The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Most Ignorant Place in Cyberspace (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Most Ignorant Place in Cyberspace
The Outdoor Tripp
Knows what it's all about
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 03:25 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy Gerald!

It's good to see you.

Hang on and enjoy the ride. [Smile]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 04:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all Trip's fault! He brought this thread back from the dead. I hope my parole officer doesn't see this or I'm in big trouble. Gerald, not wise to lend your good name to such nonsense. But, it's that rascal Trip's fault, I wouldn't lie you you.

We didn't mean no harm; I mean... Hey, we made today Krusty Day. Make him feel welcome back home. [Smile]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 04:54 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
That's it Leonard, blame the new guy.

It is written:

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

Here, it appears, those who remember the past are condemned to repeat it as well.

Ya just can't win. [Smile]

-- Proud to be a Krusty Member.

[ July 01, 2005, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 04:59 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Kokopelli,

"Losing my (coyote) cherry" seems to be way more important to you guys, than it is to me, I stopped caring a long time ago.

On the average day, here in the rain forest, I have a greater chance of calling a bobcat, and even a black bear or a mountain lion (and have called at least one of each so far).

Not many callers can say that. [Smile]

I've heard guys say "I'd trade "X" number of coyotes for a chance to call one lion".
I made that trade, that's all, and I don't feel bad about it.

Lance,

Slogan for what? When I pay PM, to advertise something I don't sell?  -

I've said it before, and this time I'll drop the challenge right in your lap...

ANYONE who can come here, to my county (or the one north of me), and kill three coyotes over three consecutive days (by calling)... I'll EAT the third one!

Tripp,

What the heck am I doing coyote hunting in the rain forest?

Having a good time, most days, if I am actually away from home and work. [Cool]

IF I ever do kill me a mountain coyote, around here, it will be a huge accomplishment.
I will be very very proud of myself.

I take some pride in the fact that I haven't yet given up.

I had a friend, who rode his bicycle from his home in Scandinavia, to Mt Everest... where he climbed the Mountain, retrieved his bicycle from the monks, and rode home. (*he wrote a book, Bicycling to Everest)
His rock climbing partner, and another friend of mine, made a trip all the way around the world under his own power (bicycle, rowboat and kayak, skiing, and hiking).

I bet many times along the way they were asked, "why didn't you just take the easy way?" "you know they have airplanes that fly there?" "are you crazy" and the like.

I think I understand why. [Wink]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 05:07 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang.

Both those guys going all that way and to all that trouble just to get a coyote.

Hope you get yours soon Krusty.

Happy Krusty day!

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 05:19 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, Making us all "Krusty Members" and "Senior Krusty Members" goes beyond the pale. I, sir, am offended and may very well log off.

Happy K.. K... K.. Ah krap, I can't bring myself to say it. G'day.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 05:21 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Cdog,

It's easier if you try singin' it -- worked for Mel Tillis.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 06:04 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Pukin' thru your nostrils is all the same, whether you're singing it or not. Thanks anyway.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bomba
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 06:47 PM      Profile for Bomba           Edit/Delete Post 
Bomba not get connection with man, coyote and cherry all in same sentence so Bomba ask Village Chief.

Chief saay:
quote:
Man who admit he have cherry, no matter what kind, open himself up to position Chief never want to try before.
Bomba need learn spell better and keep content PG Rated.

Bomba edit one more time and lay off Whooeee Whooeee Juice before typing next time.

[ July 01, 2005, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Bomba ]

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 06:49 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya Gerald, how the heck are you? Running flame threads are a great attractant. Ever the diplomat... but you are right that the members here are a fraternity of hunters. We are also an eclectic cross section of humanity. I recall that Idi Amin was an avid hunter. He especially liked the big predators. Adolf Hitler enjoyed boar hunting. If you apologize to Adolph and forgive him I will do the same with Idi. I'll even join you in a verse or two of Kum-bye-ya. [Big Grin]
Remember the story of the frog and the scorpion?
Here's the one I like.

A kind and gentle lady was strolling along her garden path one frosty morning when she came upon a serpent coiled on the path, almost frozen, dying. Taking pity on it she picked it up and held it to her breast to warm it. When it recovered it bit the the lady, injecting all it's venom. In shock and dying, the gentle lady cried "How could you? I saved your life."
To which the serpent replied, "Come on Lady. You knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

Kum-bye-ya?
Lance, you're going to hurt yourself. [Smile]

IP: Logged
InjunJoe
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 07:43 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry too much Krusty. I was a member for only a few hours and almost got banned. You must apparently be a mountain ****** . What tribe?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 01, 2005 07:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, for most people, it only takes a few hours to figure Krusty out; he likes cheese with his whine.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

InjunJoe
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 08:12 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hours my butt. I have dial-up. I used up Junes hours reading and had to wait until today to get back on.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 08:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, you need unlimited access, Joe. I don't know about earthlink, but if you call and tell them you want to cancel, they will probably give you three months free?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted July 02, 2005 07:07 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Say Hey Rich.

Hello Tripp, how's the new job?

I hope you guys have something constructive to do for the holiday. I am headed to Austin to meet up with a friend to go over to the WWII IWO JIMA re-enactment that the Admiral Nimitz museum in Fredricksburg is doing several times this summer. Then I am going to the deer lease to mow the cabin yard and refresh my Vita Rack spots in some of our deer feeder pens. Then home for absolutely nothing on Monday.

Have a good holiday guys.

Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 07:32 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald,

Great weekend for being on the lease. Hope it's not too hot up your way this weekend.

Tell the bats I said hi.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 08:11 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
and the owls. Have a good holiday, Gerald.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 08:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope we win, again?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 10:12 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if any of the "No War"..."U.S. Out Of Iwo Jima" (?) protesters will show up.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted July 06, 2005 08:04 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
The re-enactment was fun. I was wrong about the Iwo -Jima part of it. What I got to see is put on several times each summer. It was a re-enactment of island warfare from WWII. They recreated the taking of a Japanese island bunker complete with Authentic weaponry ( tank, halftrack, M1 Garands, etc).

They even used the only functional flame thrower used in the state of Texas. I think they said it was 1 of only 4 in the country. When that thing went off you could immediately feel the heat from 40 yards to the side of it. I did not know that the actual function of the flame thrower was to suck the oxygen out of the soldiers lungs rather than burn them.

The Iwo Jima event took place earlier this year on the commeration date of that battle. It included re-enacters from Japan.

We then were treated to a personal tour of the museum. We were allowed to roam at our pace through the museum while the employees wound down the days business. It took my friend Bruce and I an hour and a half to see about a third of the displays. I simply have to go back some time to see the whole thing.

The museum curator related to us what a privilege he has had getting to visit with all of the Vets that come to him to donate their WWII artifacts and share their own personal rememberances with him. They tell him stories they have literally never told anyone since they got home. It is a very emotional trip for him as well as the Veterans.

One of the museum exhibits is a medical quanset hut. This brings out the emotions of many of the vets because their lives were saved in one of those. They start crying and can not stop. I think every 13 year old should have to witness that and then see the re-enactment of those battles. It is emotional to simply walk in and see one of those huts. It is very easy to hear the sounds and visualize the hurried activities of the Nurses and Doctors. Just thinking about it makes me want to smack the first war protestor or Flag burner I see right in the chops...... [Mad]

The lease was hot but a little sun screen and a wide brimed hat got me through that. Bat crap all over the steps to my trailer Tripp....and that wonderful aroma in the cabin.

Back to the real world I did come though. I just experienced my third colonoscopy. 8 polyps this time. Now I get to wait and see if they are all benign like the last 5 some 5 years ago. Cute nurses, a methodical Doctor, some great grape juice afterwards and back home I went for a 3 1\2 hour nap. Tah Tah......... [Wink]

[ July 06, 2005, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Gerald Stewart ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2005 08:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I had one....no, I have had a couple of those puppies. I will never do it again, excruciating pain. If necessary, they will have to put me out.

My uncle, died last year, was on Iwo. Part Ojibway 1ndian, he was in a scout type of unit, a BAR man because he was a big guy, and could handle it. He told me once, that nobody wanted to be the flamethrower operator, and that he was mostly assigned to guard the flamethrower, with his BAR. If that pack was hit with a bullet or shrapnel, they tended to explode, like carrying a bundle of dynamite strapped to your back. Every night the Japs would chant from their near positions: "Marines will die in the Morning". He removed and kept a Japanese flag, complete with bullet holes. I have seen it many times. Didn't say so, but I think he killed him. (probably killed a lot of enemy) A good guy, I miss him.

Brutal operation, no doubt. He was also on Bouganville and Tarawa. Not a doubt in my mind, as Tom Brokaw said in his book; "The Greatest Generation".

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted July 07, 2005 06:39 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
They had a BAR at the demonstration. It took a pretty good sized guy to handle it. The soldiers really appreciated that firepower. We changed our strategy later in the war to have three of those guns in each unit rather than one as in the earlier part of the war.

We are loosing that generation rapidly and I for one am going to miss those guys and what they stood for.

My father was a radio operator on a PT boat base in the last year or so of the war. He joined at age 17. When we went into the PT boat display at the museum, they had the one PT boat that was in Dry dock for repairs at New York City when the War ended. It was bought by some veterans a couple of years ago and pulled to Texas and totally refurbished for this museum.

When I related to the Museum people that dad was in the pacific at a PT boat base in the Solomon Islands, they commented that this boat was based out of the only base in the Solomons. That has spurred me to want to see what is in Dad's military record.

Dad never saw any bad action being stationed at the island. At least that is what he was willing to tell us kids. He related that he occassionally would have to hit the fox holes when the island would get strafed by a japanese Zero fighter. He also watched some Kamakazie action from the deck of the boat he was returning to the states on.

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted July 07, 2005 06:41 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
One other interesting fact about the Island warfare. In the early years of the war the Japanese fought from the old model of battle warfare they used to defeat the Russians and Chinese in earlier wars. They used overwhelming numbers with heroic charges to defeat the enemy. They loved the use of swords and bayonets. They believed that the Americans would wither in battle to their character and swordsmenship. They even put bayonets on their machine guns.

They found out that the Americans had superior firepower and were winning all of the close range firefights. They changed their tactics to a defensive tactic later in the war. That is why 64% of the American casualties of the Pacific war occurred in the last 14 months of the war in the Island hopping battles leading up to and including the Lower Japanese Islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

In the early days the guns the Americans used had 4 shot clips in them and the Japanese learned that they could charge when they heard the ping of the metal clip ejecting from the gun. The Americans with their GI ingenuity figured out after they upgraded to 8 shot versions of the same gun that they could pick up one of the ejected clips and toss it against their helmet and the japanese would charge after hearing the ping. The American would then spend the other 4 shots on the duped enemy.

[ July 07, 2005, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Stewart ]

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 03:50 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, regarding your colonoscopy; GET A NEW DOCTOR. This test is to important to put off because of a bozo like that. When I had mine, it was with the understanding beforehand that I would be 'out'. On the big day, the Dr. showed me the garden hose with the video camera duct taped to the end and asked if I had any questions. I had one; "Why am I still conscious?" He gave a little grin & nod to the nurse.....and it was time to go home. Done deal.

To all; My father died of colon cancer. You don't want to go thru that & you don't want to put your family thru that. Have the test done.

End of rant.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 03:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, in fact, I do have a new Doctor, and that's a good part of the reason. I never should have allowed him to do that to me a second time. The worst pain I have ever experienced.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters