The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » A Few Observations (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: A Few Observations
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2009 08:35 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I had hoped the NPHA would be something different than what it's turned out to be.

It's amazing how many people have jumped on a ship without knowing where it's going or what they're going to do when it gets there.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2009 09:24 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Carl, Ill keep you in my prayers. Thats a pretty big surgery.

Mines getting better. Still hurts like hell. I start therapy tomorrow. I go back Nov 2nd to get the neck surgery going so I can get done by end of the year to save another deductible.

Jason, Im glad you came on here and talked about it a little. I think you should have done it a long time ago. I wish you the best. I will call you soon. Ive had my hands full today and probably will tomorrow too, but will call soon.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2009 10:42 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As far as the NPHA, I intend to stay noncommital, (and neutral) as a favor to some friends that are involved. No, I don't want it to fail, and yes, it beats PM which is not saying a lot
In the end, there can be only one. thanks Leonard

http://www.huntmastersbbs.com/cgi/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=002099#000002

Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 08:01 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
"It's amazing how many people have jumped on a ship without knowing where it's going or what they're going to do when it gets there."

I think it was more or less a bunch of people jumping off a ship that was sinking (pms). Those shit heads have banned more people than most sites have. That will end when a better site comes on line. I was hoping NPHA was going to be that site.

IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 08:20 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
"I think it was more or less a bunch of people jumping off a ship that was sinking (pms). Those shit heads have banned more people than most sites have. That will end when a better site comes on line. I was hoping NPHA was going to be that site."

Ya, it had the look of a sharp stick in a frogs eye but...

If only we had some place to go where we could freely post and wasn't about making a buck... [Wink]

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 11:39 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking, I'm thinking.
IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 11:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's HUNTMASTERS, you old fossil!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 12:34 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Clarification for my above post.

Due to my warped sense of humor and the lack of same from others, determined by questions asked via phone and e mail today. I was referencing the fact that I had told Leonard I didn't want to loose the only two friends I have in the above link.

I was suggesting I am now down to one (friend) based on Leonard's comment in this thread.

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 01:24 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
-------------------------------------------------
Quote.
If only we had some place to go where we could freely post and wasn't about making a buck...
-------------------------------------------------
Indeed I've wondered the same thing myself lately. Hmmmmmm where could it be ??

Wait its already been pointed out, its been right here all along..LOL..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 01:35 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy, Im stil your friend. I know I dont carry much water, but for what its worth, I hold you pretty high. I gotta wonder why you hung around at PMS, but Ive wondered that about alot of folks I like.

That place sucks ass. PMS that is.

--------------------
Andy

RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 04:03 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andy. Yes it was a poor attempt at humor that got lost in the translation from Cajunese.

I know what you are saying. I am truly belssed in the friends I have made since I began perusing the internet forums. Before I found the internet, I had never met another coyote caller, that I had not introduced to the game. I can now not count the friends I made doing this. From the East coast to the west, there are some truly great individuals. I reckon that is why I stayed so long, there was allways that sliver of hope I could help these same friends in some small way.

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 04:17 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
For clarification, I too still consider Randy a friend, haven't lost any friends during this and hope not to.

I have been surprised at how the NPHA has unfolded. For me it seemed like Randy was starting a new forum, I and several others supported him, kind of a checkmate to the frog. Then we see later that JRB was the driving force and he and his crew have a whole other agenda. One I don't care for, no big deal but I do think the situation and a few names were used to draw in the masses.

It's been said before that calling has become too commerialized and I see this as just another way to make a buck until it (the sport) implodes.

I hope I'm wrong and the NPHA becomes a strong advocate for our hobby against PETA and other animal rights laws but so far all we have is sanctioned contests. I received an e-mail today calling the whole mess "fraud and deception", I kind of agree.

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 04:50 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I also took the wait and see approach on how the organization would unfold. So far I'm glad, I held on to my money. This doesn't mean I have anything against those involved either. Heck, if the agenda changes someday, I might still join, but for now it appears to be a traveling coyote contest. I too, was hoping for something different...
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 06:52 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy there's no doubt you're heart is in the right place. Or you wouldn't do the thing's that you do, Why else would you call an internet trouble maker like myself & explain how to check barrel twist & help with other thing's as you have ??

It become's complicated & difficult when one is associated with boards that seem too have "odd" agenda's ?? I still believe in ya..

This NPHA thing I dunno about & am backing away for now. Perhap's its a situation where only time will tell ??

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 07:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, "evolve". Just like PM "evolved" to what it is today. Didn't happen right away, but it started going south when I left.

Maybe we need to give this new board some time to get their game face on? Policies can be tweaked here and there, U turns when called for, stuff like that.

If all they do is drain the membership blood out of PM, that's worth celebrating. If they lose a little financial backing and have to cut back payroll, gee, I feel real bad for Bbar, especially.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 08:38 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
JRB, I will call you. Ive been busy as hell. But I want to ask you a favor. Just so you know, Ill say publicly what I said in email, I like you, consider you a friend and dont want to see you fail in anything you do. I mean that. Thats not at all my intention for even talking about this. You do know, however, that I pretty much call it as I see it.

I know you said everything I need to know is spelled out on your new site. How about this. To put it all in perspective, why dont you make a post right here in this thread and, in laymans terms for dumbasses like me, lay out the goals and intentions of the new organization. You are a standup guy and I trust you. I dont see why it should be a problem to do just that.

I think it would stop alot of rumors and hard feelings. Then people can make their minds up either yes, I want in or no, I dont want to touch it.

Alot of good guys watch this board daily that may not read all of your site, just the forum, kind of like I did. Maybe this will put alot of stuff to bed, one way or another.

[ October 07, 2009, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 09:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
They are all good guys, Andy. That's why I made everybody Pro Staff. Except you, and btw, you ain't getting a check from Orbitz, either.

Good hunting. LB

edit: PS anybody that wants to change their custom title to Pro Staff, just request it. It may be the only chance you will have to be somebody special, looked up to, etc.

[ October 07, 2009, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 10:29 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I dont want to lose my title. But could you please add pro staff in there somewhere? I feel so left out and unimportant.

--------------------
Andy

RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 10:44 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
"I didn't realize there was a second part to the question" Mitch Hedberg

Along those lines, when growing up I wanted to be a fire fighter. Now I, like Andy, want to be a prostaffer. Just pick one but I would feel complete with that added to my title.

Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 11:00 PM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
“The National Predator Hunters Association

“To unite predator callers through education and advocacy, while promoting the camaraderie of organized events.”

Andy, as innocent as it may seem to “lay it all out” I believe deep down you realize it simply isn’t a logical approach for a legitimate organization to discuss and inevitably debate their policies and procedures on a forum like this. Each successful organization in this country agrees, just make a post and ask them.

The assumptions and emotion often run wild when discussions like this are opened up on keyboards. Look how far the “hunting contests” derailment has taken us today? I’ll clarify a few points that I see remain fuzzy but that’s about all I can do. I'll keep the phone handy tomorrow.

As I addressed privately with Q earlier, “Organized Events” describe trapping conventions, hunting expos, calling seminars and hunting contests. We’ve made appearances at a dozen trapping conventions in the last couple weeks, handing out a few thousand brochures. Since Q already has his, I believe our volunteers and affiliates will have placed 24,999 brochures directly in the hands of other sportsmen by the end of this month.

Next spring and summer we hope to reconvene with several of those “organized events” along with additional predator calling (stage) contest and seminars. Throughout the winter we hope to make appearances at some of the larger hunting expos and banquets. We’ll also support existing hunting events with what we call an “affiliate” program, basically meaning we tell folks about their hunts in our events page and they tell folks about our organization with banners/hats/brochures. One of our many staffing weaknesses right now is a man to juggle all these events and get them on the publicized schedule. The events schedule looks lopsided right now since the trapping conventions have passed and the spring/summer events aren’t yet scheduled. I realize this, and acknowledged such to Q.

One primary focus of a fledgling organization like NPHA has to be building membership. One of the fundamental keys to this, in our opinion, is a grassroots campaign to meet sportsmen where they are… in the field or at the shows. Trapping conventions have been fairly productive for us so far, we suspect organized hunting & calling events will do the same. As membership builds, the organization can gain a clearer focus on its lofty goals ahead. This volunteer staff is working day and night to solidify the foundation and operations of our organization as our membership base grows. We’re not geniuses but we’re smart enough to realize it. Mistakes will be realized, opportunities will be embraced, and the focus will remain on our mission statement.

With millions of ads & articles printing and tens-of-millions of television viewers about to be introduced to the NPHA this winter, we believe the membership will continue to strengthen this organization. This is not a whiz-bang project and will not be an overnight process.

In the first week of publicity, the NPHA was contacted about its stance on wolf hunting in Idaho and Gun Rights in Colorado. With all due respect, let’s be realistic here. Not only are those battles logistically unattainable (lacking finances, influence & manpower) they would be foolish investments for any organization in its infancy. Merely discussing those issues hypothetically, in these early days, would make the organization vulnerable on numerous fronts. If you refer back to our mission statement, you’ll see where we want to be in time. Publicly issuing a detailed road map on our plans for advocacy at this point would be foolish and dangerous. I realize that not doing so will inevitably prevent some folks from joining until they can see progress in that direction.

The National Predator Hunters Association has not set out to grow the increasingly popular sport of predator calling. We’ve put a ban on shipping NPHA decals to 63556 & 74301 zip codes just in case. Instead, we hope to foster a structure by which this growing sport may stand up for itself when necessary.

NPHA didn’t come onto the scene as competition with existing hunts, forums or anyone else. There is nothing like this out there for predator callers, perhaps that is a testament to just how crazy the idea really is? It is our belief that the NPHA will mature into a group many predator callers will support. Some will not.

The long term viability of this organization is my utmost concern and no amount of people-pleasing posts today will allow our organization to solidify the future of predator calling 20 years down the road. I suspect the fires of confusion and assumption will continue to rage. Not all of them will be unjustified. There will be wobbles and stumbles but the end result will be a fully functional non-profit organization with a large network of supporters and allies fighting toward our mission statement. We can and will have an impact on the future of predator calling but it will not be accomplished by officers quarreling on the internet. I respectfully ask that those with questions direct them to me privately or catch me between rounds at the campout. Those waiting on the next train derailment please bring a good book. Or two.

Thanks;

Jason R. Bruce
NPHA President
1-877-663-4695

www.TheNPHA.com
JasonRBruce@TheNPHA.com

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2009 02:54 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly Jason, it was just that innocent. I am ignorant of how to run any kind of organization like this. I didnt know it would be foolish to discuss it on a forum.

Thank you for at least acknowleging it. I will have time today and will call you. Im interested and want you to know that I am not trying to harm you. Just want to understand. I hear the rumor mill and just dont know what to make of it.

Thanks

--------------------
Andy

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2009 04:18 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
.... have placed 24,999 brochures directly in the hands of other sportsmen by the end of this month.
quote:
With millions of ads & articles printing and tens-of-millions of television viewers about to be introduced to the NPHA.......
With membership fees of $25 plus, we are talking
serious money here. Money, individual promotion, and fame are the motivating factors behind the NPHA stated objectives. I am too old and cynical to think otherwise.

How does this organization differ from PMS?

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2009 04:37 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
All those post boiled down to one phrase....

"Trust us...."

Uh, no. You really should consider letting people know what direction the organization will take before they join.

You want people to join without really knowing anything other than it is a National Predator Hunting Organization.

I'm sure a lot of guys will jump right on the old bandwagon, but down the road, the problems will come from those who jumped without knowing all the facts and are now disillusioned with the direction being taken.

It's kind of like all those people voting for "hope and change" and now feeling pretty stupid about it.

Substance is severely lacking in your articulation of the NPHA's goal and objectives, stances, and direction.

Honestly, it sounds just like one of Obama's speeches. Fluff for the Feeble.

Did you use a teleprompter too?

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2009 06:20 AM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Semp, Well said and exactly correct!

[ October 08, 2009, 06:21 AM: Message edited by: 3 Toes ]

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2009 06:34 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We’ve put a ban on shipping NPHA decals to 63556 & 74301 zip codes just in case
Jason, Please include 74333 zip into ban area. I have now moved to Bluejacket.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters