The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Cat forum   » Meow... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Meow...
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2015 01:55 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know. Wouldn't doubt that some have been called in ? Just never noticed I suppose ?

There's no shortage of Lion sign in my area's can't miss those footprints.

[ March 01, 2015, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2015 03:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm? That might be a partial answer? I'm told that lions kill bobcat when they have a chance, so it could be they are scarce in your places? Or, very cautious. Don't know?

But from what I have seen of southern Idaho, it's damned good habitat.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2015 06:46 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I really want a cat mount for the mantel.

Leonard, that is too funny. I think that was from the movie "Goodfellas." My father grew up in Newark in the 40's and 50's, and that was the way it was back then.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2015 07:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
nope, The Godfather. See, the "driver" was a rat, so they had him drive over to Joisey where he was told to pulled over so fat man could take a leak while the guy in the back seat shot the driver in the head. Zipped up and said; "Take the Canoli, leave the gun".

Don't blame me, that's Hollywood's impression of New Jersey.

I spent about three days at Fort Dix before being shipped to Germany, just before Christmas 1960. That's how it was; (I swear) all the Lincoln's had a body in the trunk! [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2015 04:24 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I did some training down at Fort Dix. The place is blistering hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2015 07:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can verify the freezing cold in the winter, at Ft Dix. From there we went to the Brooklyn Naval Yard, which is where they kept the troop transports. The USS Gordon had my name on it. Great experience, Christmas on the North Atlantic, 40 foot swells. And, just my luck the slowest ship in the fleet. Not to mention, everybody else in my unit flew! But, I went home on leave for 15 days before stationed USAEUR. Those were the days.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2015 04:45 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of points to be found around Barstow. When I lived there a friend and I would spend entire days looking for them. We both had a good collection. When Pete died of cancer his went to the San Bernardino Museum Society. Each point was documented as to where it was found. When I moved to Alaska I donated what I had.

Where I hunt in eastern Oregon I'm always tripping over artifacts. I leave them be. I find places where there are a lot of chips and chunks of obsidian where someone was making points.

In all the years I've called in eastern Oregon I have yet to call in a bobcat. You have to get a furtaker's permit and tags and I don't even bother any more. Lots of bobcats here on the west side. I've called them in locally and have seen them when I've been out fishing.

That's a nice looking cat.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2015 04:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Moe, south-eastern Oregon is LOADED with bobcat! That whole area, the extreme northern tier of Nevada and extreme southern Oregon and Idaho is home to some of the finest Lynx-cats in north America. They just don't get any better.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2015 07:04 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I know that eastern Oregon cats fetch a high price. Like $750. I know a few guys who live over in Burns and hunt a lot more than I do and only get maybe one cat per year and they've all been taken on private property.

I know there are bobcats over there but I've never called one in. I generally head to California to hunt every Fall and I've called a few cats in down there. In Arizona, too, but as yet haven't called one in eastern Oregon. It looks looks great bobcat country, too.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2015 05:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I once killed five cats in one night, in northern Nevada. The problem now is they changed things and cut out non residents.

I have been told that there is one guy up in Fallon that took 400 cats two years ago.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters