The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » The Museum (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Museum
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 14 posted November 07, 2004 10:02 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Most of us here already know about Danny B's project. A lot of you have already promised items to be contributed. I have nothing that is worthy of displaying in a museum, so I sent him a check to help with the cost of materials. I also made a post over at PM to let them know what he's doing. I hope everyone lends a hand to help him build us a first class museum.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 10:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What I'm wondering about? Quite a few years ago, Danny donated several items of his personal memorabilia to a fella we had met at the Shade Tree BBQ. Name was Walt, but his last name escapes me. Jay would know him, but I wonder if Danny got his stuff returned? Anybody know?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 12 posted November 07, 2004 11:35 AM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I just checked the guest book for the Shade Tree BBQ, and there is only one Walt. His name is Walt Holt from Tempe, Arizona.

Take care.

Bruce

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 01:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, thanks Bruce. That's the one. The reason I mentioned Jay is because Walt was a fellow call collector.

Danny donated his Club Jacket and patches, as well as some other things I can't remember, but they would fit in a museum nicely.

For that matter, I am in possession of two filing cabinets full of documents that some historian, a hundred years from now might appreciate? Old ledger type, large format check book, receipts, minutes from State meetings, stuff like that.

Too bad we didn't bring it up at the camp out. Could have made the transfer, easily. Oh well.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 02:10 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, you are right about donations. I told Danny I will bring him a Canadian Coyote Pelt, the big Budweiser Banner signed by all who attended the Shade Tree BBQ, some patches, and my original very first electronic caller.

Ya know what would be nice, is for all of these guys who have produced Videos on Coyote Calling to donate a video to the museum, so Danny could play them in the Museum.

Take care.

Bruce

--------------------

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 14 posted November 07, 2004 02:33 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang! Now Danny's gonna' need a 72" bigscreen TV with a built-in VHS and DVD player so he can show those videos to the crowds of varmint hunters he's going to have. [Big Grin]
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 03:05 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Nasa, don't send a check, but a big screen TV and DVD player would be nice. [Big Grin]

Take care.

Bruce

PS: Are you going to his hunt in January?????

--------------------

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 11 posted November 07, 2004 03:44 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Bruce, you need to adjust that e:mail filter of yours. I answered your email the day you sent it. In fact, I answered twice. You never got it, right?
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 03:56 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
NASA, would you believe I get 900 + e-mails a day? Man, I had to do something. But you are now on the "Friends" list, so try one more time

No wonder I get about 2 e-mails a day with that filter in play. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 03:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
same here

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 04:39 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, Walt Holt did return my old club jacket, but some of the other stuff is lost I guess. Jay sent me some old calls and an old JS 45 player and a bunch of other things for the museum. Vic gave me a few things at the campout. I have a long way to go with this muesum, thanks to you guys that have helped already and God bless. [Wink]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 05:02 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny,

Gerry Blair just wrote me a letter this week, and asked for your mailing/shipping address. He has some stuf to send you too.

Drop me an email at tbehle@theriver.com

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 07:27 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tim, a guy like Gerry can really help this museum out. I'll put my addy in public just in case anyone else wants to donate anything, thanks again Tim. Danny Batastini P.O. Box 721 Carrizozo NM, 88301

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted November 23, 2004 08:37 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
I ain't got nothing yet...hello out there!!!!Come on, some of you guys must have some old pictures, patches, calls, anything I could add. Your name well be on a plaque as a donater. [Big Grin]

--------------------

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 09:31 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
How's the project coming? Onecoyote you need to get one of those 6-quart mayonaise jars from the restaurant and set it out for donations. I'd also take it to the club meetings and pass it around. Seed it with a little change so no one can use the excuse "well I only have a 20". [Big Grin]
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2004 04:22 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny,

When I talk with Murry this week I'll ask if he has something to pitch in. He has a pretty good asortment of memorabilia stored in his upstairs just gathering dust. I'm sure he would donate something. He like most of us though hang on to momentoes for the memories that are refreshed when we pick them up.

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2004 06:20 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, would you tell us all about the museum. Where is it located? How are the artifacts and memorabilia housed, protected and displayed? What is on exhibit at this time?
IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2004 08:11 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Byron, that would be awesome buddy. Rich, You're asking to much of little old me at this time lol. It's in our office area on three walls is where it's at. I have lots of things Jay donated, along with some things donated by Vic, NASA, Tim, Gerry B, and a few others you probably don't know. I have 30 years worth of things from the old CVCA. This is going to take time to get it all together, it's something I want to do for the sport I love so much. If anyone want's to donate, e-mail me or bring it to Carrizozo New Mexico, everybody knows where I'm at lol.

[ December 13, 2004, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: onecoyote ]

--------------------

WhiteMtnCur
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2004 03:57 PM      Profile for WhiteMtnCur   Author's Homepage   Email WhiteMtnCur         Edit/Delete Post 
I have one of the original Vernon Dorn "Whistles." Would it be something worth displaying? If so, I'll track it down and send it your way.
Posts: 97 | From: Nevada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2005 09:08 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to go back a ways to find this one but here is a pic. of Danny in a corner of his museum. He has a bunch of cool stuff and from what I understand his display has grown some from my visit back in mid January.

-

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2005 10:37 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
WMC, that original whistle is something I'd like to see. Danny's museum is about predator hunting, predator hunters, and predator calling. I think your donation would fit very nicely. If you have the chance, I recommend you deliver it in person. You won't be sorry, and you'll have one heck of a visit. [Big Grin]
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2005 10:56 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
WhiteMtCur, that would be a great addition to the little old museum, I'd put it right next to the 1949 cow horn Pied Piper call I got from Steve Barbour from Texas.
Bryan, we really enjoyed your stay, thanks for the plug. Can't wait for your video to come out and yes the museum has got a little bigger since Jan.
NASA, thanks for the kind words. I've been getting info on where to find snake dens, seem two of our members know alot about that, you know one of them. Be seeing you in May.
Any donations to the predator hunting museum are more them welcome and needed, the picture Bryan posted is just one wall, I have a few things on two other walls. Address is Danny Batastini, PO Box 721, Carrizozo NM, 88301.....Thanks you guys. [Wink]

--------------------

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2005 01:41 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn’t think that I had anything that Danny would be interested in, or worthy of display. I sent him some things that I don’t use anymore and was surprised that all were on display when I got there. He has items with club logos on them on display from the past and present. If you are in a club and have a patch, window sticker or something with the logo on it he will display it. He has a shelf with a few cartridges of different calibers used by predator hunters. If you shoot a wildcat I would dare say he could use one and display it. Old pictures like I saw posted over on PM in the now non existent chronicles section once I’m sure he would love just copies of. A personal delivery would be worth the trip as well.

Danny we enjoyed the time we spent there as well and I’m looking forward to bringing Heather down I hope sometime soon. Thank you again for your hospitality. Am I to assume from your post that you have added another predator to your list of target species?? LOL

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 14 posted February 16, 2005 04:08 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Bryan, I think I've convinced Onecoyote to register for the annual Alamagordo Rattlesnake Roundup this spring! I will definitely be a participant, and I think I've talked Danny into holding the sack for me while I drop them in. [Eek!]
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2005 05:40 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Nasa, Vern is no longer with us, but if you want a copy of the "whistle" a friend of mine makes them for O'Gormans. You can get one from him, or order one from O'Gormans. I use one all the time. One of my "secret" weapons.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters