The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Don't laugh? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Don't laugh?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 12:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife is talking to the Dr. Phil Show right now. She applied for tickets a week ago and they are just now calling back. Looks like we will be in the audience on March 30, maybe they will give away something?

You eastern guys probably figure that it's common, out here, and maybe it is, I wouldn't know? This will be my first time; although she went to a TV show taping once, years ago.

Nancy watches Dr. Phil almost every day. Sometimes, (but infrequently) she makes me watch it with her. If they pan the audience, I'll pull on my earlobe, like Carol Burnett, okay?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Knows what it's all about
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 01:07 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't laugh........DON'T LAUGH!!!!!!

Sorry, I can't quit laughing!

You couldn't melt me and pour me into the Dr. Phil audience. I won't watch him or the fat lady that got him started. But thats just me out here in the sticks. Maybe you citified folks have a different opinion of people like that. Have fun LB!

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 01:36 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
BBWWAAAAHHAAAAA!!!

Sorry Nancy.

IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Member # 514

Icon 12 posted March 09, 2005 02:58 PM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, maybe if you wear enough camo,....just kidding!! Better you than me. I'm kind of like Cal.....just leave me out here in the sticks.

Best of luck.

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bomba
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 03:40 PM      Profile for Bomba           Edit/Delete Post 
We have Witch Dr. Phil here in Bomba country.
Wife make Bomba go see once and we stand in large amphihut.

Him ask Bomba why leave wife for long period of time to go hunt.
Him say that many happiness come if spend much time together, so Bomba take wife on hunt.
Run into great silver ape. Last time Bomba see her as she carry ape away over her shoulder.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 09, 2005 03:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] About the "sympathy" I figured that I would get from this crowd.

Did I fail to mention that my daughter gave me as gifts, this past Christmas, a DR Phil coffee mug and a DR Phil ball cap?

I've actually used the mug, but I'm saving the cap to give to Cal at our next campout.

This was not my idea, friends; please don't give me any "CA" scorn. I'm more or less a macho country boy, at heart.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 05:11 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee Thanks Lenbo,

The wife read this thread today. I walked in to hear "Leonard's taking his wife to see Dr. Phil, why can't we do something like that" [Eek!]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 06:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Miss Joyce.

I'll take the credit, but it's the other way around, she's taking me. I can think of a thousand other things I'd rather do, but ya gotta suck up once in a while.

Hear that, Tim? Hear that, Cal? If you fellas make it to 43 years, you can explain what I'm doing wrong. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

Look Ma, no diamonds! It's a nice hat, Cal. You can wear it to town, Saturday nights.....and quit laughing!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Steve C
Member # 510

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 07:39 PM      Profile for Steve C   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If I was coerced into seeing Dr. Phil, I would use that opportunity to gain some serious brownie/hunting points.

--------------------
CSVCA http://www.csvca.com

Posts: 82 | From: El Monte, CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 07:54 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right Leonard,
I have only been married for 12 years, but I am still wearing the pants in the house!
(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Actually my wife has about the same feelings for network TV and the people on it as I do, so I'm in no danger of ever having to be in a Dr. Phil audience. We get no local network stations because of where we live, and I never have put them on the satellite dish, and I have never missed them a bit. I haven't seen a network station for several years. No NBC,CBS,ABC etc.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 11:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, it takes a REAL man to accompany the wife to a taping of Dr. Phil. [Wink] We are going on my birthday!!!

Joyce there are still some seats left so be sure to call first thing in the morning. We have three empty bedrooms you can stay in to keep your cost down. [Big Grin]

Nancy or Mrs. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 06:27 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
At times like these we should rally around our man Leonard, he needs our support.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be such a waste for him to go out there and just sit in the crowd? I say we all contact Dr. Phil and tell them he needs to talk with Leonard on camera. Maybe they could even use the opportunity to go over any problems his wife has with their relationship?! Bahahahaha [Big Grin]

Here's the link - Contact Dr. Phil - so give him a shout and tell him to be on the look out for Leonard.

Sorry Leonard, couldn't resist. Bahahahahahaha [Big Grin]

[ March 10, 2005, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Jrbhunter ]

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 06:31 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you think Dr. Phil would say if he found out Leonard had a coyote hunting addiction?

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 07:29 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard made his own nest, so I don't feel bad for him having to go, but now poor Tim is going to get roped into going and he was just an innocent bystander. I'm really sorry Tim. Life just isn't fair sometimes. I hope you can figure a way out.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 08:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Miss Joyce, it's about time you put Tim on a short leash. Just because he is making fun of me as a sensitive, caring husband, you need to show him who's really the boss. And, don't forget, he stuck you out in the middle of the desert so he could hunt coyotes; about time he catered to you for once!

Tim, you don't want to wind up with a bunch of X's that live in Texas; look at Higgins?

quote:
BBWWAAAAHHAAAAA!!!

Sorry Nancy.

Yeah, way to go, Rich.

Tim, show your tender side. Before it's too late!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 08:48 AM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard won't go down alone. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 09:37 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not that I'd mind taking my wife someplace that makes her happy. But with gas over $2.30 a gallon, I just don't think we could afford the trip right now. [Frown]

Of course if Jay and Rich wanted to take their wives, we could split the costs and every one would have a great time. [Big Grin]

Jay, Rich? The ball is in your court, what are you going to do?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Miss Joyce
Member # 584

Icon 12 posted March 10, 2005 09:57 AM      Profile for Miss Joyce   Email Miss Joyce         Edit/Delete Post 
And Leonard is even nice enough to help out with the cost of the trip by offering us a place to rest.
In the words of the wise Ron White, "Diamonds... that'll shut her up". Tim, I like the big ones.

Posts: 33 | From: ****** , AZ | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 10:39 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Joyce... You were referring to diamonds weren't you?

I already did the Dr. Phil thing awhile back. Actually I paid the wife's girlfriend to go with her and I stayed home to watch Billie Graham on TV.

Truthfully, I don't mind Dr. Phil. It's his attitude and personality that bothers me.

[ March 10, 2005, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 11:13 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
The only question I have about Dr. Phil is, if he's so damned perfect, why doesn't he hunt coyotes? Huh? Kinda like thos girls in high school that were "very nice". That's all well and good, but to be well rounded and close to perfect, a guy has to hunt. No way around that.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 11:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, Jay! We have two more bedrooms available for you, the orange room and the dead room.

Joyce, I got my big diamond a year ago.

Nancy

[ March 10, 2005, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 11:31 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, when I lived in LA, I went to several tapings of TV shows. They were always interesting and entertaining, especially the audience warm-ups. You two will have a good time. I would like to go if we were a little closer.
IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 11:52 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
March 30 is a Wednesday. No way for a middle of the week. I'll just be getting back from the Land-o-Texas. Bummer.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 11:54 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, we have three extra bedrooms. Vic and Tim and wives can use one each, and JH can have a twin bed, and the privacy he needs. (no dogs allowed)

If you guys can swing the tickets, I can put you up, but I can't help with gas. Chip in, or ride the Grayhound.

Jay is welcome, too. Group hug.

Cal? Can't see that happening in this lifetime. Cal Worthington, maybe?

PS it's called a den/spare bedroom/trophy room; not the dead room.

Good hunting. LB

edit: Tim, Miss Joyce (via email) said that you won't allow her to respond on the board?

[ March 10, 2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2005 12:51 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate the offer? I actually thought you liked the guys on your board, but by trying to get them to go see Dr. Phil, I'm not sure.

I was thinking that I could get you a t-shirt from the coyote gawds, and you could wear it on the Dr.Phil show, since you are trying so hard to get me a Dr. Phil cap.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters