The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Coyote in New York City

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coyote in New York City
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2010 02:13 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a video in the link:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/bizarre&id=7348596
TRIBECA (WABC) -- Another coyote is running wild through the streets of Manhattan.

This one was first spotted coming out of the Holland Tunnel on Wednesday afternoon, according to people using Twitter who witnessed police chasing the coyote.

The Port Authority could not confirm if the coyote was actually in the tunnel.

The coyote was seen again later at Warren and Greenwich Streets, heading south on Varick Street and on Thomas Street.

That's where Eyewitness News spotted police surrounding the coyote in TriBeCa, but the animal ran off yet again.

Coyote sightings have been reported three times already this year in Manhattan.

Earlier this month, a coyote was spotted in Chelsea around West 24th Street and 12th Avenue.

Just last month, students and residents reported sighting of at least two coyotes on Columbia University's campus.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2010 07:08 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
This one is A KEEPER.
thanks

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1925 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2010 07:20 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Instant Coyote Mix; Just add FOOD.....WATER......and COVER. Bingo!!! Ya'll got coyoteeeees. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2010 07:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Ki o tee, ki o tee, ki o tee, KI O TEE! Don't them dumb bastards know the correct pronunciation? It's Koy ot! Now don't forget it!

And, another thing, the Keystone Kops should have been wearing camo. Guess what? I personally chased that coyote out of west Texas, last month. I could tell by his markings.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2010 10:53 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty sure that this is the same coyote that has been spotted periodically in/around Central Park the last few weeks...
Although I'm glad to learn that it is finally assimilating & taking in the sites & sounds of the Big Apple, if he ventures much farther east into my work AO, I may just hafta go lookin' for him... [Smile]

Watched a video on TV of some officers trying to "catch" it with standard dog catching gear. That was pretty funny! If there was ever a time for a .22short, that was it!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2010 11:29 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha. I have a non hunting buddy who came calling with me a few times this year. He saw this and told me that he and I could have done a better job catching this coyote then NYPD did.

I said those city cops don't know nuthin' about catchin' ki-yotes!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2010 11:34 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the update:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...vzfC2HPih7Oi9O
Wily coyote caught on West Street

By LARRY CELONA, REBECCA ROSENBERG and JAMIE SCHRAM

The coyote madness gripping TriBeCa ended this morning.

A wily coyote who was seen roaming the streets of lower Manhattan was caught today at about 11 a.m. on West Street, authorities said.

Cops shot the coyote with a tranquilizer dart near a Watt Street parking lot and transported it to the Manhattan Animal Care & Control on the Upper East Side.

The officers were tipped to the coyote's location after a witness spotted him in the area and called 911.

PHOTOS: WILY COYOTE ROAMS MANHATTAN

NYPD Det. Robert Mirfield said officers "waited for [the coyote] to calm down, and then we put an animal noose around his neck."

Jorge Canizares

The coyote had first been spotted Wednesday coming out of the Holland Tunnel at 3:52 p.m.

He hardly had time to get reservations at Nobu before officers tried to hunt him down.

It's unclear if this latest coyote was a bridge-and-tunnel type who came from New Jersey, or if he's the same coyote spotted in Central Park and Chelsea over the past few weeks, who entered the tunnel headed toward the Garden State but thought better of it and turned back.

Cops caught the coyote a day after giving cops the run-around on Wednesday.

After trotting around the traffic circle just outside the tunnel, he then headed south on Broadway.

About 90 minutes later, he was spotted on Thomas Street and surrounded by officers from the First Precinct and the Emergency Service Unit in a private park outside the AT&T building.

"I thought it was a little wolf," said Demetrius Jones, 18, a painter who saw the coyote craziness. "It looked scared."

About 20 cops first appeared to finally have the coyote caught.

Officers chased after him with a noose on the end of a stick, and even loaded up a tranquilizer dart gun.

Cops were also seen warning a woman with a baby and a man with a dog to get away from the park for their safety.

But at 5:45 p.m., the coyote eluded cops by darting under a gate and disappearing down Church Street. He has not been seen since.

"It was funny how the cops couldn't catch him," said Marielli Cortes, 28, who watched the chase.

It was the second time in three weeks that officers appeared to have a coyote cornered.

On March 3, officers in Chelsea almost caught a renegade coyote in a park on a pier on West 23rd Street. It managed to escape, prompting cops to jokingly nickname him "Wile E."

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2010 01:52 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
leonard let that one go cuse it didnt have a white tipped tail and not good for extra points.
Must not had enough wuff blood.(thats Wolf blood for those of you in public schools)

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2010 05:32 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you imagine this...

"ESU unit 45, proceed to West Street for rogue coyoteeeeee"

"ESU 45, 10-4, responding"

""Esu 45 Dispatch, 10-23 on-scene"

Truck door opens.

"Alright everyobody, stand back"

Sees coyote in middle of West STreet giving him the stink eye.

Clickity-click (sound of bolt closing)

Click, click (sound of pod legs being locked in place.

Click (safety off)

BOOM

WHOP

"Alright folks, break it up. Nothing to see here."

"ESU 45 Disptach. We'll need an environmental hazard clean up team at this location."

Oh, BTW, no real coyote hunter ever refers to one that gets away as "Wile E.". Those coyotes usually get much more original and colorful names, which are usually short lived because, had this been one of us, you'd have gotten in the truck, driven around the block and whacked that sumbitch when he tried to cross the next street over. You can't outrun a ballistic tip forever.

[ March 25, 2010, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2010 07:25 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
What I want to know is where the Hell are the dings from PETA protesting for the coyoteeeees 'Rights'??????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Knows what it's all about
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2010 05:32 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What I want to know is where the Hell are the dings from PETA protesting for the coyoteeeees 'Rights'??????

They're conflicted right now between fighting for it's rights and protesting it for wearing fur.

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2010 07:08 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Now, that's FUNNY!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters