The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Huntmaster's Hunt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Huntmaster's Hunt
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 07:44 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Gerry Blair will attend this hunt and Gerald Stewart will try to make it. Murry Burnham will try if his wife can bring him. How does Oct 22, 23, 24 sound to you?
IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 09:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, my dance card is clear. I assume that's the only week you have available, with your busy schedule?

What I think we need to do is decide exactly what this will involve. A deal such as last year, or one that is geared for a public function, considering that there is no facilities, porta potties, etc. and none for miles, in any direction.

I do not think we will be selling raffle tickets, and handing out awards, blah blah blah. I'm not into that stuff.

But, in any case, if Gerry and Gerald and Murry wants to attend, that's great. For the consideration of Murry's wife, we will need to walk out a few more bushes to take a leak, and watch the salty language, which should not be a hardship. Also, a small price to pay for the honor of his attendance.

I'm starting to get excited. Can we please hear from the group, as to their availability, desires, suggestions, any and all input?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2004 05:37 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Those dates sound great to me! Shall we try for the same campsite as last year or do you want a new location?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2004 05:58 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
The same place is good. Centrally located to good calling. Gerry will tow his big camp trailor. This place will accomodate that big beast.
IP: Logged
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 11 posted August 10, 2004 09:22 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Standing by. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
WhiteMtnCur
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2004 09:25 AM      Profile for WhiteMtnCur   Author's Homepage   Email WhiteMtnCur         Edit/Delete Post 
I apologize for the question but I've been out of the loop for a while.

Who's invited?

[ August 10, 2004, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: WhiteMtnCur ]

Posts: 97 | From: Nevada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2004 10:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, Danny, Bruce? AZ? JH?

Omar the tentmaker Johnson?

Are seventeens allowed, or no? [Razz]

edit: ....and NO cheap Tequila!

[ August 10, 2004, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2004 04:51 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang you guys...

This is the one hunt that I might have tried to make, but alas, I will be guiding hunters for deer and antelope.
Most of September, all of October, and most of November.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2004 05:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a doggone shame, Cal! Man's got to make a living, that's for sure. Still, you will be sorely missed.

The good news. Interest, so far, is looking very promising.

Last warning: beware of Higgy with the video camera!

Good hunting. LB

edit: Tim, that same place is good by me. You're the man on the ground, are you okay with it?

[ August 10, 2004, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2004 05:06 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you can say that again Leonard lol.

[ August 10, 2004, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: onecoyote ]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2004 05:14 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Would love to be there, but I've got family stuff going on, not likely I'll be able to get loose for the 4 or 5 days I'd need. Never know, but, chances aren't good.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2004 07:17 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
I can have a couple tents and some cots available... possibly rustle up some beans for breakfast as well...

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 09:08 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Norm,

Keep those beans away from Victor, he doesn't need any help.

I've got the dates down on the vacation calendar at work. Just picked up a used 10X12 wall tent. If it lasts though bear season in September, I'll be bringing it too. If I can get away, I'll try to head up a day early and get the same spot as last year reserved for us.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 09:22 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
I have those dates reserved. If I win the lottery, I'll bring a 5-piece band.

Can I bring my camera?

Rich, Why don't you clip Mattie's camera to your hat?

Danny, I'll bring some stuff for your museum.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2004 08:16 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, that would be great thank you. I have people looking at the things I already have, most seem to enjoy what they see. I'm incorporating all this into a sporting goods store that's attached to the motel. See you all at the hunt.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
22-250
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 09:12 PM      Profile for 22-250           Edit/Delete Post 
Was planning to hunt hogs at Camp Roberts, but hunting predators is a lot more fun. I will be there.

--------------------
The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him and even the flea would desert him for a velocipede.

Posts: 108 | From: Longview, Texas, glad to be gone | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters