The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Long time fellas! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Long time fellas!
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 09:26 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a very long time since I've logged in here... Thanks Leonard for the help, I'm sorry you had to go through the hassle to find my info.

I have pretty much always come here every now and then and just read...

I thought I'd jump in here after seeing the post about wrestling at the PM hunt. [Big Grin] Just the thought of that made me laugh way too hard! Sure wish I could get in the cage with the frog and Barry. I'd be willing to donate big bucks for that opportunity! Might even sell my Harley to finance that event.

I just spent quite a bit of time reading the old post,titled "Question" about the original meltdown at PM with JimC and have to think there is a certain irony in that and recent events.

I haven't posted here because I didn't feel I had the experience to speak. I'm just a recreational coyote hunter by most standards especially when compared to many of the names I see here, so I'm hoping you don't think I'm trying to blow smoke if I say something now.

Nikonut

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 09:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess another "Welcome" is called for, Nikon? But, as far as participating or not because of lack of experience, or whatever you choose to call it, remember; we let TA post, so pretty much everybody is entitled to an opinion.

So, you would like to wrassle with RF, eh? He's built like a Sumo, so it could prove difficult to knock him off his feet? Which he (no doubt) cannot see?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 10:36 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Nikonut,
Welcome! You don't need any special talent to post here, you are one of the good guys and that is what matters most.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 01:37 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Guys...

Leonard, if I got in a cage with the frog it wouldn't be about wrestling, more like "Ultimate Fight Night". I don't think I'd be first in line so it probably wouldn't matter anyway!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 04:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm seeing (envisionng) some kind of tag team; you and Dan versus Redfrog and Java. Bbar will call in sick.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 05:35 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking more along the lines of a "Kumite" fight...

Here's an interesting link... look at the title! That's really someone's website! I love it!!!!

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/bloodsport.php

Nikonut

TheHuntedOne
Knows what it's all about
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 06:30 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
I personally think it's bull shit that you stuck around PM to "try and change things" and turned your back on those who were your friends Nikonut. It seems more likely, the only thing you wanted to change, was your status in the predator hunting community.

I think you did that, but perhaps not in the way you might have planned.

Just a personal opinion, based on our past.

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 08:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just blew him a kiss, didn't ya? I guess you guys are old friends? None of my business. But, it's cool that you can discuss disagreements that happened over there, over here, isn't it?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 08:29 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been what - 8 years? Nikon and I go back a ways. One Christmas a few years ago, I sent him and his girls some calls - special ones - I thought back then we were friends?

Then I got the ban boot from the redfagot, and old Nikonut never once said boo to me after that. Not one word.

So, if he stuck around to change anything, it was his standing in the predator hunting community. It damn sure wasn't to stick up for or defend the people redfag was screwing over.

But he found out, the hard way, that redfag is one ruthless SOB. I'll bet you I would have never been baned if I had agreed to sell him my calls for less than a chinaman makes in an hour for his store. But I refused to become his whore, and sure enough, he took the first chance he got to get rid of me.

But again, like I said, I thought Nikon and I were friends. Once I was gone, we weren't buddies anymore.

Maybe where he lives that's how friends treat each other, but I grew up in Illinois, and that;s not the way I remember it. Times change I guess.

I think a lot of these former PM mods are trying to wash the stink off their hands - but some of it might not be external if you know what I mean.

Al

--------------------

THO Game Calls

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 08:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! That's a great title for a thread!

"WASHING THE STINK OFF MY HANDS" Film at eleven.

edit: but, it's good to see you guys making up and reconnecting.

[ December 22, 2009, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 09:00 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
You are just evil Mr. L - Pure evil LOL

And yes, it is nice to be able to speak your mind on a board. Thank You for that opportunity.

Al

--------------------

THO Game Calls

fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 09:21 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!

Al... I'm very sorry you feel that way. You are most certainly misguided in your thoughts about what has happened between the two of us. Your feelings couldn't be further from what happened!

You left PM way before I became a mod and then you went to FnF. I never joined over there and lost track of you but I have always spoken extremely well of you and given much of the credit for what callmakers today do as an example. You set the standard that many even now strive to attain.

I got pretty soured on all the fighting between the two groups back then, ask KeeKee or some of the others that know me. I have never really made calls to sell so trying to put myself in a better position doesn't really make much sense? I did finally take a mod position after Tony quit to hopefully change things and save what so many like yourself had worked so hard to create... I think I did help the call forums grow and I also got insight into the things most only hear in rumors or stories second hand. For that alone I would go through the misery all over again.

I also agree 100% in your analogy of the frog. He is truly a piece of worm dung in my opinion and needs to go so PM can survive and continue as Will wanted it too.

I believe I even posted on your new website how much I liked it... I have always been just a phone call away. I will take full blame for not having called you Al but you are wrong if you think I'm not your friend and that has never changed nor has my respect for you! Ask around to what callmaker's calls were proudly hanging and displayed at my booth during the KC Expo... ask JC he was there.

As for washing the stink off my hands I'll have to agree... PM has done that to a lot of people.

Nikonut

Edited for spellin' so Dan doesn't pound me, too! LOL

[ December 22, 2009, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Nikonut ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 09:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaahhh! That's the spirit of the season. Merry Christmas, one and all says Tiny Tim.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 10:21 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Ba hum bug!
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 10:41 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, you are just too funny [Smile]

So Tom, I suppose it just wasn't worth staying in touch after I got booted from PM. I would have logged on and said Hi now and then but, well, they sort of locked my account. Even put my name in the word censor. I couldn't go there, and I just wasn't a good enough friend for you to come somewhere else?

I feel all warm and fuzzy now. I suppose everyone should just welcome all of you guys with open arms and forgive and forget in the spirit of the season.

What Tom64 said.

Al

--------------------

THO Game Calls

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 10:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If we could only get these Congressmen to wash that stink off their hands......

You know, like THE LION OF THE SENATE?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 11:18 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you're right Al...

Probably all my fault and no reason to talk now either.

Maybe coming here was a mistake, too. You guys don't really want to know the truth, you already know everything and have your minds made up.

I'll just keep what I know to myself and you can always wonder what I might have been able to show you. Probably better that way.

Merry Christmas to all and to Al a Good Night!

Nikonut

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 12:38 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, it wont be like I missed anything anyway. Been 3 or 4 years already - what's a few more.

The point though is simple. None of you did a freaking thing. You could have all got up and walked out. What kind of message would that have sent? But no, being a PM Moderator is Special. Makes you all "somebody", but it doesn't make everyone else Somebody's fool Tom.

You stayed because you were now "somebody". Now you want to continue to be "somebody" by letting everyone believe you fought the good fight and you have the "dirt" on what went on in the "backroom".

Everyone KNOWS what went on in the back room,

Slurping.

Merry Christmas to you too buddy.

Al

--------------------

THO Game Calls

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 02:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be so sensitive, nikon. Everybody get's flack once in a while. Gotta be tough to survive on the Internet.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 05:00 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Nikon, like Rich posted above, no special talent required. I'm a fun lovin amateur and I still get to post.

If somebody thinks it isn't fun it would be interesting to examine their motives.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2009 04:29 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
I always wondered who the hell "suckanut" was. Funny how these screen names get twisted around.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2009 06:44 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"I always wondered who the hell "suckanut" was. " was."
-----------------------------------
suckanut? I thought it was Nickle Nut. [Big Grin]

[ December 23, 2009, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Rich ]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2009 07:10 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
UH...Hello??? Is that pygmies I hear begging your pardon!?!? [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2009 08:01 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Tom hasn't done anything different than we all have, which is get caught up in the moment. He was just trying to please the no-neck Antichrist. [Big Grin]

[ December 23, 2009, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Dan Carey ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2009 09:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nikon, some of us will think less of you if you get all timid now and go away. Cowboy up. Defend yourself from unfair criticism. I wish I knew who to cheer for, but you have a chance to begin anew, or confront your accuser(s). Personally, it doesn't seem like a huge crime to ignore a friend on the Internet while basking in the glow of PM Moderation?

Come on, where you going to go for entertainment? CG? They will slice you up and have you for breakfast.

I'm just kidding. Whatever you do, thanks for stopping in and chatting for a bit.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters