The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Boy did he tell me...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boy did he tell me...
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 10:45 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
One Jon Black jonslc1@hotmail.com sent me an e-mail to "enlighten me" about you guys.

It was filled with insults, and foul language, mostly telling me "how stupid I am".
How I am your whipping boy.
And how y'all laugh AT ME... [Frown]

I don't know if I ever would have known that, or figured it out on my own, thanks Jon (NOT).

C'mon Jon, step up, be brave, and get laughed at just like me.
Show you are smarter than us, and have something to offer...
Or STFU and crawl back under your rock!

You may not like the contributions I make to this site, but at least I am contributing (and sometimes it's even in a positive way) [Wink] .

What discussions (good or bad) have you started? How many call makers have you helped and how many calls have you given away, how about free reed materials or other calling supplies.
Advice worth taking?
Anything... how you ever contributed anything positive, anywhere on the 'net?

I have my fans, and I have my foes.
I can live with that.

I'm pretty sure I know which one you are. [Wink]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ninthinning
Knows what it's all about
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 11:04 AM      Profile for ninthinning           Edit/Delete Post 
You're alright Krusty. You have been very generous with your knowledge and material. Love the one call I have from you and would like to buy more. Your double reed calls are innovative and sound excellent but different, not the same old thing. Makes a sound like my favorite enclosed JC reed on steroids.
9th

[ July 18, 2007, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: ninthinning ]

--------------------
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Posts: 67 | From: Colden | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 11:06 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm your #2 fan. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Some dirt ball trying to do an intervention via e-mail. LOL!
Whipping boy? Not that I have seen. Piss on 'em Krusty you have the right attitude and the balls to out him in a post. That rules!

IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 11:36 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen,

Thank you, for the kind words of support.

But my intention was not to elicit praise, for myself, or for the calls I make.

It was to lure Jon out of the shadows, at the very least to come out to be a positive member of a site he obviously frequents.

If he is going to "take" from this site, it's only fair that he "gives" something back, if he has anything to offer.

I mentioned my own offerings, only as examples, not as a resumé.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 12:35 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny.

I recall when I first was invited to HM that my first impression was, as I told Higgins, that this was the most cerebral calling board I was aware of at the time, and still is. Unfortunately, that ambiance must get misinterpreted by outsiders that only allow themselves a snap shot of what goes on here. On occasion, we get all engrossed in the more advanced aspects of calling coyotes, and forget that there is a much needed foundation beneath us that needs built, and at times, reinforced.

In all the years that we've tried to coach you in calling and killing a coyote, we have been frustrated with you, Krusty. No lying about that. But, at the same time, it has forced us to examine our own early experiences and share those lessons with you, and one another, which has in turn allowed us to learn a lot from one another. And in that way, it has been a good thing, trying to get you to that first one. In other words, whether we realize it or not, each of us has taken something away from eavesdropping on public conversations directed to you, and become better at what we do because of it. Therefore, I think everyone here can say that they've benefited (serendipitously) from your inadvertent contribution to HM.

Therefore, as far as Jon goes, I'll paraphrase a quote from Samuel Clemens - Screw the critic. If he knew what he was talking about, he wouldn't be a critic.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 02:48 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Memo to Jon;

Dear Jon,

Did you have a big bowl of stupid for breakfast?? What a boring place this world would be if we were all poured from the same mold and always agreed with each other. Do we laugh at Krusty?? Of course we laugh at Krusty.........but (from what I've seen) seldom more that we laugh at ourselves, or for that matter more than Krusty laughs at himself. This site has a wide spectrum that goes from detailed knowledge of all things coyote to frat-boy pranks. Sometime in a single bound.
I lurked here for a long time until a post by Gerald Stewart drew me out, so....... come on in Jon, the water's fine.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 03:24 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate laughter.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahuatl
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 03:59 PM      Profile for Nahuatl   Email Nahuatl         Edit/Delete Post 
KK, I always thought the ass-kicking/death threats, insults from idiots, hate mail, and subpoenas for my posts, private messages, and emails were a rite of Internet passage. It's how I knew I had arrived.

Do what I do. Tell em GFY.

Posts: 202 | From: Mount Gleason, Angeles NF | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 05:35 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance,

"Frustrated with me..." LOL Is that what we're calling it now? [Big Grin]

I already said I am an ass, plenty of times.

I'd like to think we've benefited from at least a couple of my advert contributions, as well.

I was going to use the quote attributed to the same man, penned to Mark Twain, about "a battle of wits, with an unarmed man", but his e-mail attack was so short, I couldn't tell if he was armed or not.

Kokopelli,

I told Jon in my reply "I love a good joke, even if I am it", and yep the joke is on me, a lot.

Isn't just a frickin' GAS sometimes? [Razz]

Tripp,

You actually made me laugh out loud, I'm sorry. [Wink]

Gary,

Yeah now I get a laugh from most of it.

The hate mail started way back, when I first posted pictures of calls I made.
People didn't want to believe I could make good calls, without calling experience.
(*Now they believe, and that topic of hate mail went away)

The death threats came soon after, I was told "if I went to Globe, I wouldn't get out of the desert alive". [Eek!] Admin at PM, and the Law, never did figure out the source.
(*That'll make ya wary of getting in a truck and driving into the woods, with armed guys you don't really know, eh?)

I haven't gotten my first subpoena yet, I used to serve process for a living, maybe I'll know the guy delivering?

Just telling Jon to screw himself isn't like me, I got more words in me than that.
And I don't need the profane ones when I am trying to establish that I have some amount of intelligence.

I already tried screaming profanities, to solve a problem earlier this week, and it didn't work out well.

Jon,

You wanted to know why I would ever come back here, to this site?

Now, do you understand?

Thanks again, guys and gals, especially if I forgot to say so before now;

For all your support, encouragement, educational advice, and most of all your overly generous offers of hospitality and invitations.

Krusty  -

P.S. Another hint about my crazy story from the other day... key players in the story include Manuel Noriega, Van Halen, and Johnny Stewart (who helped me to find ultimate success this time)

--------------------

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 06:18 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if Jon Black in SLC is related to Randy Black in SLC?
Krusty, if Jon gets sideways with you just make him a Krier, he will become a fan. [Smile]

IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 08:23 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Krusty...

If I get sideways with ya will you send me a Krier?

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 08:58 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
KK
I have been talking to you since my first days online , back on the posse.
and I have always taken you as nothing but a strait up guy.

As for threats you have gotten about attending Globe, I said this some were ells ,
Nothing sounds like a better time to me then hunting coyotes all day and doing the parking lot 2step all night, with guys that give threats over the phone line.....

Maybe it just me but it sound like fun [Wink]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 09:45 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

I wondered the very same thing.

Tripp,

When I fired up Krusty Woodworks again, here this last time, you were one of the guys I wished was still around to get one.
I hate the idea of a list, but I'm learning to deal with it $omehow.
Yer on it.

It's gonna take a little time, don't disappear.

George,

I've always thought the same of you.

Globe, and PM, are far in my past, and certainly not a call to arms, or fisticuffs, as the case may be.
But it's nice to know you'd have my back. [Wink]

Krusty  -

--------------------

bowjunkie
Member # 887

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2007 06:13 AM      Profile for bowjunkie           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty hell after gettin those 2 calls from ya if'n there was a chance at another I would watch yer back anytime [Wink]
Posts: 35 | From: the high mountians | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2007 10:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
OPEN LETTER TO JON BOY

I am occasionally asked about Krusty. I don't have a pat answer, he just sort of grows on ya, I can't see kicking sand in his face just because his body count isn't up to certain standards.

And, as Lance says, (one of Krusty's early and most vigorious critics) we can learn a few things by addressing the newbie's point of view. Maybe I'm getting soft? But, if the general tone ever was rude or derogatory, I have done my best to contain.......it.

Does he get on my nerves, occasionally? Well, yeah! But, he contributes, and has the balls to stick in there, no matter who throws rocks at him.

Some guys are timid. I think that is more negative, than the big crime of being forced to read Krusty's crap when he goes on tilt.

But, the boy has grit, and I find that quality to be more acceptable than anonymous poison pen emails; or general "lurking" which I can't quite understand?

Anyway, if you feel the urge to fuk with K, address your concerns to the administrator of the Board. I hear he loves whiners. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2007 01:14 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Not so fast Leonard!

Not all of us administrators like whiners! I can't hardly tolerate them unless the whiner happens to be a large breasted topless female.

( Although some of the small breasted ones have been known to hold my attention for a while )

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2007 01:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have an exact count, but there must be (at least) 499 other administrators on this Board? Pick one and complain away, that's what they are here for.

Big breasted whiners are good; smaller are also appreciated. You have to drink through it.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2007 02:42 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching TV the other night, and the Speaker was unveiling his new plan for instant world peace. And I honestly believe that it would work.

Just make it a Universal law that all women have remain topless. No man can think about fighting, when he has a big set of hooters staring him in the face.

The World just needs more bare boobs!

That reminds me, how'd your long weekend at the lake go? It didn't involve the purchase or gift of a ring did it?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2007 03:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good time, I was practically the tubing champ, only got dumped once!

edit: oops, let me see if I can size it?

-

-

[ July 25, 2007, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2007 04:39 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you, Leonard. Glad to see you're back in the hunt. When my dad first started dating after my mom passed, my self-centered li'l sister (and that's the nicest thing I can say about her anymore) was just plain pissed about the whole thing. I couldn't make it clear enough for her to understand that dad would not do well alone. And besides, he met his commitment, until death did they part. Man can't survive alone.

Tim, maybe therein lies the problem. Them muslim radicals can't see no ta-ta's through those burkas. Maybe if they covered their faces and left a horizontal opening about breast level, things would be better. If they only allow you to see one part of a woman, wouldn't you pick something better than their eyebrows?!? I'd pay good money to see an unplanned Sunni "wardrobe malfunction". [Big Grin]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters