The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » need a title... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: need a title...
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 06:30 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys...
Seeing as I've been lurkin' around here for a while, I figured I'd go ahead & sign up to join y'all...
I guess the only thing missing is one of those 'catchy' titles under my screen name???

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 06:59 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Ye ole yankee?
IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 07:02 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Fred, I'm sure Elbee will think of something.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 07:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to The New Huntmasters, knockemdown. Glad to have you on board.

Good hunting. LB

PS titles are an evolving thing. The creative process cannot be rushed.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31497 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 08:30 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to have ya around Fred.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 09:37 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I can roll with that handle for a while. But I will say that about the only thing I'm liberal with is the dispensing & burning of smokeless powder...

Good to be here!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 10:12 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
ked (too damned lazy to spell it all out),

As you have no doubt noticed in your time lurking, you have to make a name for yourself, oftentimes by making a target of yourself, around here to earn your highly accurate status name. What you do from there forward will determine whether or not it changes, how often, and to what. Gotta give it to Elbee - he comes up with some good'uns.

As you learn to post in these ranks, be sure to remember but one word: defensible. These guys will nail you for "the".

I only wish Mark Zepp would have posted his fan mail to me at the Pros board in this house, just for the chance to see what would have happened. :

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 10:38 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advice. I'm planning on keeping my head as far out of my azz as humanly possible...
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 11:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
45 minutes that I will never get back. Lance, get over it. Zepp is a member here, but I agree with him for the most part and agree with you in some respects, as well.

Support for a friend is admirable. Promoting coyote hunting is starting to backfire, for me. Popularity is two edged and my selfish attitudes make me think that coyote hunting is becoming more difficult in more ways than just calling sophisticated animals. The gear alone fills the back of a truck. High visibility leads to regulation, which is where this whole discusion began.

Why be concerned about Zepp "calling you out"? As you said over there, half of the people that read what you write are probably going to be offended by some of it. If it's Zepp, BFD. He's entitled to his opinion and so are you, even if I don't think too much of your reason, or his.

But, we all be friends, Bro.

Good hunting. LB

PS one thing I absolutely agreed with, what I read over there, is that Les is a damned good guy and a good representative for coyote hunting. There's a man that deserves his success, as opposed to quite a few I could name.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 12:29 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome aboard knock'em.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 06:16 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
LB, I really don't like "Denies being Deep Throat" would you kindly change it to something nice?

Thanks,

Chris

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 07:38 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Why, are you deep throat?

LB,

Yep. Fact is, I just don't like those events much. Spoke with several ppl in the past couple days that, by all rights, I expected to be there, but they won't be. Mark is certainly entitled to his opinion, and I guess he has every right to express it. But, if'n you wanna include me by name, I simply ask that you do it where I can respond right there rather than having to go way the hell over here or there and hope that anyone who gives a rat's rear end will be sure to look at both sides in the event that they think they need to be involved in the dialogue.

It's been my experience that when something is going on where there might be two sides - for whatever reason - a lot of people tend to follow the route of least resistance like sheep and not express their true (unpopular) sentiments if for no other reason than wanting to avoid political repercussions. Simply put, it would cost me four figures to go to that event and I have no one to cover those expenses in any way, shape or form. The best I could hope for is to maybe squeeze one article out of the event - which is unlikely - netting me, maybe, a couple hundred bucks. As I stated there, bad business decision and I'm not big on self promotion - makes me feel like a smarmy used car dealer (no offense to smarmy used car dealers). Yech. Not that I mind meeting my readers. I enjoy that, but those events bore the snot outta me in about fifteen minutes. Damned ADHA and all. If Mark enjoys that environment, good for him. He makes his living off selling calling related stuff. I don't. I simply write about something about which I am passionate and which I enjoy immensely. I find it very difficult to relax at those types of events and just kick back and enjoy the experience. Hate crowds. Don't like being the center of attention. Can't hear well enough to carry on a cogent conversation in a room full of noise. Because of some personal family issues, being away from the home place for more than a couple days isn't feasible at this time, nor for the foreseeable future. Gladly let Les and guys like him enjoy that experience. Lots of reasons why I don't wanna go, and the only person I have to justify that to is me. Owe no one else anything. Wouldn't even have my own face in my photo support if it weren't for the fact that my gunner is on the witness protection list and wanted in seven states. And, even then, nobody knows who I am. And, that ain't all bad. Editor asked me if I was going to be there - I told him no and why. He didn't have a problem with it. Guess I'm set. [Wink]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 08:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, done Chris. That prev. title is automatic, unless you are lucky enough to have a "custom" title. Do you have a request?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Briguy
Unofficial AGENT PROVOCATEUR
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 08:19 PM      Profile for Briguy           Edit/Delete Post 
As you think of a title, just remember, it's not the size, but how you use it...
Posts: 94 | From: El Desierto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 05:42 AM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
LB, For now, since I can't think of anything, I'll stick with the one you've given me. What was it before you changed it?

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 07:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably PAKMAN, or Pro Staff, but I changed everybody to Not DEEPTHROAT so that Higgins wouldn't suspect any of them of being my rat. In that respect, it served it's purpose.

DEEPTHROAT was some #2 guy in the FBI that snitched to a reporter about something that was important, back then. He died about a year ago.

There was an X rated movie previous, maybe that's what you are thinking of?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 08:09 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
This title thing is too funny.
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 08:16 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree 49. I have been laughing at the ones that I understand. I seriously wonder how Leonard comes up with some of this stuff.
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 08:47 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder too Bryan. Some of the titles seem to be brutally honest.
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 09:14 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
And just got more so looks like..LOL
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 09:24 AM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
I do remember Richard Nixon and Watergate. Supposedly, Deep Throat was the "secret informant". And, I remember his announcing just prior to his death that he was Deep Throat.

And, I do remember the XX rated movie.

Also, was observant enough to know why you changed it.

Both of those 1970s events are the reason I wanted something different.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 10:39 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that Martha Mitchel was Deep Throat???? (the informant......not the movie star)

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7594 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 10:48 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhhh..........Google!!!!! [Smile] All better now!!! [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7594 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 08:44 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
I have absolutely nothing to add. Posting to see what Title I have.

[ March 18, 2010, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: RagnCajn ]

Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2010 12:24 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

[ March 28, 2010, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5090 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters