce officers are scared to death of a firearm, anytime, any place? That concerns me.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 12:57 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
The Hunted One summed it up perfectly.

Read his post. Then read it again. He said it better than I ever could have.

Police work attracts type "A" personalities. The responses on GT are to be expected.

I have to do whatever I need to do within legal means to come home safe to my family at the end of my shift. If that means someone has to eat some dirt then too bad. Sometimes stupidity and malicious intent get confused in the heat of the moment. We'll make the scene safe and then sort it out later.

Now you guys want to try and tell me how I should do my job. Yeah, I'm a supervisor. I got put in this position due to training and experience. I might know a little bit more about police work than you guys. I don't tell you guys how to coyote hunt, do I?

I actually posted this to stimulate a little interesting discussion. You guys with all your contempt for authority took one statement (out of context I might add) and ran with it. That's great.

Some of you here should be a little more open minded. The people I call my friends would want me to take the necessary steps to ensure my safety.

I thought I had some friends here.

I guess not.

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 12:59 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Elbee, we have had cops helping us many times. I have had some that scared the shit out of me because they were armed. It was obvious they were scared of the guy we were picking up and the situation. I told one cop in Quartzsite AZ, that believe it or not, asked me what I wanted him to do and where to be, I didnt care what he did just dont shoot me! That guy scared the shit out of me.

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 01:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Look, 49. You brought it up. Maybe you expected "atta boys" but we have some thouroughly independant types hanging around this place. Also, it doesn't take too many contacts with a police officer by normally law abiding people before they view that contact in negative terms.

quote:
I have to do whatever I need to do within legal means to come home safe to my family at the end of my shift. If that means someone has to eat some dirt then too bad. Sometimes stupidity and malicious intent get confused in the heat of the moment. We'll make the scene safe and then sort it out later
I say, error on the side of caution, by all means, but never forget the job is to protect citizens, not fuck with them unnecessarily, just because you can make them eat dirt; because of the badge. I'm telling you that most westerners, and maybe midwesterners, and conservatives and hunters have a decidedly independant nature. While you think you are justified in humiliating an adult average citizen, that citizen is not going to be thankful and most likely, will have a sore ass for a considerable length of time.

I will give you a deserved compliment. You seem able to tolerate us ornery opinionated and independant types. I don't think the hostility is directed at you specifically, so no reason to take it personal and have hurt feelings. I think we are talking about behavior, good and bad, on both sides of the law; meaning law enforcement and the average citizen.

If you make statements, expect that you will have to defend them. I don't think too many people here are impressed (one way or the other) by the badge.

You have friends, Amigo. I give you a lot of credit for hanging in there, and it does give some of us insight into "cop think" which can't hurt, can it? But, you started it and I assume you considered that chips sometimes fall where they may?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 01:45 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Dont let the bastards get you down, 49. Go right back at em or they will kick your ass everytime. [Big Grin]

I think the video was hilarious, as I stated before. I love watchin cops look like idiots when they dont know what to do. Those guys didnt have a clue what the law really was. When camera guy questioned them, called their bluff, or whatever it was, you could tell, they wanted no part of it. They didnt know for sure if he had to show his ID and didnt know for sure what would happen if they arrested him, like being sued or fired. The camera was a way bigger threat than that gun.

Hang in there 49. Your a local now. Look at TA17. Hes been sittin himself up and gettin kicked in the nuts for years and he never quits. You dont wanna be known as a bigger puss than TA do ya? [Razz] [Big Grin]

[ April 01, 2010, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 01:54 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said Leonard. I was just trying to stimulate some discussion. That is what we do here, no?

I am not looking to impress anyone with my badge. Quite frankly, I could do that all day on Glocktalk if that's what I wanted. I post here because I like and respect the honesty. You guys don't kiss my ass because I'm a cop and that's just fine with me.

But I don't appreciate the "badge heavy" accusations. I am not out to humiliate anyone. The guy in the video was a jackass with something to prove. This may have gotten my ire up a bit when I posted that statement. When I calmed down I reexplained myself here but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

My statement may have been hasty. I will explain one more time....if I am approached on a motor vehicle stop by someone with a weapon, or anyone else for that matter, my guard will be up. Just in the event the person approaching is a compatriot of the person in the vehicle I have stopped I need to be ready. If I see a weapon, my own weapon will come out of its holster. Okay, if I am in an open carry state and it looks like mom and pop coming up to me for directions I can evaluate same and deescalate as appropriate. But if I see a weapon or suspect malice, my weapon will be drawn and if the person does not obey my commands at this point they will be proned out, or "eating some pavement."

This is a safety consideration and I make no apology for it.

Yes, cops can be control freaks. It is something that comes with the territory, as I think you once said. We have to control each and every situation we are in. When we lose control we are in danger. There is a training video of a Texas constable who was killed in the line of duty back in the eighties by some drug runners. The video shows that he did not maintain control of his stop, and the three individuals overcame him and killed him with his own weapon. I admit I am a bit of a control freak. I don't know if I was this way before the job or if the job made me this way. But I can say experience has taught me that control is a good thing in police work.

There is a considerable rift here at Huntmasters. You guys are sort of a bunch of rebels who speak your mind. I like that, and I do respect it.

But respect is a two way street. At least it is in my book.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters