The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Rest In Peace Danny Batastini (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Rest In Peace Danny Batastini
onecoyote
Knows what it's all about
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 06:53 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Danny Batastini
March 5, 1943 - September 29, 2009
Rest in Peace

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 06:57 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
No words for it. Just sad. Very sad.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 07:09 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Well Dang... Don't know what to say other than we lost good one.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 07:20 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about this loss.

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 07:21 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
He'll be missed, but always remembered.

A sad day.

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 07:54 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
I am very sorry to hear the news. I got to meet Danny in Silver City a few years back. I am glad that I did. Danny had a great personality, Loved life and sure enjoyed talking about the good old days. The predator hunting comunity sure lost a good one in Danny.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 08:08 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I never met the man..but have enjoyed his stories and experiences over the years, was just thinking of him yesterday and started re-reading his recent posts on Predator Professionals.

This is a sad day indeed.....
Rest in peace Danny.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
sparkyibewlocal440
Member # 397

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 08:14 PM      Profile for sparkyibewlocal440   Email sparkyibewlocal440         Edit/Delete Post 
I ran into Danny and his Wife while I was doing load development in a remote Canyon and he was looking for Cat sign. He turned me onto this site.
So long Danny.

Posts: 170 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 08:19 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at a complete loss as to what to say.

I'm proud to have been able to call Danny my Friend, and he will be greatly missed.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 10:08 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry to hear this.

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2009 10:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like a complete idiot.

I got Danny's number from Charlene recently, intending to give him a call, but I didn't. There was the Mexico trip and now my grandson and his family have been staying with me; he just returned from Kuwait. He wanted to get out and dust a few coyotes while he is here. Wonder if he would mind a trip toward Walker Lake?

Danny and I go back a long way, grade school and high school, competed for years in CSVCA hunts, but I never hunted with him, just against him. Never found the time for that, either.

Well, this sucks.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 04:03 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear this. My condolences.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 05:36 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny was one of the first to treat me like an equal fellow hunter and not just some groupie or girl trying to fit into a predominently man oriented hunting arena... I will forever respect and hold him in the highest regards for that.

God Speed Danny... Fly Crow Fly

Charlene... I pray for comfort for you. Thank You for all you have done for Danny and for keeping us updated. Be Well.

[Frown]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Joel Hughes
SPECIAL GUEST
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 07:00 AM      Profile for Joel Hughes           Edit/Delete Post 
I was fortunate to meet Danny at his motel in NM and see his museum. Very sorry to hear about his passing. My prayers for the family and friends.

God Bless,
Joel

Posts: 145 | From: texas | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 07:22 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny was a good man. I am sorry to hear of his passing.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 07:57 AM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I met Danny last year and had some email correspondence with him. I really liked Danny's friendliness towards others.

Danny crossed over the bridge before us and will be waiting for us when it is our turn.

My condolences to his family.

Posts: 346 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 11:01 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences! The predator communtiy lost a good one in Danny!

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 11:06 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny crafted for himself a niche within the industry by simply being a helluva good guy. Never had the chance to meet him, but certainly wish I had. My condolences to his wife, and to all of you here that were privileged to have been counted amongst his personal friends.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 01:41 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
A good one gone!!

Rest in peace!!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 01:50 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences to the family.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
nd coyote killer
HUNTMASTER PRO STAFF
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 03:15 PM      Profile for nd coyote killer           Edit/Delete Post 
WOW don't know what to say but he's in a better place.

--------------------
"Sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim" - Bear Claw

Posts: 385 | From: On a hill | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 03:24 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences. Sad times.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 05:58 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences to the family.

I regret never having had the opportunity to meet Danny in person. He was one of the good ones!

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2009 07:10 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
No words for it. Just sad. Very sad.

- DAA

That goes for me as well.
- Paul

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2009 06:17 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
I had the opportunity to visit him in New Mexico and see his museum. He took me for a little tour out to the lava flows and up a canyon. He kind of demonstrated and described “the California way” on that little tour of the country side. He started talking about how he didn’t hunt during the spring. I told him that I used to be of the attitude the only good coyote was a dead one. It didn’t matter what time of year that it got that way. Until I read a post on the dark side about giving the coyote a break got me looking at things differently. He smiled and said that post was probably his. I did a little research and it was.

Condolences to his family.

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters