The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » What should a Pennsylvanianite pack for a trip to Texas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What should a Pennsylvanianite pack for a trip to Texas
Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2004 03:57 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
... do I need to pack my sheep or do you have one there I can use? Don't need to pack my dog as you already have a few. Will 8 rolls of film be enough or should I do the even dozen? I think I can leave my silk long johns at home unless you are forseeing snow. Which call do I bring? Ah the heck with it, I'll pack em all.

Any and All advice would be most appreciated [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2004 05:19 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
The packing list may be driven by your specific destination and purpose of travel.

Corpus Christi; A bikini is possibly all that is required.

East Texas; some rain gear may be required.

If the the target is turkey or coyote... some light weight camo would be the the dress of the day.

Enjoy the trip...

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2004 06:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Plenty ammo!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
James L.
Member # 239

Icon 12 posted April 25, 2004 08:13 PM      Profile for James L.           Edit/Delete Post 
If destination is South Texas, or East Texas you can add Deep Woods Off to that list.. The skeeters here are big enough to carry your little sheep off so I'd leave him at home [Wink]

12 rolls of film also.. Lots of stuff here to take pictures of..

As far as calls go.. pack em all...

Clothes would have to be light for this time of year.. Coming from Pa. to here is going to be a big change in atmosphere as far as temp goes... A light coat such as a wind breaker will be more than enough.....

Other than that.. have fun......... James L.

--------------------
Never underestimate the power of stupid people.

Posts: 18 | From: Shelbyville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bomba
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2004 09:54 PM      Profile for Bomba           Edit/Delete Post 
Chastity Belt or Bull Whip.

Either / or

Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2004 02:59 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Bomba... lost my chastity belt many many moons ago, but just went and packed my bull whip. For good measure, I also threw in my fur lined hand cuffs.

For the skeeters, thought the 22 might take care of them. Ok, lots of rain gear it is. I'll leave my sheep Rover at home then. I'll wait and buy lots of amno when I get there.

Will Texas ever be the same once the Crow lands? [Eek!]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

James L.
Member # 239

Icon 6 posted April 26, 2004 04:23 AM      Profile for James L.           Edit/Delete Post 
The real question should be "Will the Crow ever be the same after experiencing Texas? " [Eek!] [Big Grin] .........James L.

--------------------
Never underestimate the power of stupid people.

Posts: 18 | From: Shelbyville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2004 06:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, James. Glad to have you on board.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2004 08:32 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri,

When you get done in Texas, You might take another days ride to the West and come see God's country.

But you'd better pack everything, you won't want to ever leave!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 05:47 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Be careful Tim on what you say... I'm already thinking about a trip to Arizonia next year [Eek!]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 08:00 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
But you will want to come to AZ and hunt with Jay. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 08:59 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Norm,

Did you mean to say with Jay or For Jay?

Provided Bomba doesn't run off with her first! [Big Grin]

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 10:26 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I think the reason Sheri is off to Texas is to find out what really happened to the blow-up Sheep friend she entrusted to Ronnie.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 07:48 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Ronnie has UPS receipt as to were the Sheep went. Even though it headed North. It wound up with a SOUTH.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 08:57 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Ronnie

Jay... shhhhh... it's top secret. After sending my buddy to Ronnie, I allowed visitation to go on a trip with said person, Mr. South. My sheep hasn't been heard from since! [Eek!]

He never called nor never wrote. No ransom note has been found either. I'm slowly closing in on his whereabouts as we speak. Swat team is standing by to snatch up my sheep and return him safely to Pennsylvania pastures.

More on this breaking story at a later date... Wish me luck!

ahhh Bomba... my heart goes Beat Beat to his big... errr... drum [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 04:00 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
All right. I admit it. I still got the sheep. It got here to late for my trip to Arizona. I put her up somewhere so my kids wouldn't find it and keep forgetting to send it back. Ronnie or Sherri give me a holler and tell me where to send her.

When you coming to Texas Sherri, and where?

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 05:15 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Byron, I read mention of ransom. Don't be so quick to send the sheep back. If I get to make my journey down there I may need it to feel at "home" there in Texas anyway.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 06:04 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Cal! Cal! whoa there. They're talking about an inflateable, anatomically correct "Heidi the Love Ewe", and if you need her to make you feel at home I'm going to be just a little bit nervous about spending "quality" time with you over Memorial Day. (notice no smilies)
IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 06:34 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
All in good fun Rich.........

But you know what they say about Wyoming. Where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 07:54 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, just be careful if Cal shows up with his pants tucked into his boots...

Crow Woman; Enjoy your trip. remember you need to sit still and let those skeeters and chiggers have their way with your tender skin!! Movement will scare the predators away from the call...

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 06:41 AM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Ronnie, I got the ransom money from Sherri [Big Grin] . I'll be sending her home to you [Razz] .

Sherri, What brings you to Texas?

We don't have many sheep around where I hunt. I used to hunt some stuff down in Soutwest Texas that had lots of sheep. The hunters down there called them "pasture magots".

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 06:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
All this chatter about sheep makes me nervous! I always thought those rumors about you country boys was just kidding around?

I can't say that I've ever used the service, but that's another good thing about hunting Nevada....legal brothels. In passing, I notice that truck drivers are best customers.

Good hunting. LB

Hey! That includes us, don't it? I meant tractor trailor rigs.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 07:45 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Norm, I think [Big Grin]

Byron, I'll be spending some time with Ronnie and his wonderful wife, then scattering around Texas to 4 differant writer friends of mine. Also, I'll be setting in on the live audiance for Texas Justice TV show. I'm hoping that come June, my new job will have me hopping, so I thought I would take a little time beforehand and enjoy life, regroup and refocus.

Cal... Cal... Cal... [Big Grin] Reminds me of Pinkard and Bowden... LOL

Quick thinking Leonard [Big Grin]

Ya'll behave yourself... well... as much as you can [Wink]

[ April 29, 2004, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Crow Woman ]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Doug
Member # 31

Icon 14 posted April 29, 2004 05:41 PM      Profile for Doug           Edit/Delete Post 
Have a good trip Sheri! Make sure that Ronnie posts pictures of your Texas hog hunt so the rest of us Pennsylvanianuts can see how much fun you're having. [Big Grin]
Doug

--------------------
My mountain cur thinks I'm God.

Posts: 69 | From: Northern Colorado | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2004 04:24 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a shame you aren't going to be here this weekend. The Cinco de Mayo celebration starts. Saturday is the big International Horse Race. They race the horses two at a time, one on each side of the Border fence. Lot's of cheering a celebrating going on all day. Of course, with temps in the mid 80's, we will have plenty of cold beverages on hand to avoid getting too hot in the Sun!

But I don't think there will be any sheep, so we don't have to worry about those Texas and Wyoming boys sneaking off. [Wink]

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters