The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Excuse me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Excuse me
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2009 08:56 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
While I boast on my Nephew.

My nephew killed his first fox
 -

and first bobcat
 -

and his first Prarie Dog
 -

All with me doing the driving and guide work.

He has come into his own. Friday night he will lead my old High School football team during a semi final game in South Louisiana. If they get past this one, the following weekend he will be playing for the State Championship in the Super Dome.

-

I am the team photographer and have literally thousands of pictures so far. I may be adding to this thread as the week goes on. All of the pictures I have been takeing are at my brothers house. When the games end, I just turn the SD card over to my SIL and she picks a few to put in the local newspaper.

Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 14 posted December 03, 2009 03:45 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go!!! That is awesome! There is nothing like taking a youth to the fields [Wink]

Fine job you've done with him... and a fantastic job for him as well!

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2009 04:59 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
WTG!!!

I'm still waiting on my first PD!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Patterson
19.6 miles down the Yellow Brick Road from THE EMERALD CITY
Member # 3304

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2009 07:44 AM      Profile for Patterson   Email Patterson         Edit/Delete Post 
That is awesome!

I wouldnt be touching the prairie dog though...

Posts: 236 | From: Kansas | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2009 10:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome, Randy. Thanks for sharing!

And, that's a real nice cat!

Plus, one of the bigger prarrie dogs we have seen around here, lately. (really?) I killed my first 50 or so last year, while visiting Scott Huber....not enough ammo. <sigh> I'd done some Richardson Squirrels many times before, but that was a treat....eat your heart out, Tim!

My local team is playing in the semifinals of CIF Central Division this weekend. Go Highlanders!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31461 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2009 08:36 AM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck to your team Leonard.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I am pumped. About to make the 6 hour drive south to the gulf. I am hopefull they can knock off the #1 seed and advance to the Big dance.

We are Haynesville

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20091203/SPORTS0101/912030313/1024/sports01/A-focused-Haynesville-wants-to-advance-past-semifinals

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20091204/SPORTS0101/912040319/1024/sports01/Evangel-Haynesville-coaches-handle-pressure

Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2009 09:17 AM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Randy,
My old HS also just went to the State final in their class last weekend. Undefeated season and lost to one of the big Indianapolis schools in the State Final. Tough loss, but they had a great season.

Nice cat BTW too

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2009 01:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In case anybody cares, Upland defeated Chino Hills 13-7 and will advance to the title game in central Div. CIF. Yea Scotts!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2009 09:24 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, sorry to hear that.

LB, is that your local school or maybe one you went to as a youth? Either way, congrats, you seem to be proud of them.

Well we made it through another. The big dance is Satuday at 1 PM in the Super Dome in New Orleans. The team will will be playing knocked us out last year inthe Semi Final game and them won it all the next week. They are the two time defending champions in LA. It will be a major battle. At least the weather won't be as bad. Our boys played Friday night in 32-34 degree temps. The wind was 10-15 MPH from the north, and it alternated between Rain, Sleet and snow the entire game.

The final score
 -
Our defense sacking their QB
 -
Our receiver catching a TD pass
 -

[ December 05, 2009, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: RagnCajn ]

Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2009 09:29 PM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy,
Congratulations! Hope your boys win it all! Golly I enjoyed it when my son was playing: football on Friday nights and deer hunt on Saturday.

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2009 09:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No Randy, not my high school.

I have lived in UPLAND for 35 years, my kids and grandkids all went to UPLAND HIGH SCHOOL. Reason enough, don't you think?

Good luck next week.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2009 10:17 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Absoulutely Leonard, I will be rooting for them too, family is family.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2009 11:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
A little preview of tomorrow night's BIG game.....

Falling to Rancho Cucamonga in last season's final , the Highlanders will take on Los Osos on Friday night for the championship.

"We know what it feels like to lose this game," Helton said. "So, you can bet we're going to do everything we can to win it."

Midway through the fourth quarter of a 13-7 semifinal win over Chino Hills, Upland's defense had forced seven three- and-outs while allowing 74 total yards and zero points.

Upland, which is giving up 11 points per game, has allowed just one opponent to score more than 20 points. The Highlanders shut out the same Los Osos team they'll meet Friday, 17-0, on Oct. 16.

Scorekeepers are undoubtedly fonder of this year's version of the Highlanders than of the group that advanced to the CIF finals last year. Stanford freshman quarterback Josh Nunes, one of four players on the team to draw multiple Division I scholarship offers, led an offensive juggernaut that scored 35.7 points per game.

*Upland currently rated number 33 in the State.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2009 03:46 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck to your boys Leonard. I will check up on them from New Orleans tomorrow night. We play Saturday at 1 PM
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2009 07:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Upland head coach Tim Salter celebrates with Allan Andrews following the Highlanders 19-7 win over Los Osos on Friday night to win the CIF-SS Central Division football championship at Citrus College in Azusa. (Will Lester/Staff Photographer)

[ December 12, 2009, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2009 09:16 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
C
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2009 09:18 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang I phone
Comgrats Leonard
We won too
Will add more when I get time

ninthinning
Knows what it's all about
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 08:09 AM      Profile for ninthinning           Edit/Delete Post 
Great read, looking forward to some more photos.
9th

--------------------
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Posts: 67 | From: Colden | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 12:04 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Well OK, since you are twisting my arm. I reakon I will. (sly grin on face)

on edit, haveing some problems hang on

coin toss
 -
First play from Scrimmage
 -
This young man played a great game and was the leading rusher for the game.
 -
And of course no HS game is complete without the cheerleaders. Lance is dating the blond. LOL Ya'll will have to figure out which one.
 -
Here is Lance trying to get to the 1st down marker. He was short on the run, but they hit him after he had made it to the sideline and got a 15 yard personnal penalty on the play. He limped the rest o the game but finished. Found out yesterday he tore an ACL and will require surgery.
 -

[ December 17, 2009, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: RagnCajn ]

RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 12:25 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is Lance calling a play deep in their territory.
 -
our defense coming off the line to stop them again.
 -
These boys are going after their back on a sweep. #71 is the Cousin of retired NFL player Doug Evans. Doug won a state championship while at Haynesville and a Super Bowl ring with the Green Bay Packers. No 71's brother is Demetric Evans. Demetric plays in the NFL now and won two Championships when he played for Haynesville.
 -
Another good running back, trying to get around the corner on them.
 -
The White shirt on the left is our current coach. This was his first state Championship game. The other white shirt is the father of the Coach. The Father coached in Haynesville from 69 till he retired in 2000. That coach made the playoffs all but 3 of those years and Haynesville has won 15 State Championships total.
 -
The team put in a lot of hard work to get to this moment.
 -
The game was a tight one. We were down 6-0 in the second quarter and tied it at 6-6 by Half time. The other team scored on the first play from scrimmage to start the second half. We then scored twice to take a 19-12 lead towards the end of the game. The other team was on our 15 yard line with 58 seconds remaining and we intercepted a pass in the endzone to finish the game with a kneeldown at our 20 yard line.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 12:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't ask for a more detailed account than that. Sounds like you have a heck of a team. Thanks for the photos!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2009 01:58 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
I just found this on a website and thought it might give soe insight to the Tradition of the Haynesville Golden Tornado.

http://winnfieldtigerfootball.com/louisiana_high_school_football_championships.html

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters